Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia in her own words  (Read 53378 times)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2018, 12:43:12 PM »

https://www.hant.se/prins...-inget-annat-val-just-nu/

In SVT's annual programme, The Year With The Royal Family, Princess Sofia tells more about her work and what it means for her.
- Life has changed quite a lot, of course. It has changed a lot even on a personal level; I have become a mother and stepped into my role as a princess with a new job and all of that. So quite a lot has happened. But I think that most of it has been a positive thing. Before, I had one foot in both worlds. Now this is my job, it's my mission.

The reporter asks Princess Sofia if she has ever repented, to which she answers no. She does not see herself as a person who regrets things she has done.
- You make your choices. I could have chosen not to be in this world, but then I would also miss out on the love of my life and the two children that I have today.

Princess Sofia says in The Year With The Royal Ramily that the most difficult thing about public life has been to get used to the fact that people usually know who she is and to not to lose herself in the expectations that may exist on a princess.

She is asked if she thinks it is difficult to have eyes on her.
- It has been really tough for me. A few years ago I didn't know if I could handle the whole thing, the public life. I think it is much better now. I think we humans are very adaptable and I have found an acceptance in this. I have no other choice right now. You learn to live with it.
What's her new role, other than project playground and Sophiahemmet?
Did CG took any other's job and gave it to her?

God save us if S accomplish her mission.

I think she was referring to her role representing Sweden.

I just find it ironic that this woman who has chased fame and fortune since she was a teen, and went after CP only because of his title, suddenly realizes that life as a royal with people watching her every move wasn't so fun after all.  Roll Eyes
Blueskies

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2018, 01:07:56 PM »

In SVT's annual programme, The Year With The Royal Family, Princess Sofia tells more about her work and what it means for her.
- Life has changed quite a lot, of course. It has changed a lot even on a personal level; I have become a mother and stepped into my role as a princess with a new job and all of that. So quite a lot has happened. But I think that most of it has been a positive thing. Before, I had one foot in both worlds. Now this is my job, it's my mission.

The reporter asks Princess Sofia if she has ever repented, to which she answers no. She does not see herself as a person who regrets things she has done.
- You make your choices. I could have chosen not to be in this world, but then I would also miss out on the love of my life and the two children that I have today.

Princess Sofia says in The Year With The Royal Ramily that the most difficult thing about public life has been to get used to the fact that people usually know who she is and to not to lose herself in the expectations that may exist on a princess.

- It has been really tough for me. A few years ago I didn't know if I could handle the whole thing, the public life. I think it is much better now. I think we humans are very adaptable and I have found an acceptance in this. I have no other choice right now. You learn to live with it.

I just find it ironic that this woman who has chased fame and fortune since she was a teen, and went after CP only because of his title, suddenly realizes that life as a royal with people watching her every move wasn't so fun after all.  Roll Eyes

Amen to that!  Sheís an odd girl and not too bright if she didnít consider all, ALL, the ramifications of marrying him and joining the family.  She keeps talking like she had no choice and how hard it is.  Waaah.  Give me a break. 
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2018, 04:25:14 PM »

Amen to that!  Sheís an odd girl and not too bright if she didnít consider all, ALL, the ramifications of marrying him and joining the family.  She keeps talking like she had no choice and how hard it is.  Waaah.  Give me a break. 

This is all spin, this little tart thrives on attention whether good or bad, it doesn't matter.

Besides if she truly did value her privacy and did not want a public life with all its constraints and responsibilities then she should have followed Chris O'Neill's example and rejected the HRH and remain a private person.
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2018, 11:47:52 AM »

Did anyone else get the impression that in the documentary Sofia's "office" looked like a disused storage room that they'd cobbled together to make it look like her office? I honestly can't see it justifiable for her to have an office for so little work she does.... Unless she spends her time googling Madde and trying to find similar outfits  Wink
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2018, 01:59:33 PM »

Did anyone else get the impression that in the documentary Sofia's "office" looked like a disused storage room that they'd cobbled together to make it look like her office? I honestly can't see it justifiable for her to have an office for so little work she does.... Unless she spends her time googling Madde and trying to find similar outfits  Wink

You're forgetting her shady company SKB Sweden Ab. Gotta have her own office to run that.  Beer
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Salvia microphylla 'Hot Lips'

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2018, 09:19:37 PM »

Did anyone else get the impression that in the documentary Sofia's "office" looked like a disused storage room that they'd cobbled together to make it look like her office? I honestly can't see it justifiable for her to have an office for so little work she does.... Unless she spends her time googling Madde and trying to find similar outfits  Wink

You're forgetting her shady company SKB Sweden Ab. Gotta have her own office to run that.  Beer

And Project Playground don't forget. Oops, that's right, she doesn't do work with them anymore since the court said she wouldn't Snare
Star s for you both
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2018, 09:50:50 PM »

Literally just watched it and came here to say exactly that!! I mean please, that is not an office that is used regularly! The room was just full of bookcases with nothing on them, a printer on a shelf where it would be hard to use  and desk and a computer. I did notice though that there was a massive floor length mirror in the room - that seems like a Sofia thing to have in your office so she can check on how she looks in Madde's clothes.

Also was it just me or did she come across badly in the interview bit, she stumbled over her words and how to word what she wanted. It was noticeable given that the other royals, especially the Queen, spoke so well on often more difficult/complex matters than "what do you do".
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2018, 10:15:02 PM »

Sofia makes it sound like she did such a big sacrifice by marrying Carl Philip  Sweating  But perhaps she did discover that being the princess isn't just cutting ribbons, wearing expensive designer clothes and glittering tiaras, and that she lacks education and style  Tongue
Blueskies

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2018, 10:34:46 PM »

Wow, I have to go back and watch again.  Frankly, I was just surprised she had an office at all because I canít imagine what work she actually does that would warrant an office.  I just had to laugh that they staged it so that her assistant or secretary comes in to hand her a piece of paper over which they have a discussion.  I just laughed at the whole ridiculous scene. Completely missed the mirror but at least that makes sense - that she would have such a thing in her office.  Thatís the only item that DOES make sense, considering itís her. 

I agree, she comes across as so put upon, making such personal sacrifice marrying into the family.  Please. 
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2018, 11:37:19 PM »

What got me is that the broadcaster had additional mini programs for each royal showing more footage that wasn't in the main programme. Sofia's was billed as "a working day" and yet they only showed her in her "office" where she was "preparing" for appearing on stage to present an award. That was it. Given they know this comes up every year if that's the best they could show off for Sofia then she can't be doing much at all.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2019, 08:23:52 AM »

I agree, she comes across as so put upon, making such personal sacrifice marrying into the family.  Please. 

Put upon my arse.

This scheming little sow stalked and manipulated a daft prince whose only possible redeeming quality is that he seems to think the best of people he cares about.

She wanted to be HRH Princess and Duchess CP  because that was the best she was ever going to get. And now she is trying to hoodwink the Swedish people into believing she works.  Good luck with that. 
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »

https://www.svenskdam.se/...prinsessan-sofias-kontor/

- I have several different things that I work on during the weeks. Here at the castle, I receive, among other things, visitors, and I work very closely to my secretary Anita. And I have my work with our prince couple foundation which involves a lot of meetings. I also work with Project Playground, so there is some variety, which is very nice.

- This year has been very exciting in many ways. As a princess I have had a very broad range of events, and on a personal level I've dealt a lot with the puzzle of life and fitting together all the pieces. We have a one-year-old and a two-year-old at home.

Her duties at the office vary a lot. Sofia says that one day can be about writing thank you cards, planning photographs and interviews, to writing speeches and making strategic plans for the incoming year.

- I think maybe there is a misconception that we only work when we are seen by the people but most of the work is happening behind the scenes. We are very involved in this.

Sofia also says that she is constantly trying to learn more. She is currently studying social science and has also studied the history of the monarchy.

- I have fantastic opportunities to work with what I am passionate about and think is important. I am extremely humble about my mission and think it is very exciting.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:35:45 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »

https://www.svenskdam.se/...prinsessan-sofias-kontor/

- I have several different things that I work on during the weeks. Here at the castle, I receive, among other things, visitors, and I work very closely to my secretary Anita. And I have my work with our prince couple foundation which involves a lot of meetings. I also work with Project Playground, so there is some variety, which is very nice.

- This year has been very exciting in many ways. As a princess I have had a very broad range of events, and on a personal level I've dealt a lot with the puzzle of life and fitting together all the pieces. We have a one-year-old and a two-year-old at home.

Her duties at the office vary a lot. Sofia says that one day can be about writing thank you cards, planning photographs and interviews, to writing speeches and making strategic plans for the incoming year.

- I think maybe there is a misconception that we only work when we are seen by the people but most of the work is happening behind the scenes. We are very involved in this.

Sofia also says that she is constantly trying to learn more. She is currently studying social science and has also studied the history of the monarchy.

- I have fantastic opportunities to work with what I am passionate about and think is important. I am extremely humble about my mission and think it is very exciting.

So theyíre trying to re-mold her into some kind of intellectual icon? 

Good luck with that.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2019, 03:24:01 PM »

Nothing on the bookshelves. Makes sense when your in the broom closet.
Blueskies

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2019, 03:35:29 PM »

Thanks for the English translation.  I love how itís ďweĒ this and that.  I suppose she has the right to say it since sheís married in, but I donít think Iíll EVER see her as anything but a phony and an outsider.   I think itís pretty gutsy/nervy for her to put herself on the same footing as the rest of the family.  Iíd be far more deferential if I were her, especially considering her own background.  I guess she wouldnít be there if she didnít have a set.  Reminds me of a British contemporary of hers.  Same sort of people. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: