Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Denmark: Should former princess pay her own way?  (Read 7291 times)
aussiecro

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« on: July 19, 2014, 02:26:46 PM »

here is the article

http://www.bbc.com/news/b...s-from-elsewhere-28311625
kookai

Mini Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 09:08:13 PM »

Wow, a lot of pro-Mary press these days!!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 09:40:33 PM »

SRSLY?  Blink  Yrma PR so obvious

Reacting to the results, political academic Lars Hovbakke Sorsensen said that now Alexandra had a less important role in Danish society "people simply don't think they should spend money on her anymore". Danes would rather the money went towards the Australian-born Crown Princess Mary, Sorsensen said in comments published by The Local website.

Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 09:43:46 PM »

If you want to know more : http://royaldish.com/inde...86711;topicseen#msg786711

Je suis Charlie
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »

SRSLY?  Blink   Yrma PR so obvious

Reacting to the results, political academic Lars Hovbakke Sorsensen said that now Alexandra had a less important role in Danish society "people simply don't think they should spend money on her anymore". Danes would rather the money went towards the Australian-born Crown Princess Mary, Sorsensen said in comments published by The Local website.

For me it's Joke who is fed up to see how much money she takes and she doesn't even pay for the kids and instead accumulates debts.

I think that Joke having to escape Schacks, and having a son enterting a bording school, which must be expensive, asked his wife to split the tuition fees or pay for him. But she can't, her debts continue to raise ! This article must be an echo of what happens behind the closed doors in this family.

"The former Princess Alexandra is not without her supporters. Soren Espersen of the populist right wing Danish People's Party told BK that "royals are in a class apart" and that she should be able to use state money give the young princes "the upbringing they deserve".

Je suis Charlie
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 08:12:28 AM »

I think it's more than generous that the Danish public have responsibilities to support Alexandra.
I don't understand why Joachim wasn't asked to pay for Alexandra out of his own funds.  (If he found some of those funds from his stipend from being a member of the DRF then that was his business.)
The fact that such an agreement was entered into maybe reflects how much the Danish public liked Alexandra at the time but I still think that it was taking advantage of the kindness of the people.

The question of the tread - should former princesses pay their own way?
In Alexandra's case she deserved to receive support as stipulated in the pre-nup but I think Joachim should have funded those payments.
As for other princesses - I think that they should receive as adequate a payment as the laws/contracts they sign state but I don't see how the payments should come directly from the pockets of the citizens.  A prince should be just as accountable to his first family as any other ex-husband.

As for Mary receiving any more money - that would be obscene to my mind.   She is paid handsomely.    
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 10:18:06 AM »

Joachim gave Alex what was agreed on the pre nup! He hasn't done wrong there. It was the Danish parliament that granted at the time a very popular Alex a appanage for life. The mistake was not putting a limit of time, either ending on remarraige or finish when Felix was 18 or reduced the payout over a certain amount of years. It like most payments should have ended on Alex's marraige to Martin. She would still have the child maintance payments , school fees and a free house. I think at the time the parliament was point scoring and as Alex was popular at the time it was welcomed.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 10:24:16 AM »

I think many Danes need to step back and ask themselves how much does the ENTIRE family cost and if they are worth it. Fred and Mary and their family cost a fortune to support with very little in return. Mary isn't an international figure by any stretch and they need to come to terms with that. Good for Alex she hammered out a good pre nup and everyone went along with it. At least she can speak fluent Danish.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 10:48:48 AM »

IMO most Danes don't follow the RF closely (the same could be said for many monarchies) so don't pay much attention to how much they cost or how little they do. Mary, for example, has not had a public engagement in weeks, 4 to be precise. Her next "work" event is a cruise around Denmark.  Roll Eyes Blink

The DRF is aided by the constant barrage of media reports and sugary articles that call them "hardworking", "dedicated to their causes" etc etc If people actually did pay attention they would realise that the DRF are lazy, shallow and incredibly materialistic.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:56:46 AM by Little_star » Logged

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 02:00:22 PM »

The media also helps create the illusion of Mary as an internationally respected humanitarian with a lot of famous friends and we know that is total bullshit as well.
devin22

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 03:41:48 AM »

Mary isn't even famous on the world stage.
Cloudberry

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 04:09:23 AM »

Mary isn't even famous on the world stage.

In fairness, most European royals aren't. At the time I first got interested in royals, around late 2006-early 2007, I didn't know there were any other European royal families besides the Brits. I literally found out from reading the royalty profiles on Hello Magazine's website  Blush Of course, since then we've had Victoria's wedding and especially Will and Kate's wedding and interest in royalty has increased as a result. Heck, MM isn't really known here in the U.S. and she's the most internationally focused of all the European crown princesses.

That said, the Danish and Australian media's insistence on portraying Mary as an international icon of glamour, charity and compassion is laughable. She has an amazing wardrobe but not a particularly fashion-forward one and that's pretty much the only thing extraordinary about her as Crown Princess.
royalfamily

Muted
Medium Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »

The problem as the DRF and the governmet of that time. Now, it's impossible to go back.

my forum: crownroyals.proboards.com - active members only
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: