Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friends of Carl Gustaf and Silvia, information and news  (Read 12088 times)
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2014, 06:28:38 PM »

I was given permission to start a thread about friends of Carl Gustaf and Silvia by Maria. Feel free to discuss, but please write only public information about them that can be found on reliable public sources. They are after all private citizens. Thank you!

I'll start. The king and queen vacationed in their villa on the Riviera earlier this summer. After the engagement was made public and before Victoria's birthday. They were there with some friends, who were not named in the article. Does anybody recognise them from other photos from the king's b-days etc?

Source: http://www.expressen.se/n...iga-semester-pa-rivieran/

Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 10:42:33 PM »

I don´t know them.

Does anyone know who the "inner circle" is? Which families are part of it?
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 11:12:38 PM »

I am trying to find the guest list to CG's 60th birthday, but cant't find it online.

I did find a copy of the guest list to Victoria's wedding in 2010 though and these people were listed as "personal friends" /to the RF/:

Herr Johan Beckman och Hovdamen Fru Eliane de Gunzburg Beckman
Grevinnan Beck-Friis
Kabinettssekreterare Frank Belfrage och Inredningsarkitekt Helena Belfrage
Leg. läkare Michaël Berglund och Fil. kand. Caroline Berglund
Direktör Hans Eric Brodin och Fru Eva Benita Brodin
Friherre Carl de Geer och Friherrinnan Christina de Geer
Ambassadör Ulf Dinkelspiel och Studiehandledaren Fru Louise Dinkelspiel
Enhetschef Marianne von der Esch
Direktör Sven Philip Sörensen och Fru Marie-Louise Sörensen
Direktör Anders Lettström och Fru Christina Lettström
Fartygschef Bertil Nordström
Fru Agneta Kreuger och Direktör Lars Abrahamson
Direktör Jan Öhrvall och Fotograf Gunilla Öhrvall
Styrelseordförande Stefan Persson, H & M AB, och Fru Denise Persson
Fru Annika Kahm
Friherre Gustaf Banér och Friherrinnan Agneta Banér
Fröken Christina Banér
Dr. Dr. eh. Achim Middelschulte och Frau Beate Middelschulte
Herr J. Christer Elfverson
Fru Signe von der Esch
Mr. Gilbert E. Kaplan och Mrs. Lena Kaplan

Cloudberry

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 02:55:19 AM »

Is that CG in a swimsuit in the second pic? Not something I ever expected or wanted to see.

I'm curious as to the kinds of people CG and Silvia hang out with. Desideria, you mentioned in a different thread that the nobility doesn't interact much with them, right? I wonder how rich you have to be to get into their circle.
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 01:10:19 PM »

Is that CG in a swimsuit in the second pic? Not something I ever expected or wanted to see.

I'm curious as to the kinds of people CG and Silvia hang out with. Desideria, you mentioned in a different thread that the nobility doesn't interact much with them, right? I wonder how rich you have to be to get into their circle.

Mega rich (according to Swedish standards, we don't have any Bill Gates here), and willing to donate a lot of $$$ to Silvia's Childhood foundation or lend your plane and yacht for free to the royal family. Then you are all of a sudden "friends".

Stefan Persson and his family (owners of clothing company H&M / Hennes) and language course billionaire Bertil Hult who started EF were not friends with the RF until... maybe 10 years ago. I guess that the substantial donation that the Persson family made to Childhood foundation and that Bertil Hult paid for Victoria's honeymoon helped.  Roll Eyes
Cloudberry

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »

I can't say I'm surprised, though it's still kind of sad. So much for personal integrity. I'd imagine that if either had any self-awareness they'd be pretty lonely. It's a shallow life.
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 01:42:43 PM »

I can't say I'm surprised, though it's still kind of sad. So much for personal integrity. I'd imagine that if either had any self-awareness they'd be pretty lonely. It's a shallow life.

It's so tacky and really telling of what kind of people they are. The royal kids are friends with the kids in the Persson family so I guess that there is at least some kind of personal connection there, besides the money.

But Bertil Hult bouht his way into the RF. I think their friendship started when he celebrated his 60th birthday and chartered two planes to fly guests from Sweden to Boston where he threw a mega party where Elton John entertained. CG and Silvia were two of the guests.
waterbuck

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 01:57:20 PM »

There is a long article by Expressen about Carl Gustaf's party friends here:

http://www.expressen.se/n...tar-kungen-med-grabbarna/

"This is where the king party with the guys"

It says that the king's closest circle of party freinds consists of less than 10 men, but these stick together in thick and thin.

Names mentioned among the party friends include:

Aje Philipson, multi millionaire
Anders Lettström, childhood friend
Erik Lallerstedt
Christer Tegnér
Bertil Nordström
Noppe Lewenhaput

They have numerous guy's night out's at Noppe's bar and a few other places. 

Then the king also has some nobility freinds, and according to Expressen these are better liked by Silvia:
Fredrik Palmstierna
Peder Wachtmeister
The Banér family

Sorry if I missed something, I find reading long texts in Swedish a bit hard.
Shreeky

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 07:33:44 PM »

http://blog.zaramis.se/20...-vanner-bertil-nordstrom/

Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 08:03:14 PM »

Reading this I´m no longer surprised that happened what happened... Roll Eyes
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 08:39:38 PM »

What's does it say? My translation my computer did was unreadable!
Cloudberry

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »

I'm not sure what Lovis meant, but from what I could tell his friend used to be in a serious relationship with a member of ABBA. This maybe was how CG met Camilla Henemark (or whatever her name is)? Both this guy and CG, along with ten others, run a sexist club that allows them to hang out with much younger women (though CG is only an unofficial head as he can't be seen to officially sanction this sort of thing). I used Google Translate so if any Swedish speakers could weigh in that would be awesome.
yaga
Banned
Warned
Medium Member

Czech Republic Czech Republic

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:59 PM »

It´s a sad time when you can buy "friendship" even if it were a king´s. Or just because  Thumb down
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 09:49:51 AM »

It talks about a club of 12 man ("Gubbtolvan") from the high society (one of them the king). What this club does is a secret but it is assumed that it is very old fashioned and sexist. The twelve men meet at a private club named "Noppe" which is sometimes called the "noble cattle market". Middle aged, very rich men mingle with very young women there. (  Roll Eyes )

The man who are named are: the king, Fredrik Ramberg, Erik Lallerstedt, Johan Åkerhielm, Carl-Adam Lewenhaupt,  Stefan Persson (H&M), Bertil Nordström, Christer Tegnér, Anders Philipson, Anders Lettström, Pieter Tham (H&M) and Patrik Brummer. (Mentioned in aftonbladet and a paper named "S")
Lewenhaupt is the one who runs the club "Noppe".

Bertil Nordström is an old friend of the royal family. The whole royal family attended at his childs christening 1988, Silvia and CG attended at his first wedding with Yuri Gadelius 1976. After that he was married with Catrine Nordström. He has children with both wifes, there are rumors he has children with a third woman but she denies. 2005 Expressen reported that Bertil Nordström and Agnetha Fältskog (ABBA) are a couple but according to other articles they have already split. Nordström was seen partying with other friends of the king t.ex. Christer Gustafsson at other clubs where the high society loves to go. Bertil Nordström is a friend of the king´s friend Bertil Hult as well.

Nordström has or had a company, is in stock trading and property management. He has an apartment in Beckholmen, one of the most expensive adress in Stockholm, and a farm close to Uppsala.

(There are stocks involved, bolaget "Gubbtolvan" is renting the club "Noppe" but that is quite unclear, and here the king doesn´t  seem to be involved.)
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 09:53:14 AM »

I remember reading an article about the king´s friends. It said that Silvia is the only "first wife". Almost all of the kings friends are married to younger women now. I wonder how she feels. No
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: