Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friends of Carl Gustaf and Silvia, information and news  (Read 11781 times)
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 09:22:59 AM »

She actually reminds me of Silvia, both in style and in appearance. Is Carola his first wife?

And Desideria, I'm so happy to see you posting!  Supercontent Did you take a break from RoyalDish or have I just not been paying attention to usernames?  Blush You're so lucky to be able to go to Djurgarden whenever you want. My dream is to live there (or somewhere in Stockholm in general) so I'm totally jealous of all you lucky Swedes.

Thank you Cloudberry! Smiley Hug
I have had too little time to spend online and I don't have anything new to add, so I haven't been here the last month. Strandvägen and Djurgården is lovely, hope you get to live here!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:55:45 AM by Desideria » Logged
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 02:10:09 PM »

Today the newspapers are reporting that one of CG's oldest friends, count Carl Adam "Noppe" Lewenhaupt, has been found dead. He was found in the water outside Djurgarden in central Stockholm and according to the police, it was not because of a crime. Noppe was reported missing after a private dinner on Tuesday night and was found in the water at noon on Wednesday.  

CG is in Lahtis in Finland to watch the world championship in skiing and he gave a comment to the Swedish reporters there.

- He is one of my oldest friends and we have had a lot of fun together. He was, in the right sense of the word, a real joker, a really good camrade and we have shared many good laughs together.
- I am sending my thoghts to his wife Lee and everybody who has been close to him.

http://www.aftonbladet.se...-noppe-han-var-en-spjuver
http://www.expressen.se/n...-noppe-lewenhaupt-ar-dod/

Noppe ran an exclusive member's club in Ostermalm, Noppe's, and a lot of the old guard is interviewed in the papers. Noppe seems to have been a person who was liked by everybody, a lot of people are expressing their shock and grief.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:15:18 PM by Desideria » Logged
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Princess Gollumina wants her precioussss

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 03:39:56 PM »

It's tragic to lose one's best friend, especially in such a dramatic way. I know Kungen is not very good with words in general and it's not like giving out statements would be easy in a sad moment like this but still... I think his comments on his friend are slightly peculiar. It sounds like he's describing a court jester or something. Ok, so maybe Noppe was indeed mostly about laughs but you'd think there was something else to say too when talking about your best friend.

Very sad. I wonder what happened.

The Rally Prince driving (yes, it's really him)...
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 04:22:26 PM »

It's tragic to lose one's best friend, especially in such a dramatic way. I know Kungen is not very good with words in general and it's not like giving out statements would be easy in a sad moment like this but still... I think his comments on his friend are slightly peculiar. It sounds like he's describing a court jester or something. Ok, so maybe Noppe was indeed mostly about laughs but you'd think there was something else to say too when talking about your best friend.

Very sad. I wonder what happened.

CG used the word "spjuver", a word that is difficult to translate. I would describe it as a person who is funny and social, likes to tell jokes and do pranks (kind ones). It's a bit oldfashioned, not really a word that is commonly used anymore. 
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 07:08:01 PM »

People are wondering if it was an accident, some sort of seizure or something more tragic. Everyone seemed to like him and he seemed like a happy guy but then again, you never know. I have no idea how his marriage was or what his financial situation was or if he was healthy. I wonder if there will be any new information of this tragic thing.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:18:42 PM by Suzerain » Logged

Ostermalmstanten

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2017, 12:26:57 AM »

Such sad news. I've met him twice and he was such a nice man.

I know as little as anyone else about what happened to him, but as there are a lot of members here who are living in a warmer climate, I would want to point out that it's winter and ice now in Stockholm. I don't know about the ice situation right where he was found, but I saw a lot of people walking on the ice some kilometers away from there last weekend. My favorite thing about the winter is walking on ice and I know a lot of people who share my passion for it. The problem with warm winters and ice is that the ice can seem thick enough to walk on, but the under water currents can make the ice very fragile at some points. So my guess is that the same thing happened to him as to too many others before him. He took a walk on the ice, the ice broke, he fell into the ice cold water (which usually puts your body in shock within a few minutes when wearing heavy winter clothes) and couldn't get up. I've lost two friends in similar accidents.  Cry
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:54:36 AM by Ostermalmstanten » Logged
Ostermalmstanten

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2017, 04:18:11 AM »

Too late to edit my last post. It seems like there was no ice at all around there, so my theory was probably not true.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »

Well, now we know he took his own life. The court chaplain explained it once and for all in his speech. How terribly sad.  Sad

http://www.aftonbladet.se...s-sista-fest-med-vannerna

"In his speech, he took up both serious things - and joy.
He started with seriousness, why Noppe died - so no-one would need to wonder more.
- Noppe chose to leave us and life on earth. And he chose to do it when he thought it was the best time, when life was as usual, said Hans Rhodin.
- Lee, you saw Noppe look in the mirror and he did not like what he saw. Maybe he was afraid of getting old. Maybe it was chemical imbalance. We do not know.
- Now Noppe is united with his parents and those of his brothers and sisters who have gone before him into eternity."

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 06:38:41 PM »

That's very sad Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: