Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria's style disasters and fashion faux-pas  (Read 7205 times)
Tsarina

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2020, 07:57:56 AM »

When Victoria gets it right, she gets it very right. But when she gets it wrong it’s equally as bad Crap
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 09:10:21 AM »

A few from me to kick things off

Future Crayon says de-escalate
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2020, 10:40:21 AM »

Sadly you can nearly stick every picture of her (except outdoors) in that section. She is such a nice, warm and attractive woman but her sense of fashion is worse than the Yorkies.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2020, 10:52:14 AM »

A few from me to kick things off

Lol, the top photos of the red and black number -that’s the exact outfit I think of every time this topic is mentioned.  That ensemble is SO bad!!  I remember when she wore this.  Hard to forget that one.  🤮
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2020, 11:00:01 AM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2020, 11:03:37 AM »

This is a dress of mother Silvia originally. She had a period in which Victoria repeated dresses/ outfits of her mother:

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2020, 01:53:55 PM »

I don't even know where to start...80% of Vikkan's wardrobe belongs in this thread

I hated this silk monstrosity:

And this too

Also this one

Nope!

Nope again!

Nooooo!

Ugh

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2020, 02:04:33 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2020, 02:08:07 PM »

Somebody missing her or his duvet?

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2020, 02:09:27 PM »

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2020, 05:25:46 PM »

Sadly you can nearly stick every picture of her (except outdoors) in that section. She is such a nice, warm and attractive woman but her sense of fashion is worse than the Yorkies.

The problem for me with Vic is that her outfit doesn't quite reflect her personality (which is down to earth and a bit boring), yet she's trying to imitate either a flippy Hollywood star or her own grandmother. Neither works.

The Yorkies for all their faults at least have their own style. Vic doesn't seem to know what is hers.
ConnieBrooks

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2020, 07:49:50 PM »

Honestly, I think Vic's preferred, actual personal style is either very casual, like in her hiking around Sweden gear where she looks truly comfortable, or it's pretty edgy and avant-garde. Neither of those translate well into day-to-day or evening royaling, so she's had to come up with other formulas. I also think she's REALLY trying to avoid giving the press and anyone else reason to give her attention because of her fashion choices. Whether they're super expensive, super attractive, or more than revealing of her body shape. All of that attention would be unwelcome to her, for varying reasons.

So she settles for suits, but unlike Leti's "bank manager" phase, she goes for suits that are fun/edgy in their colors and patterns AND tend to be bulky and more body-concealing. (Yay 70s!) When she's not going to meetings, she goes for floaty dresses with lots of fabric, length, ruffles, full sleeves. Plus the bows! In blouses and dresses. Neck bows are a political/social statement in Sweden, and she's wearing them for a point. She lets herself go the most for cocktail-ish occasions, like that truly dreadful red and black outfit and the pink explosion. Even her tiara gowns have been pretty bold statements, whether giant sleeves or the comforter (which I admit I rather loved).  One of the rarest things to see her in is a simple sheath dress. She does it occasionally, but rarely.

All this boils down to a princess whose clothing doesn't look like anyone else's in the royal world. So in that respect, I think she's succeeded. She really does own her looks; they are designed to build her image of a Crown Princess who is engaged and busy but also not stuck in the past.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2020, 07:55:36 PM »

Future Crayon says de-escalate
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: