Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Children and Languages  (Read 12751 times)
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2015, 11:43:42 PM »

I think I'd be very surprised if Mary didn't speak English to her children.

Mary has said in interviews that she speaks Danish 24/7 and even 'dreams' in Danish.

But I'm sure it was Henrik's christening where she's clearly speaking to Isabella and it's in English.  Given how bad her Danish is, I suspect she speaks English to the children and speaks English most of the time.  Which she also mangles but that's a story for another day.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »

I think I'd be very surprised if Mary didn't speak English to her children.
Mary has said in interviews that she speaks Danish 24/7 and even 'dreams' in Danish.

But I'm sure it was Henrik's christening where she's clearly speaking to Isabella and it's in English.  Given how bad her Danish is, I suspect she speaks English to the children and speaks English most of the time.  Which she also mangles but that's a story for another day.

There was also the time in an interview (Parade maybe?) where Mary was blathering on about Danish and Fred came out and said quite openly she speaks English mainly.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2015, 02:19:49 PM »

Bless Fred for having done that  Cute
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2016, 01:05:58 AM »

I wonder in which accent they speak English? Xian and Izzy in Australian? Nik and Felix in British?

emtishell

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2016, 02:25:10 AM »

I wonder in which accent they speak English? Xian and Izzy in Australian? Nik and Felix in British?

I would imagine, since they all speak Danish as their primary language, they would speak english with a danish accent (much like Fred and Margrethe)

Mares has removed all trace of an "Austalian" accent with her faux-British/danglish
LouiseH

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2016, 08:54:55 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I am totally out of the loop, so forgive me if this post is off in left field, but I wanted to weigh in on non-speakers of a language dreaming in that language.

I am almost on the cusp of being a B1 level French student, I am not a B1 yet.  My ability to actually speak French is very poor as I am surrounded day and night by total Anglophones.  My ability to free write is very poor and very painstaking with a dictionary open at all times and a conjugation tool open at all times, I am not able to write poetry at all in French.  So there.

I sometimes dream in French, beautiful French I might add, but I am unable to actualize and realize that either during my lessons or with the few Francophones  I deal with.  I am very confident my French is much worse than CP Mary's Danish.

So my point is this,  CP Mary may really dream in Danish on occasion.

Thanks,

Louise 

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2016, 09:37:16 PM »

^ This thread is about royal children and languages. Sorry, but I'm not sure how your lengthy personal anecdote is relevant...
moff
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2016, 08:32:51 AM »

Off topic yes, but to be specific , from experience, of multiple luanguages, you dream in your native born launguage. Its the tongue of of your soul. She lies. If you believe Fraud , who claims dreams are clearing the mind and soul....to keep you sane.....

moff
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2016, 08:37:23 AM »

Again, whilst off topic, i believe Fredrick's and families english is better than her Danish, even if he is modest and lacks confidence to say so.
moff
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2016, 09:08:43 AM »

Beautiful family, Marie seems a loving and great mother, even as a step mother, a true natural. Would make a great consort. can only hope something allows this family line to inherit.
moff
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2016, 09:16:46 AM »

So sorry, meant this for the "shacks" thread. Beautiful photos i just observed from the the start.
moff
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2016, 09:21:03 AM »

So sorry, meant this for the "shacks" thread. Beautiful photos i just observed from the the start.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2016, 08:34:36 PM »

Would make a great consort. can only hope something allows this family line to inherit.

Considering how the situation is for the DRF right now - 5 heirs in front of Joachim to the throne, this kind of thing reads very disturbingly. It's not allowed to wish death on anyone on this board - please keep that at mind.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: