During the times of Kingdom of Poland, Polish Kings and Magnates built numerous castles, palaces and residences on the territory of the whole country. Many of those buildings have a history as complex as the history of the lands on which they are placed. Due to the changes of Polish borders over time, many palaces of Polish nobility and Royal residences once located on the Polish Eastern Borderlands (Kresy) are now part of Ukraine, Belarus and Lithuania.
I’d like to show you the most interesting Polish palaces and castles, hope you’ll enjoy it. Krasiczyn Castle
The founder of the Castle was Stanisław Krasicki, a descendant of the Masovian nobility (coat of arms: Rogala). The construction of the Castle began in 1580. Works lasted for 53 years, and the Castle was not completed until 1633. Originally, it was a fortified stronghold, protecting southern border of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. It was the son of Stanisław, Marcin Krasicki, who transformed an austere fortress erected by his father into a splendorous mansion. The Castle, as well as the nearby town founded by Marcin Krasicki, was named after its owner. The construction of the Castle was supervised by Italian architects, but the interior decorations were a work of the artists of Przemyśl. Despite numerous fires and wars across the centuries, the Castle’s complex has been essentially unchanged since the early 17th century. Built in a late renaissance style, as a square with walls representing all four quarters of the globe, at the corners there are four oval-shaped towers: Divine(with a chapel inside), Papal(it’s shape is a copy of the Papal tiara of Pope Clement VIII), Royal(with royal apartments), and Noble(topped with a crown - a copy of the crown of King Sigismund III Vasa). The significance of the castle was proven by numerous visits from the Polish Kings, such as Sigismund III Vasa, Własysław IV Vasa, John II Casimir and August II the Strong.
After the Krasiczyn branch of the Krasicki family died out, the Castle belonged to the Modrzewski, Wojakowski, Tarło, Mniszech-Potocki and Piniński families. In 1835 the Piniński family sold it to Prince Leon Sapieha, whose family owned the estate until 1944, greatly contributing to its development. At the beginning of the World War II, Castle was robbed by Soviet soldiers. After WWII it was taken over by the state, now it belongs to the Industrial Development Agency.official website: http://www.krasiczyn.com.pl/en