Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch King & Queen's Greek Vacation Home Causes Controversy  (Read 11392 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2014, 04:34:39 AM »

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The Dutch government paid 461,000 euros ($615,000) to erect a fence around King Willem-Alexander's seaside villa in southern Greece, RTL News reported on Wednesday, drawing media criticism and demands for an explanation.

The Dutch monarchy remains popular one year after Willem-Alexander ascended the throne after the abdication of his mother Queen Beatrix, but critics say it costs too much, especially at a time when the country is struggling to emerge from recession.

The RTL broadcaster published documents showing a neighbor had received 461,000 euros for allowing the Dutch the right to erect a fence on two strips of land bordering the property. The strips of land had a market value of only about 35,000 euros.

Dutch media jumped on the report, with popular web portals questioning the use of taxpayers' money. "Dutch state ripped off," read one headline. "Dutch state forks out half a million for fence", said another.

Read the rest here:
http://news.msn.com/offbe...-kings-greek-holiday-home

I didn't know Dutch Royal Family costs almost 40 Euros a year!  Yikes  No wonder Maxima's clothing budget seems to be bottomless.
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 07:23:55 AM »

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The Dutch government paid 461,000 euros ($615,000) to erect a fence around King Willem-Alexander's seaside villa in southern Greece, RTL News reported on Wednesday, drawing media criticism and demands for an explanation.

The Dutch monarchy remains popular one year after Willem-Alexander ascended the throne after the abdication of his mother Queen Beatrix, but critics say it costs too much, especially at a time when the country is struggling to emerge from recession.

The RTL broadcaster published documents showing a neighbor had received 461,000 euros for allowing the Dutch the right to erect a fence on two strips of land bordering the property. The strips of land had a market value of only about 35,000 euros.

Dutch media jumped on the report, with popular web portals questioning the use of taxpayers' money. "Dutch state ripped off," read one headline. "Dutch state forks out half a million for fence", said another.

Read the rest here:

I didn't know Dutch Royal Family costs almost 40 Euros a year!  Yikes  No wonder Maxima's clothing budget seems to be bottomless.

I thought the Dutch royals are as rich as anything - could they not have paid for the fence themselves?
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 07:39:06 AM »

Read the rest here:

Oops, it should be 40 million Euros a year.

FC, if they can get taxpayers pay for it, why do they want to pay it out of their own pocket? I do wonder why they would buy another vacation house again after the last controversy.
Qua Patet Orbis

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »

Read the rest here:

I didn't know Dutch Royal Family costs almost 40 Euros a year!  Yikes  No wonder Maxima's clothing budget seems to be bottomless.

I thought the Dutch royals are as rich as anything - could they not have paid for the fence themselves?
especially when you keep in mind that King Willy bought a €800000,-  speedboat for his holiday villa but he doesn't want to pay for his fence, he just let his taxpayer pay for that >€500000,- .
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 03:28:08 PM »

what's that smell wafting from the direction of Norway and Denmark........ Thinking  mendacity, yep that's what it smells like 

http://klipd.com/watch/ca...-tin-roof/mendacity-scene

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 04:13:45 AM »

Read the rest here:

I didn't know Dutch Royal Family costs almost 40 Euros a year!  Yikes  No wonder Maxima's clothing budget seems to be bottomless.

especially when you keep in mind that King Willy bought a €800000,-  speedboat for his holiday villa but he doesn't want to pay for his fence, he just let his taxpayer pay for that >€500000,- .

WA and Maxima are really living it up. This is what I don't understand why Maxima gets so much love on the Spanish sites. If F&L pull a sting like this, Letizia would have been crucified. I came across this news on a Spanish gossip site. Most Spanish posters were more critical of F&L's supposed "disappearance" last week than how much money Maxima costs Dutch taxpayers.  Roll Eyes
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 01:56:09 PM »

Read the rest here:

I thought that many of Max's dresses were borrowed from Bee... (see hideous green dress) Laughing

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 05:04:53 PM »

Read the rest here:

WA and Maxima are really living it up. This is what I don't understand why Maxima gets so much love on the Spanish sites. If F&L pull a sting like this, Letizia would have been crucified. I came across this news on a Spanish gossip site. Most Spanish posters were more critical of F&L's supposed "disappearance" last week than how much money Maxima costs Dutch taxpayers.  Roll Eyes

It's because none of them wanted WA.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 05:35:45 PM »

Read the rest here:

WA and Maxima are really living it up. This is what I don't understand why Maxima gets so much love on the Spanish sites. If F&L pull a sting like this, Letizia would have been crucified. I came across this news on a Spanish gossip site. Most Spanish posters were more critical of F&L's supposed "disappearance" last week than how much money Maxima costs Dutch taxpayers.  Roll Eyes

And even if they didn't care about the money...where has Mαxima been all summer? Except for a few days in Perϊ after she was caught by the local press and the days she was in the Netherlands after the airplane accident they don't know where she's been since July 10 (that's almost 40 days). But that's all right because Letizia "disappeared" for a week?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes (Cotilleando logic)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:43:41 PM by Clara » Logged

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 05:40:06 PM »

Despite being very vocal against the new speedboat and the fact that they bought this house at all (unnecessarily considering WA and his brothers have two holidays villas from their parents and now they're adding to the taxpayers burden with this security issues) I understand how all security measures concerning the head of state are considered and paid by the State.

Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 05:46:34 PM »

I really, really miss hanzo contributing to this thread.....

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 05:49:12 PM »

Read the rest here:

LOL    I think you are right, Maxima would have been crucified if she were Felipe's wife. 
Also like an South American girl said in one of the Spanish threads, Maxima is their heroine because she is an Argentina.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »

I really, really miss hanzo contributing to this thread.....

Me too... and in the rest of the board 

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 06:37:31 PM »

Read the rest here:

LOL. You are probably right on. Poor Letizia. Her hubby is just too desirable. A woman commented yesterday how relaxed Felipe looked at the basketball game because Letizia wasn't there. These women just keep dreaming.
Qua Patet Orbis

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 08:28:31 PM »

The dutch press are already starting to call King Willy 'the Sun King' (fr: le Roi-Soleil, nl: Zonnekoning) (!)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: