Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch King & Queen's Greek Vacation Home Causes Controversy  (Read 11440 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 09:01:07 PM »

The dutch press are already starting to call King Willy 'the Sun King' (fr: le Roi-Soleil, nl: Zonnekoning) (!)

Does that mean they compare him with Luis XIV on his life style? I'm assuming it's negative, am I right?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 09:20:51 PM »

IMO the indeed comparing him to the French Sunking, and is it ment negative.

Besides Hanzo, I am missing the comments of Winx over here Wink Smiley
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 11:04:47 AM »

I imagine this is a (trashy) tabloid that won't have much impact on public opinion no?

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »

I imagine this is a (trashy) tabloid that won't have much impact on public opinion no?

Privé and its colleagues Weekend and Story are familiar Dutch gossip tabloids. To my understanding they are read a lot, but most people would say only in the shop, at the hairdresser (etc) or not at all.

I sometimes have a look at them in the shop. Scanning for interesting articles, knowing most of it is bullshit Wink

But still the news around the fence and its costs for the Dutch were even an item at the mainstream news. Many of them (mainstream news) do not give their opinion in general. They try to bring objective news. But some on street interviews, on the internet etc you notice a negative feeling about the fence and in particular its costs.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 11:27:40 AM »

Thanks  Smiley Star

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 04:46:01 PM »

I think Max&WA need to be careful with their luxurious lifestyle because till now dutch people don't really pay attention to what they're doing but nowadays I think they're much more attentive as they're facing an economic crisis, isn't it? As much as I love Max I think she loves being royal and being queen...and by saying that I mean she loves everything about that: the jewels, the lifestyle.... Whistle
They need to get some lessons from Felipe and Letizia...more cinema less boats and villas Tongue

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: