Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 200 years Kingdom of the Netherlands - Maastricht  (Read 3780 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: September 02, 2014, 01:53:05 AM »

The Kingdom of the Netherlands is 200 years old. Celebrations marking the bicentenary will be held from 2013 to 2015.

On 30 August this year it was the turn of Maastricht, the capital of the Dutch province of Limburg. The subject of the festivities was "Hello world". Besides Willem-Alexander & Máxima foreign royals and diplomats were present. In particular the neighboring countries and countries with a specific connection with the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

• Belgium - king Philippe & queen Mathilde
  • Luxembourg - grandduke Henri & grandduchess Maria Teresa
  • Germany - president Joachim Gauck & wife

It started with a show on the Markt in Maastricht, among others music, dancers and special designed clothing. Which was followed by a meeting including speeches. Both Joachim Gauck and Dutch minister of foreign affairs Frans Timmermans (who is born in Maastricht) gave a speech in Maastricht. Later on the Dutch royal couple and their guest visited an annual event in Maastricht, the Preuvenemint.  Preuvenemint is the largest food festival in the Netherlands, which since 33 years is organized at the Vrijthof in Maastricht. Every year in the last week of August. The name Preuvenemint is a combination of the Maastricht words preuve (tasting) and evenemint (event). In comparison the general Dutch words are 'proeven' and 'evenement'.
Apparently the day was closed with a diner at the Gouvernement in Maastricht. Every province of the Netherlands has a so called Commissaris van de Koning (Commissioner of the king). In the province of Limburg this person is called a gouverneur (governor), hence the name Gouvernement.

https://www.200jaarkonink.../terugblik-op-hello-world
http://www.npo.nl/nos-200...-2014/14act0830Maastricht

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:58:11 AM by Principessa » Logged
Cloudberry

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:26:08 AM »

That's a great outfit on Maxima. Mathilde is what I expect from her--sweet and somewhat boring.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 02:29:40 AM »

If I am correct both the outfits of Máxima and Mathilde are repeats.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 02:42:35 AM »

With many thanks to: http://www.modekoninginma...ering-200-jaar-koninkrijk

Máxima has worn the dress before at Kingsday 2014:

The hat has also been seen before:

draadje

Mini Member

Aruba Aruba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:09:55 AM »

Mathilde's... head bandage just kills me. Kills me dead.
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 02:50:21 PM »

Everybody looks good, MT stands out with her green suit,  I like Max outfit and this time Mathilde hat doesn't bother me too much

Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 06:11:10 PM »

One of my favourite dresses on Max.  Mathilde is inoffensive but meh as usual. 
Oberon

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 01:45:29 AM »

Maxima's vivaciousness comes across so strongly one can forgive her for the occasional fashion faux pas.  She looks great here, though.
Cloudberry

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 04:51:43 AM »

Maxima's vivaciousness comes across so strongly one can forgive her for the occasional fashion faux pas.  She looks great here, though.

I think her vivaciousness saves her from a lot more than the occasional fashion faux pas--she's not exactly flawless. But I also love this outfit and think that she can generally pull off a lot more fashion-wise than other princesses can because of her charisma and confidence.
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 12:27:34 PM »

I think her vivaciousness saves her from a lot more than the occasional fashion faux pas--she's not exactly flawless. But I also love this outfit and think that she can generally pull off a lot more fashion-wise than other princesses can because of her charisma and confidence.

Perfectly put.  Star
lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 02:20:50 PM »

Queen Mathilde looks good here, can't say that I don't like Queen Max's outfit I'm a sugar for her

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: