Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fergie Photos  (Read 29032 times)
Curtains

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2014, 04:44:43 PM »

I haven't been able to find a particular picture of Fergie that I recall from early in the marriage - before the kids but after her lack of work ethic was noted. It's a standard shooting party picture, guests assembled (some seated, some standing,)in their country tweeds and posed in front of the country pile. The exception is Fergie.  She is standing center, in the back. She is disheveled, wearing last night's club clothes, looking massively hung over.  You can practically smell them amyl nitrate oozing from her pores, mingled with stale smoke and stale-er booze.

I remember it really clearly and it was fascinating to see that it had been released at all, as generally those photos are private and remain in the estate albums.  Andrew was away and this mouse will play, was the clear context. It's out there somewhere, and my seeing it marked the first time I stopped buying into Fergie's self pity party, with her interview withLarry King bemoaning that she was being trashed because she wasn't the 'flavor of the month.' That maybe there was a reason she had the reputation she did.

Quoting myself here, hoping someone like the brilliant Kiki can dig this one up. God knows I tried and failed....

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
DuchyDiva

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2014, 01:10:14 AM »

Deleted
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:54:52 AM by DuchyDiva, Reason: changed mind » Logged
cantstandher

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2014, 04:28:32 AM »

OH MY!!!! Nerves
What has been seen cannot be unseen!!!

I lived through the 80s and agree the fashions did her no favours. I can't help but conclude that she ADORED attention and wanted to milk the fact she was a member of the royal family. Something that the older/original members just don't like to be seen to do. They prefer to emphasise the duty aspect of their role (at least in public)

Did she think she was a movie star? Yikes.

Having said that, I did sport a few Fergie Bows in my hair as a kid 
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2014, 05:21:54 AM »

Fergie was always the opposite of graceful, in her posture and her movements. She just seemed to stride along and sometimes she'd sit with her legs apart. There was something likeable about the young Fergie but she was certainly no style icon, and next to Diana....!
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2014, 05:38:36 AM »

You may get to see more Fergie party pictures, new ones!

"The Queen lets Fergie celebrate £50,000 birthday party at Windsor Castle"
...In an extraordinary gesture of forgiveness, Her Majesty is allowing Prince Andrew’s former wife to hold the £50,000 bash in Windsor’s State Apartments on Wednesday.
...The Duchess of York is over the moon that the Queen allowed her to hold the party at the castle, and she hopes many of her friends can make it."

http://www.express.co.uk/...irthday-at-Windsor-Castle

Questions. She's throwing the party for herself? Andy/Bea/Eug not the host?  Crazy

I can't help it.
 Laugh bounce  Laugh bounce

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2014, 12:36:57 AM »

You may get to see more Fergie party pictures, new ones!

"The Queen lets Fergie celebrate £50,000 birthday party at Windsor Castle"
...In an extraordinary gesture of forgiveness, Her Majesty is allowing Prince Andrew’s former wife to hold the £50,000 bash in Windsor’s State Apartments on Wednesday.
...The Duchess of York is over the moon that the Queen allowed her to hold the party at the castle, and she hopes many of her friends can make it."

http://www.express.co.uk/...irthday-at-Windsor-Castle

Questions. She's throwing the party for herself? Andy/Bea/Eug not the host?  Crazy

I can't help it.

Laugh bounce  Laugh bounce

Arghhhhhhhh.....the news is so  Blink   I just read that NO it isn't a birthday party for her or her ex husband ...it's for 'her' charity....'Children in Crisis'.....On another note I have a hard time fathoming the Queen sneaking Fergie in while Phillip is away....just sounds weird and isn't it a little out of character for the Queen....and for that matter if it's true this sneakiness then how come the entire world has to know...what Phillip can't read. This sneakiness isn't in reference to this 'to do that put Fergie over the moon'...it's from past articles.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
MarieQueenie

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2018, 11:58:46 PM »

I think that I saw her yesterday on Youtube at Harry's/M wedding, in navy blue dress+jacket, and sporting a navy blue hat as well.
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2018, 01:01:14 AM »

^^^^^^ You did, you did see a Fergie. I was hoping to dish on her but she looked good darn it! Crap

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2018, 04:05:07 PM »

the picture I saw showed her looking really good..........wonder where they had her sitting??   Obviously not with Andrew or her daughters
LadyK8

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2018, 10:16:13 PM »

I thought she should have sat with them!
LadyK8

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2018, 10:51:00 PM »

Wow, I loved looking at all those old photos of Fergie!! Thanks for posting them.  I am really looking forward to seeing what she looks like at E's wedding.  After seeing her at H&M's I think she will be able to pull of the mother of the bride thing!
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2018, 07:37:33 AM »

I think she had a lot of potential, but a few things went wrong IMO:

(1) lack of proper guidance - Diana was not a good guidance, either
(2) she had no natural boundaries (see infamous pool pictures) and suffered bad judgement
(3) she often did things without thinking and often spoke when being quiet would have done her a favour
(4) she is very self-centered and over-estimated her importance and popularity - she sometimes even seems narcistic
(5) she made some real bad choices (e.g. the real estate docu soap is one of them)
(6) the 80s fashion did not always suit her (but she was a lovely bride) 
(7) she was not naturally gracefully and therefore sometimes came clumsy
(Cool after a while the press went with that image and published "bad" pictures of her

She looked good at H&M wedding though so there is hope. Imagine she really gets back together with Andrew one day ... what a story that would be.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2018, 08:42:05 AM »

(2) she had no natural boundaries (see infamous pool pictures) and suffered bad judgement
(3) she often did things without thinking and often spoke when being quiet would have done her a favour
(4) she is very self-centered and over-estimated her importance and popularity - she sometimes even seems narcistic
(5) she made some real bad choices (e.g. the real estate docu soap is one of them)
(Cool after a while the press went with that image and published "bad" pictures of her

She looked good at H&M wedding though so there is hope. Imagine she really gets back together with Andrew one day ... what a story that would be.
Star Miss Marple. She was also the perfect foil for her sis-in-law.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard P. Feynman
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2018, 08:54:26 AM »

And she is leaps and bound better then her so called royal husband. She was also thrown to the wolves, just as Diana, too bad she didn't have the street smarts to use media to her advantage.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »

And she is leaps and bound better then her so called royal husband. She was also thrown to the wolves, just as Diana, too bad she didn't have the street smarts to use media to her advantage.

Her biggest problem were the pool pictures ... there was no sweet talking of the situation as everyone saw what the situation was. That gave her a bad image with conservative Britain - that was nothing you expected a (royal) wife to do. That lost her sympathies. Diana IMO had all the sympathies and her wrong-doings were revealed only later - the sympathies stayed with her.

The royal family had no experience with divorces. Today they would pay her a lovely lump sum and make sure she fades away forever. What plays for her is that Andrew has been genuinely attached to her all these years. After having seen her at the royal wedding now I have some hopes for her (I had a few times, but they always got shattered). 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: