Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal bridesmaids, page boys, flower girls etc.  (Read 94539 times)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2019, 10:55:17 PM »

schmichaelira, Thank you for the wonderful photographs of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2019, 04:08:34 AM »

Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark wed King Constantine II of Greece on September 18, 1964,   
The bridesmaids were Princess Anne of Great Britain, Princess Christina of Sweden, Princess Irene of Greece, Princess Margarita of Romania, Princess Tatiana Radziwil, and Princess Clarissa of Hesse.   
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/515492426
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2019, 10:56:40 AM »

A Dutch language Beau Monde article about famous, in particular royal bridesmaids:

https://beaumonde.nl/roya...15-beroemde-bruidsmeisjes
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2019, 11:08:56 AM »

The wedding of prince Juan Carlos de Bourbon (of Spain) and princess Sophia of Greece:

The 8 bridesmaids were:
Anne of Orléans, a daughter of Henri of Orléans, Count of Paris and pretender to the French throne, and his wife Isabelle of Orléans-Braganza, a princess of the old Brazilian empire.
Benedikte and Anne-Marie of Denmark, the two younger daughters of Frederik IX of Denmark and Ingrid of Sweden. Their elder sister Margrethe later became Queen of Denmark. Anne Marie also married Sophia’s brother Constantine in 1964.
Tatiana Radziwiłł, a distant cousin of Sophia’s and the daughter of Eugenie of Greece and Polish prince Dominik Radziwiłł.
Alexandra of Kent, a cousin of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and a granddaughter of King George V.
Irene of the Netherlands, the second daughter of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and her consort, Bernhard of Schaumburg-Lippe. Irene was then a Spanish language student in Madrid. Her marriage two years later to Carlist pretender Carlos Hugo, Duke of Parma caused considerable controversy in her home country.
Pilar of Spain, the older sister of Juan Carlos.
Irene of Greece, Sophia’s younger sister.
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2019, 11:18:03 AM »

Could you imagine the security involved at something like this today, when not only the bride and groom are royal, but also all the wedding party and all their families? Do any of you think we will ever see the wedding of two HRH again?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2019, 11:31:35 AM »

Also at the wedding of Sophia and JC:

King Paul and several European princes served as crown bearers during the Orthodox service. Besides Paul, the crown bearers were:
Crown Prince Constantine of Greece, Sophia’s younger brother.
Michael of Greece, Sophia’s cousin.
Amedeo, Duke of Aosta, a distant cousin of Juan Carlos and Sophia.
Ludwig Wilhelm of Baden, a distant cousin of Sophia (and of Philip, Duke of Edinburgh).
Victor Emmanuel, Prince of Naples, son of Umberto II of Italy.
Don Marco Alfonso Torlonia, 6th Prince of Civitella-Cesi, a cousin of Juan Carlos.
Christian of Hanover, Sophia’s uncle.
Carlos of the Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duke of Calabria, a distant cousin of Juan Carlos.

So at this side two rivals (for the headship of the Italian Royal House/ Savoy House): Victor Emmanuel and Amedeo. But I wonder if they were already rivals at the time of Sophia and JC's wedding.

Carlos of the Bourbon-Two Sicilies was one of the 2 claimants for the headship Bourbon-Two Sicilies House

Sybilla of Luxembourg (née Weiller) is through her mother Donna Olimpia related to Don Marco Alfonso Torlonia (= her uncle).
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2019, 11:34:37 AM »

Volatile wedding seating arrangements... royals, they’re just like us! Laugh bounce
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2019, 02:06:09 PM »

Volatile wedding seating arrangements... royals, they’re just like us! Laugh bounce

I wasn't aware of the men's side....at least who had which role at the JC & Sophia wedding.

With regard to the bridesmaid side I often had to think about Irene of the Netherlands. Being a bridesmaid to Sophia who married a claimant to the Spanish throne. While some years later she herself married another, rivalling claimant to the Spanish throne.

anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2019, 12:32:20 AM »

The wedding of prince Juan Carlos de Bourbon (of Spain) and princess Sophia of Greece:

The 8 bridesmaids were:
Anne of Orléans, a daughter of Henri of Orléans, Count of Paris and pretender to the French throne, and his wife Isabelle of Orléans-Braganza, a princess of the old Brazilian empire.
Benedikte and Anne-Marie of Denmark, the two younger daughters of Frederik IX of Denmark and Ingrid of Sweden. Their elder sister Margrethe later became Queen of Denmark. Anne Marie also married Sophia’s brother Constantine in 1964.
Tatiana Radziwiłł, a distant cousin of Sophia’s and the daughter of Eugenie of Greece and Polish prince Dominik Radziwiłł.
Alexandra of Kent, a cousin of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and a granddaughter of King George V.
Irene of the Netherlands, the second daughter of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and her consort, Bernhard of Schaumburg-Lippe. Irene was then a Spanish language student in Madrid. Her marriage two years later to Carlist pretender Carlos Hugo, Duke of Parma caused considerable controversy in her home country.
Pilar of Spain, the older sister of Juan Carlos.
Irene of Greece, Sophia’s younger sister.

The bride and groom do not look happy.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2019, 03:05:50 PM »

Apart from the fact that None of the bridesmaid dress seemed to actually fit the girl, that style is lovely and could be worn today with the very en trend pleated chiffon skirt.
TBF, if ever there was a couple that chose: "close your eyes and think of the dynasty" over love or anything, it is most likely Sophie and JC.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2019, 09:50:23 PM »

Apart from the fact that None of the bridesmaid dress seemed to actually fit the girl, that style is lovely and could be worn today with the very en trend pleated chiffon skirt.
TBF, if ever there was a couple that chose: "close your eyes and think of the dynasty" over love or anything, it is most likely Sophie and JC.

Still they look happy (together) at some of those pictures....
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2019, 07:29:53 PM »

I suspect being cheated on burned through Sophia’s love pretty quick.
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2019, 11:53:57 PM »

Also at the wedding of Sophia and JC:

King Paul and several European princes served as crown bearers during the Orthodox service. Besides Paul, the crown bearers were:
Crown Prince Constantine of Greece, Sophia’s younger brother.
Michael of Greece, Sophia’s cousin.
Amedeo, Duke of Aosta, a distant cousin of Juan Carlos and Sophia.
Ludwig Wilhelm of Baden, a distant cousin of Sophia (and of Philip, Duke of Edinburgh).
Victor Emmanuel, Prince of Naples, son of Umberto II of Italy.
Don Marco Alfonso Torlonia, 6th Prince of Civitella-Cesi, a cousin of Juan Carlos.
Christian of Hanover, Sophia’s uncle.
Carlos of the Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duke of Calabria, a distant cousin of Juan Carlos.

So at this side two rivals (for the headship of the Italian Royal House/ Savoy House): Victor Emmanuel and Amedeo. But I wonder if they were already rivals at the time of Sophia and JC's wedding.

Carlos of the Bourbon-Two Sicilies was one of the 2 claimants for the headship Bourbon-Two Sicilies House

Sybilla of Luxembourg (née Weiller) is through her mother Donna Olimpia related to Don Marco Alfonso Torlonia (= her uncle).

About 40 years later,  Vittorio  Emmanuel punched Amedeo after a private dinner on the evening of F & L's wedding  at Zarzuela .Q Anne Marie assisted Amedeo and K JC is reported to have stormed: "Never again!" I suppose QS must  have shown the same tight-lipped expression that night.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »

Oh yeah that famous scene of 2 elderly guys on the stairs towards a happy event.
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2019, 01:29:54 PM »

Yes. The day Caroline Hannover had to walk all the way to the cathedral on her own because Ernest felt unwell.
https://bodasreales.hola..../24-carolinamonaco1-a.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: