Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royals with a beard  (Read 19092 times)
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 01:38:58 PM »

Ah, Dagmar and Alexandra.  Smiley Dagmar is my favourite historic royal Smiley

Dagmar and Alexandra were very close and they often dressed up in identical close when they went out, before getting married. It's funny that their sons would end up looking so similar Smiley

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 01:53:54 PM »

Don't forget about the third sister, Thyra.

Perhaps Thyra's sons would have a beard there would also be resemblance with their British and Russian cousins:

Georg Wilhelm, who died in a car crash

Ernst-August, he was married to the only daughter of Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany Viktoria Luise Also he was the grandfather of the Erns-August who is married to princess Caroline of Monaco.

rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 03:11:24 PM »

I can never look at Dagmar as a young woman (she had a very cute little face, by the way) without thinking of the tragedy of her later life as the Dowager Empress Marie. Of course she had sorrows in her early life too, her fiance's death must have been a great blow. Thyra had a baby by a young officer, didn't she?

It was the death of Georg Wilhelm that brought Ernst-August to the Court in Berlin and the meeting with Viktoria, wasn't it? Apparently Viktoria was both spoiled and strong-minded. As the only daughter she could twist the Kaiser, her father, round her little finger!
lellobeetle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »

Since we're a bit off topic I'll say that I always thought it was so sad that the actions of one sister's son would have such devastating outcome for the other sister's son.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 04:00:40 PM »

I can never look at Dagmar as a young woman (she had a very cute little face, by the way) without thinking of the tragedy of her later life as the Dowager Empress Marie. Of course she had sorrows in her early life too, her fiance's death must have been a great blow. Thyra had a baby by a young officer, didn't she?

It was the death of Georg Wilhelm that brought Ernst-August to the Court in Berlin and the meeting with Viktoria, wasn't it? Apparently Viktoria was both spoiled and strong-minded. As the only daughter she could twist the Kaiser, her father, round her little finger!

Indeed, you are correct.

It was also a controversy on the other side.

Georg V, the father in law of Thyra, supported Austria in the Diet of the German Confederation in June 1866. He refused, contrary to the wishes of his parliament to assent to the Prussian demand that Hanover should observe an unarmed neutrality during the Austro-Prussian War. As a result, the Prussian army occupied Hanover and the Hanoverian army surrendered on 29 June 1866, the King and royal family having fled to Austria. The Prussian government formally annexed Hanover on 20 September, but the deposed King never renounced his rights to the throne nor acknowledged Prussia's actions. From exile in Gmunden, Austria, he appealed in vain for the European great powers to intervene on behalf of Hanover.

Prince Ernest Augustus of Hanover (= the husband off Thyra), was born at Hanover during the reign of his paternal grandfather, Ernest Augustus I. He became the crown prince of Hanover upon his father's ascension as George V in November 1851. William I of Prussia and his minister-president Otto von Bismarck deposed George V and annexed Hanover after George sided with the defeated Austria in the 1866 Austro-Prussian War. During that war, the Crown Prince saw action at the Battle of Langensalza.

So the family of Hanover lost their throne through actions of the Prussian Royal Family. And then the grandson of the king who lost the throne wants to marry a princess from the Prussian Royal Family...............

Ernst-August (the father) was partially reconciled with the Hohenzollern dynasty in 1913, when his surviving son, Ernst August, married the only daughter of the German Emperor Wilhelm II, the grandson of the Prussian king who had deposed his father. He renounced his succession rights to the Brunswick duchy (which had belonged to the Guelph dynasty since 1235) on 24 October 1913. In exchange, the younger Ernst August became the reigning Duke of Brunswick on 1 November. William II created the elder Ernst August a Knight of the Order of the Black Eagle. In 1918 the younger Duke Ernst August abdicated his throne along with the other German princes when all the German dynasties were disestablished by the successor German provisional Government which was established when the Emperor himself abdicated and fled Germany in exile to the Netherlands.

Source: Wikipedia
divinemiss

Warned
Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 08:05:04 PM »

Did anyone else read the thread title and think this would be about closet royals and their wives?  Roll Eyes

Ehm, yes me... Laugh bounce
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 12:04:58 PM »

Prince Ghazi

Prince Talal

Prince Hashem

Prince Ali

King Hussein

King Abdullah

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 02:37:21 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 02:45:26 PM »

Prince Philip:
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 02:58:08 PM »

Juan Carlos
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »

Prince Philip looks gorgeous with the beard .  Can't say the same thing for  JC Crap

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 04:34:32 PM »

Prince Félix of Luxembourg:

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 05:41:46 PM »

Prince Ghazi

Prince Talal

Prince Hashem

Prince Ali

King Hussein

King Abdullah

I've always thought that Abdullah closely resembles his mother Muna, but half-brother Hashem is the male version of Noor.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 07:17:31 AM »

Did anyone else read the thread title and think this would be about closet royals and their wives?  Roll Eyes
[/quote]

Whell, I want to know why MEdiana's photo isn't in this list of photos  Confused Confused

G Confused

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2014, 07:41:01 AM »

Prince Michael of Kent should go to Russia and kick Putin's ass!
Those steely blue eyes....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: