Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Overall Favorite Royal Weddings  (Read 9525 times)
Lady Excelsie

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 10:20:58 PM »

I love Victoria and Daniel's wedding. It was very old fashion but very elegant.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 04:19:03 AM »

Can't say I have a favorite royal wedding, but there are elements of some that I really remember and liked.  One of them would be the procession of singing children who preceded Madeline into the church.  Another would be the megawatt smile and obvious bliss of Victoria as she greeted her Daniel halfway up the aisle.

Also was touched by Max's tears during ``Adios Nonnino'' tango. Liked the tree-filled abbey for William and Kate's big day. Was impressed by the wedding waltz with all the guests drawing closer and closer during Mary and Fred's wedding reception. Had never before seen the ceremony with the golden coins that Felipe dropped into Letizia's hands during their wedding, and thought that was pretty cool.

I did think that Stephanie looked lovely in her gown although it's not my all-time favorite. And I also liked Sissel's song in the Nidaros cathedral for Martha Louise's wedding.  I can remember being floored by the simple beauty of Princess Margaret's gown although when I look at photos today, I am distracted by that big wad of fake hair that was inside the Poltimore tiara.

Most elegant bridesmaids' dresses were, I think, at Sarah Armstrong-Jones' wedding. And while I thought her bouquet was on the eccentric side, I really did love Mette-Marit's dress and veil. There's a lovely photo of the queen bending over to arrange that train for wedding photos.

Didn't like anything about Fergie's wedding. I thought her dress was tacky and her deportment on the palace balcony was a harbinger of things to come, not good things.

Cam's outfit for her wedding blessing was so great. It looked entirely age-appropriate and suitable for the dignity of the event. Plus it was downright flattering, in my opinion.

Have loved the child attendants at most royal weddings. Cutest ones were at Kate's and Diana's, I think, although I did love the way Ingrid Alexandra managed to sneak in a little wave to her grandmother when she was coming down the aisle at Victoria's wedding.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 12:45:27 PM »

With those royal weeding s it is like with your first kiss:
the first for me was Charles and Diana and nothing comes close to what magic I felt back then...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »

I think there's definitely some truth in that. My first royal wedding was Joachim and Alexandra and anything before that honestly doesn't interest me that much. I remember that I had Alex's engagement outfit as Barbie clothes. She was THE princess of my childhood and Joachim was THE prince.

There have been things I liked about most royal weddings I have seen and things I didn't like. I don't know if I have a favourite. I think for me, it depends on how I feel about the couple. I can't seperate the two because the wedding becomes a reflection of the couple getting married.

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 09:00:17 PM »

If we're doing elements and not the whole thing:

I tracked down the videos of Margrethe & Henrik's wedding and that was a very nice wedding. I liked Daisy's dress and she was so in love with Henrik - you can tell. The carriage ride with the two of them was lovely, especially when Henrik held up a flower which I'm certain came from Daisy's bouquet.

I loved Victoria and Daniel's wedding. She was so overwhelmed with happiness. It just permeated the entire affair. She looked very lovely as well. Her dress wouldn't be one I'd pick personally, but it looked great on her and I loved the super clean lines and design featured in the gown.

Madde's wedding was also very nice, but her dress didn't fit correctly across the top and the top kept falling off one of her shoulders. Really a minor problem. The day was very nice and she also was beaming with happiness.

SIDE NOTE: I think it's great that all three of the Swedish children found partners that seem to lift them up. Let's hope that all lasts.

I really loved the orthodox splendor of Anne Marie and Constantine's wedding. The bride was so young and beautiful.

What little footage I've seen of Bea's wedding I liked very much. Claus was always such a gentleman, and Bea was head over heels for him.

Lilian & Bertil's wedding - her dress looked lovely and appropriate for the occasion. Their story captivated me with its both happiness and sadness that they felt they couldn't have children outside of marriage and by the time they given the go-ahead to marry it was already much too late.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 10:50:20 AM »

If we're doing elements and not the whole thing:

I tracked down the videos of Margrethe & Henrik's wedding and that was a very nice wedding. I liked Daisy's dress and she was so in love with Henrik - you can tell. The carriage ride with the two of them was lovely, especially when Henrik held up a flower which I'm certain came from Daisy's bouquet.

I loved Victoria and Daniel's wedding. She was so overwhelmed with happiness. It just permeated the entire affair. She looked very lovely as well. Her dress wouldn't be one I'd pick personally, but it looked great on her and I loved the super clean lines and design featured in the gown.

Madde's wedding was also very nice, but her dress didn't fit correctly across the top and the top kept falling off one of her shoulders. Really a minor problem. The day was very nice and she also was beaming with happiness.

SIDE NOTE: I think it's great that all three of the Swedish children found partners that seem to lift them up. Let's hope that all lasts.

I really loved the orthodox splendor of Anne Marie and Constantine's wedding. The bride was so young and beautiful.

What little footage I've seen of Bea's wedding I liked very much. Claus was always such a gentleman, and Bea was head over heels for him.

Lilian & Bertil's wedding - her dress looked lovely and appropriate for the occasion. Their story captivated me with its both happiness and sadness that they felt they couldn't have children outside of marriage and by the time they given the go-ahead to marry it was already much too late.

Can you really say that about Carl Philip and Sofia??

I love Fabiola's mink trimmed dress, although of course I am totally against wearing fur.  Halo

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 01:32:04 PM »

Some comments here on RD on the day of their wedding spoke to CP's beaming face and snakey's nonchalant attitude and look. I think CP thinks he's found his soul mate. In that way she builds him up, even though it looks obvious to us here on RD that she just wants the position and title.

Unless there is abuse in the marriage I certainly hope CP enjoys the happiness he seems to feel with his wife.

I sure hope that makes sense. I've been up all night.

Cheers.

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 02:23:03 PM »

I know what you mean Smiley

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 05:02:02 PM »

Some comments here on RD on the day of their wedding spoke to CP's beaming face and snakey's nonchalant attitude and look. I think CP thinks he's found his soul mate. In that way she builds him up, even though it looks obvious to us here on RD that she just wants the position and title.

Unless there is abuse in the marriage I certainly hope CP enjoys the happiness he seems to feel with his wife.

I sure hope that makes sense. I've been up all night.

Cheers.
It does makes sense. And in a way I agree...

Mary's life motto:
CyrilSebastian

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2017, 12:30:29 AM »

I like the wedding of Princess Alexandra of Kent and Sir Angus Ogilvy on April 24, 1963.   
Prince Edward, Duke of Kent gave his sister away.     
Lady Excelsie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 03:11:26 PM »

I thought Victoria and Daniel's wedding was beautiful and heartfelt. Victoria radiated with love and passion for Daniel and vice versa. Everyone looked really happy and relaxed even Silvia and CG and the royals in attendance.

While Charles and Diana's wedding was beautiful, Charles just seemed cold. Diana was beautiful and innocent and seemed to really looked hopeful.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: