Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Overall Favorite Royal Weddings  (Read 23590 times)
Princess_Migle
Banned

Lithuania Lithuania

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2018, 11:58:20 AM »

Hey guys,

I thought that this quizz might be interesting to you as it reveals top secret facts about the Royal Family. How well do you know them? I got a really nice score. What about others?  :tongue:

Check it there:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/...=mobile_share#.vh1adyx5rb
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2018, 12:17:40 PM »

It's the SAME QUIZ!

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 03:37:05 PM »

It's the SAME QUIZ!

Yup, just posted around RD into several topics.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2018, 01:54:23 AM »

Elena and Jaime’s wedding was one of my favourites, and by far, for me, the best of the Spanish ones. Mainly, I confess, because of the “Salve Rociera” after the ceremony, and also because I never expected much of Elena, but I thought she was a beautiful bride.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2018, 02:59:04 AM »

Elena and Jaime’s wedding was one of my favourites, and by far, for me, the best of the Spanish ones. Mainly, I confess, because of the “Salve Rociera” after the ceremony, and also because I never expected much of Elena, but I thought she was a beautiful bride.

Elena was a beautiful bride.  I never knew about her wedding until years after it happened, but it's cool to read they sang Salve Rociera.  I believe they did the same thing at Queen Fabiola's funeral, and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen at a royal's major life event.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2018, 11:52:54 AM »

Elena's wedding is so underrated! It was beautiful, with that Sevilla touch. The crowds were insane, singing and saluting the bride with "guapa" and "Ole", you can't beat that imo. The music at her wedding is my all-time favourite from Royal weddings

Her wedding video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTWsd7XPgGk

Salve Rociera was sang in the Basilica Del Salvador, that the couple visited after the wedding ceremony for a blessing (as F&L did in Atocha). The music starts around 3h21m Cute

Elena was a beautiful bride.  I never knew about her wedding until years after it happened, but it's cool to read they sang Salve Rociera.  I believe they did the same thing at Queen Fabiola's funeral, and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen at a royal's major life event.

Salve Rociera at Fabiola's funeral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbVETe-pkpA

So beautiful! Her Spanish family with a smile... Juan Carlos singing along... And when they showed Mathilde and she was in tears... Damn! I cry to every single time Cry
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:14:58 PM by Thistle » Logged

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
QueenE

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2018, 08:06:44 PM »

New to the board so I'm late to the game on contributing, but I'll just say that I haven't seen many royal weddings, really Just William and Kate's and Harry and Meghan's lately, but I vaguely remember Edward and Sophie's when I was younger. I remember thinking Sophie looked lovely, but I was so young, I didn't really know much about her.
jolene

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2018, 12:24:43 AM »

New to the board so I'm late to the game on contributing, but I'll just say that I haven't seen many royal weddings, really Just William and Kate's and Harry and Meghan's lately, but I vaguely remember Edward and Sophie's when I was younger. I remember thinking Sophie looked lovely, but I was so young, I didn't really know much about her.
Sophie's pretty popular on this board. She's apparently also very close to the queen. Didn't care too much for her wedding dress though, but I like her.
QueenE

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2018, 05:23:10 PM »

Sophie's pretty popular on this board. She's apparently also very close to the queen. Didn't care too much for her wedding dress though, but I like her.
Yes, now that I'm older and have been following a bit more, I quite like her. She seems very kind, and I'm glad to hear of her close relationship with the Queen.
lellobeetle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2018, 05:29:10 PM »

Elena's wedding is so underrated! It was beautiful, with that Sevilla touch. The crowds were insane, singing and saluting the bride with "guapa" and "Ole", you can't beat that imo. The music at her wedding is my all-time favourite from Royal weddings

Her wedding video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTWsd7XPgGk

Salve Rociera was sang in the Basilica Del Salvador, that the couple visited after the wedding ceremony for a blessing (as F&L did in Atocha). The music starts around 3h21m Cute

Elena was a beautiful bride.  I never knew about her wedding until years after it happened, but it's cool to read they sang Salve Rociera.  I believe they did the same thing at Queen Fabiola's funeral, and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen at a royal's major life event.

Salve Rociera at Fabiola's funeral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbVETe-pkpA

So beautiful! Her Spanish family with a smile... Juan Carlos singing along... And when they showed Mathilde and she was in tears... Damn! I cry to every single time Cry

Me too - damn onion cutting ninjas in my house again.  Sweating

I'm on a hunt now to find videos of the Spanish weddings so I can experience that amazing anthem in a joyful setting.

Edit to add: This is it. Equally as emotional. What a triumphant hymn.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:39:02 PM by lellobeetle » Logged

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »

Does it count as a royal wedding that Kit Harington, aka the King in the North Jon Snow, is marrying Rose Leslie in Aberdeenshire right now?

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »

Carl Gustaf and Silvia 1976.
It was a straightforward, yet "magical", summer wedding. Parts of Sweden had Silvia-fever.
Maybe we can forget what happened afterwards.  Roll Eyes  

And this was performed for the couple at a gala the evening before the wedding.
Everyone was so young.  Cool

https://youtu.be/qk_Vu6AcbWg
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:27:10 PM by Ginger » Logged
MustLoveGiraffes

Baby Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2018, 05:31:21 PM »

Silvia did look resplendent on her wedding day.
There's something so unique about the cameo tiara. In it's individuality it looks like a rather peculiar piece, like an unorthodox craft project but it just somehow lifts the whole bridal look of the person wearing it (Silvia and more so on Victoria).
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: