Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant again  (Read 227318 times)
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: December 04, 2014, 08:27:44 PM »

The question here is......... what does kate really like or is interested in?

Seriously to me it's makeup jewelry hair clothing, and some sports like the hockey thing. this isn't a tragedy. here's some things I can think of in 5 minutes

1) a cause to provide makeup to women, how about possibly those in the Prince's Trust, for cases such as getting on their feet again/interviews?
2) creating classes on etiquette and polishing for disadvantaged women?
3) clothes closet for needy children/people, etc?
4) home decoration tips for people who only have two kitchens?

Best part is these ideas are easy to set up. She could get an easy set up and some bonus points if she could put her ideas into the Prince's Trust or something else like Outward Bound that is set up.

Ok, seriously it's 130 am my time and I've already taken my sleeping meds and I got enough juices going for the 1st-grade level ideas posted above. No excuse her and people couldn't do something not half-assed!! Real mad

Do you think she'd be willing to support my important new charity,

FAFF

Families Affected by Flatulent Felines is the UK's first charity to support pet owners living with farty cats. Please, duchess, won't you raise the profile of our plight?

*parp*

We may waft away the smell, but we can't waft away the stigma...

*parp*

Just 15 buys a reed defuser. Even 3 buys nose plugs...

*parp*

At least be pictured wearing a t-shirt...

Our charitable telethon - the feline parpathon - takes place soon. Tickets are still available!

To guarantee her participation you'll need one or two celebrities attached who can take up the slack for the non-gala functions she won't attend.  And you'll have to have at least two galas a year, preferably during the warmer weather so she can wear something short, see through and sassy.

I'd think all those unexpected gusts would seal the deal.

Morris and Garfield?

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: December 06, 2014, 09:57:53 AM »

Several gossip sites now claim Pippa threw Kate a baby shower - and it was pink-themed. I don't know... Can anyone confirm there was such a party even?

http://hollywoodlife.com/...shower-girl-sister-pippa/

DuchyDiva

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: December 06, 2014, 10:04:07 AM »

Several gossip sites now claim Pippa threw Kate a baby shower - and it was pink-themed. I don't know... Can anyone confirm there was such a party even?

It seems a little early for a baby shower - or am I wrong?
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: December 06, 2014, 12:08:31 PM »

^ I agree. I'm going to be a bit critical here and ask why she would even have a baby shower, she already had one kid so she would have most of the things she needs nevertheless, isn't it common not to have a 2nd baby shower after your first? Or maybe it's a thing people I know do? Usually when people I know try to have more than one showers they're deemed as "lazy beggars".
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: December 06, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »

^ I agree. I'm going to be a bit critical here and ask why she would even have a baby shower, she already had one kid so she would have most of the things she needs nevertheless, isn't it common not to have a 2nd baby shower after your first? Or maybe it's a thing people I know do? Usually when people I know try to have more than one showers they're deemed as "lazy beggars".

Kate...nooooo
nihonbutterfly

Muted
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: December 06, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »

I wouldn't be offended with a second shower normally. IMO they're also meant to be a social thing, catch up on each other, etc. Plus what woman doesn't need wipes, clothes, etc.?Also if someone has a good gap between kids even essentials such as cribs could either be no longer safe to use or worn out, if your guests can afford things like that.
Also there could be a need for one if the gender is not the same as what you have  now Whistle

nihonbutterfly

Muted
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: December 06, 2014, 08:24:12 PM »

I wouldn't be offended with a second shower normally. IMO they're also meant to be a social thing, catch up on each other, etc. Plus what woman doesn't need wipes, clothes, etc.?Also if someone has a good gap between kids even essentials such as cribs could either be no longer safe to use or worn out, if your guests can afford things like that.
Also there could be a need for one if the gender is not the same as what you have  now Whistle

dawni

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: December 06, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »

I very much doubt it. Isn't a baby shower something you invite your girlfriends to? If that's the case, who would Kate invite? She has young women employees so I suppose she could ask them, also Pippa of course, but I can't think of any close friends she could invite to up the numbers a bit. A personal assistant, a hairdresser, a nanny and a sister ... hmm ... not sure who else.

I do hope she has a girl, though, partly because I can't bear the thought of being driven crazy by the press's use of the expression 'Kate's boys' and the constant comparison with 'Diana's boys', a phrase that sets my teeth on edge when it's still used nowadays to refer to men in their 30s. GRRR! Angry

The other reason I'd like her to have a girl is to see just what they'd call her. I really don't think the royal family would ever want another Princess Diana, not while the previous one is still loved and pitied and missed by so many people. Would William insist? We know he likes to do as he pleases, but somehow I think his grandmother might have the final say in this matter. Personally I think Diana might be used as a second or even third name for a girl, not the first. Maybe we'll see a Princess Carole or Princess Pippa!  Wink
Herazeus
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: December 07, 2014, 01:39:57 AM »

Aren't baby showers an american cultural thing? I don't think i've ever attended a baby shower in Britain or for a British couple.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: December 07, 2014, 01:46:01 AM »

Aren't baby showers an american cultural thing? I don't think i've ever attended a baby shower in Britain or for a British couple.

Yeah they are but these things tend to spread. A few years (or a decade) ago no-one celebrated Halloween here in Northern Europe and now... Same with baby showers and Valentine's Day. Any event that can be used to sell stuff to people will spread around. I've seen Christmas celebrations spreading to muslim countries, just because reindeer and Santa and elves and giving gifts sells. In a few years we'll all be celebrating Thanksgiving even if it has nothing to do with our own cultures. I don't blame the Americans, I blame sales people.

royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: December 07, 2014, 01:53:18 AM »

he

I thought the queen put the kibosh on a shower for this wasteofspace when said wasteofspace was playing....'just like any other pregnant woman'...when carrying George...

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: December 07, 2014, 02:06:23 AM »

Never been to a baby shower that was held more that a month before the due date.
It seems odd for anyone to host a baby shower for Kannot at this time in the pregnancy.
My experience has been that it's the women members of the family that host the shower
though they may invite girlfriends as well. The guests swap stories, bring photos of family
members as babies (the mother-to-be & father-to-be) and wish you a fast labor and delivery.
The shower is rarely done after the 1st pregnancy unless the 2nd one is multiple births.
FYI, my European ancestors did this in the 'old country' as well.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: December 07, 2014, 02:35:51 AM »

If a baby shower were held and friends and family attended I consider it fine and a completely private event.  It offers support for Catherine and shares the excitement of the up coming new arrival.
It would be more for the social interaction than for the necessity for gifts.

We don't have a tradition of baby showers so I see no need for them - though close friends and family often lend baby items and buy gifts for the baby once he/she has been born.

Like you, Dawni, I hope the spare is a girl. 
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: December 07, 2014, 12:45:58 PM »

Baby shower? Don't you mean Party Pieces Product Launch?

Cool your jets, everyone
Infanta

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: December 07, 2014, 06:17:03 PM »

IF there was a shower -- and I doubt it, at least at this stage of the pregnancy -- I wouldn't think it inappropriate to hold one IF the child was known to be of a different sex than the first.  As others have noted, aside from a gathering of well-wishers celebrating an impending arrival, showers are primarily to provide family and close friends the opportunity to help the expecting couple to accumulate the myriad supplies needed by first-time parents -- supplies they may not have ever thought they'd need, or luxuries they would not assume they could afford.  Kate and Will have already had a baby, a son, and presumably have all the basic supplies (and know what extra to get and can afford whatever bonus luxury items they might desire).  But if they're expecting a girl, it is a bit different -- dresses, different colored bedding or toys or whatever.  So a shower congratulating Kate on the new experience of having a daughter isn't entirely ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: