Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant again  (Read 228364 times)
nihonbutterfly

Muted
Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: December 01, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »

I think a major reason for the Silence is Golden thinking is that most royals WORK naturally, so one could just do the right thing and check the websites or CC to see what they're doing. There's no need to fluff up someone like Charles, because even though he's a bit odd and extravagant, he does "work" (in the royal sense here).

To me it's psychology 101: the need for W/K to put out so much crap notes about them working, shows they likely aren't working at all. It's like someone going around saying how tough or great they are. That's normally a sign of the opposite being the truth, and the person trying to hide that from coming out.

Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: December 01, 2014, 10:52:09 PM »

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that she actually works judging from the so called "burn out" comment. She is the farthest farthest thing from burn out. She's the complete opposite. I say this as someone who is burnt out.

Don't get me wrong on this, but "burn-out" as a medical condition is not only what most people think first: burn-out from stress.
The opposite can also happen: burn-out from boredom. Which, in an office, may be the result of every day the same doings, no challenging projects, no personal development possibility and the like. This might go so far that you just do not want to go to the office any longer because of the boredom that awaits you there, and the thought alone makes you sick.

And our Duchess of DoLittle seems indeed to be bored beyond belief, judging from how she behaved at the latest engagements. Maybe the thought of being out and about for another reason than shopping makes her sick. Or the fact that she has meanwhile realised that the "dream job" she signed up for in April 2011 turned out to be the opposite of what she expected: actually people expect her to do things, while she had expected that people do things for her.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: December 01, 2014, 11:08:33 PM »

Well, she has the luxury of finding causes she really cares about, not just ones she thinks look good to the public, and throwing herself into them. There has to be something she cares about, even if it's just makeovers for out of work women or something.
She should appreciate the gift she has been given!!
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: December 01, 2014, 11:17:16 PM »

You are absolutely right, cordtx. I did not want to excuse her. For me, it is difficult to understand how someone can do absolutely nothing, although having a position which enables this person to matter. In whatever way.
Because if her biggest wish was to be housewife & mother, well ... then the heir to the throne of GB & Ireland was maybe not really the right choice.
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: December 02, 2014, 12:48:50 AM »

You couldn't write stuff like this....it's a royal reality show 

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: December 02, 2014, 01:01:26 AM »

You are absolutely right, cordtx. I did not want to excuse her. For me, it is difficult to understand how someone can do absolutely nothing, although having a position which enables this person to matter. In whatever way.
Because if her biggest wish was to be housewife & mother, well ... then the heir to the throne of GB & Ireland was maybe not really the right choice.

I didn't think you were excusing her  Hug

I just think, since it's her job, find something she's passionate about (see Charlene and swimming)
Maybe she doesn't really know herself yet because the only thing she really did was skulk after Will in her 20s but I have faith she will find herself in time  Thumb up
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: December 02, 2014, 03:21:42 AM »

Well, she has the luxury of finding causes she really cares about, not just ones she thinks look good to the public, and throwing herself into them. There has to be something she cares about, even if it's just makeovers for out of work women or something.
She should appreciate the gift she has been given!!

Camilla has a somewhat similar patronage, she works for founds to give makeovers for rape survivors, I think. So, it's not out there that Kate could find something similar for out-of-work women or women who are single parents.

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Fiction is the Truth inside a Lie. Stephen King.
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: December 02, 2014, 04:51:02 AM »

I didn't think you were excusing her  Hug

I just think, since it's her job, find something she's passionate about (see Charlene and swimming)
Maybe she doesn't really know herself yet because the only thing she really did was skulk after Will in her 20s but I have faith she will find herself in time  Thumb up

I think you hit the nail on the head cordtx, her only interests for the majority of her adult life were William, shopping, nightclubbing and whatever revolved around those three things.  Most people are following their passions in some way during that time.  They may not be able to be actively involved, but they probably learn as much about them as they can.  I would love to know what she is passionate about beyond William and her family.
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: December 02, 2014, 05:41:14 AM »

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that she actually works judging from the so called "burn out" comment. She is the farthest farthest thing from burn out. She's the complete opposite. I say this as someone who is burnt out.

Don't get me wrong on this, but "burn-out" as a medical condition is not only what most people think first: burn-out from stress.
The opposite can also happen: burn-out from boredom. Which, in an office, may be the result of every day the same doings, no challenging projects, no personal development possibility and the like. This might go so far that you just do not want to go to the office any longer because of the boredom that awaits you there, and the thought alone makes you sick.

And our Duchess of DoLittle seems indeed to be bored beyond belief, judging from how she behaved at the latest engagements. Maybe the thought of being out and about for another reason than shopping makes her sick. Or the fact that she has meanwhile realised that the "dream job" she signed up for in April 2011 turned out to be the opposite of what she expected: actually people expect her to do things, while she had expected that people do things for her.

You just reminded me about how happy she said she was to get out of the house and, I guess, work (during that sports engagement). Which brings me to wonder why she would say that then suddenly go back on her words like people wouldn't remember  

Edit: I should check what I am talking about, it was during the President Tan arrival, sorry. But I swear she said it another time specifically then! (maybe she said something else.. I'll go look  Crap )
nihonbutterfly

Muted
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: December 02, 2014, 07:21:50 AM »

The question here is......... what does kate really like or is interested in?

Seriously to me it's makeup jewelry hair clothing, and some sports like the hockey thing. this isn't a tragedy. here's some things I can think of in 5 minutes

1) a cause to provide makeup to women, how about possibly those in the Prince's Trust, for cases such as getting on their feet again/interviews?
2) creating classes on etiquette and polishing for disadvantaged women?
3) clothes closet for needy children/people, etc?
4) home decoration tips for people who only have two kitchens?

Best part is these ideas are easy to set up. She could get an easy set up and some bonus points if she could put her ideas into the Prince's Trust or something else like Outward Bound that is set up.

Ok, seriously it's 130 am my time and I've already taken my sleeping meds and I got enough juices going for the 1st-grade level ideas posted above. No excuse her and people couldn't do something not half-assed!! Real mad

whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: December 02, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »

Seriously to me it's makeup jewelry hair clothing, and some sports like the hockey thing. this isn't a tragedy. here's some things I can think of in 5 minutes

1) a cause to provide makeup to women, how about possibly those in the Prince's Trust, for cases such as getting on their feet again/interviews?

Best part is these ideas are easy to set up. She could get an easy set up and some bonus points if she could put her ideas into the Prince's Trust or something else like Outward Bound that is set up.

Ok, seriously it's 130 am my time and I've already taken my sleeping meds and I got enough juices going for the 1st-grade level ideas posted above. No excuse her and people couldn't do something not half-assed!! Real mad

This reminds me of something Beyonce and her mother did. They both opened up beauty salons for former addicts to help them get training for licensing, experience, and further down the road, a job as many people coming out from rehab or jails don't have much of a support system to help them start back up. Clearly Kate likes to pamper herself and she's labeled as a "fashion icon" so why can't she set this up also seeing as she's a patron of an addiction charity? Right when you go to their website she on the front page. Both of these things can correlate. She can combine the addiction charity and these salons for women (or men) interested in picking a hobby up.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: December 02, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »

Yeah, you are right.
But even if she is only interested in such superficial things, these can be connected to a worthy cause. I know that there's a charity here in Germany involved in helping women with breast cancer "back to life", based on the assumption that you are more confident after surgery if you value yourself and that nice outer appearance will help to "heal" psychological problems: so the charity gives lessons on make-up, use of a wig, nice underwear for use with prothesis and so on.
And I am quite sure that there would be organisations in GB providing 2nd hand furniture & chlothes for the needy, which she could support.
And so on, and so on, and so on, just like you said.
The fact that she doesn't do all this, but keeps to ignore the 7 patronages "so close to her heart" (unless they ask her to participate in a gala or an event where she meets sports stars or celebs), makes me angry.

Having thought over the last sentence ... no. In fact, I don't give a damn what she does, because she's on the best way to matter no longer, if she ever has at all. And I sincerely hope that DM would stop all those meaningless articles to keep her in the news. Let GB forget that she exists, I am quite sure that she won't be missed if the press decides to give the Lamebridges the privacy they desperately want.

It is a shame that we all have such good ideas, while the Lamebridges do not seem to care at all. I mean, Rhinos & Pangolins? Yeah. But before longing to help animals abroad, put your own country in order first.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:49:12 PM by Kaiserin » Logged
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: December 02, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »

Do you think she'd be willing to support my important new charity,

FAFF

Families Affected by Flatulent Felines is the UK's first charity to support pet owners living with farty cats. Please, duchess, won't you raise the profile of our plight?

*parp*

We may waft away the smell, but we can't waft away the stigma...

*parp*

Just £15 buys a reed defuser. Even £3 buys nose plugs...

*parp*

At least be pictured wearing a t-shirt...

Our charitable telethon - the feline parpathon - takes place soon. Tickets are still available!

Cool your jets, everyone
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: December 02, 2014, 06:55:42 PM »

FAFF

Families Affected by Flatulent Felines is the UK's first charity to support pet owners living with farty cats. Please, duchess, won't you raise the profile of our plight?

*parp*

*parp*

*parp*

Our charitable telethon - the feline parpathon - takes place soon. Tickets are still available!

Supercontent  Star

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: December 02, 2014, 06:57:24 PM »

FAFF

*parp*

*parp*

*parp*

To guarantee her participation you'll need one or two celebrities attached who can take up the slack for the non-gala functions she won't attend.  And you'll have to have at least two galas a year, preferably during the warmer weather so she can wear something short, see through and sassy.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: