Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate and/or William's Image: Manipulated and polished  (Read 176291 times)
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 11:24:49 AM »

Well , there is the housewife image that was carefully crafted but in the end she had a whole staff to look after her house and and a full time nanny while still doing the bare minimum.We were told she went to ''princess school'' /or at least was working hard behind the scenes but her lack of decorum , childish behaviour , lack of substance and bad speech basically tells me she either flunked ''princess school''  Angel or it all was just to lie to make her look busier  Whistle.We are being told she is frugal , but we all know she has no problem spending money like there is no tomorrow.We were told they choose one of the biggest apartments in  KP  because they would start working more but that never happened , instead they spend ,millions of money on a residence they will probably never fully reside in.Nottingham Cottage was more than enough for Miss Dolittle but her heart was set on Margaret's old place and William put his foot down and made the Queen remove the charity that was residing/working there. We were told by their handlers they would stay in England because of the economic situation in Britain but were caught in mustique later on.She has been sold as a hard working down to earth gal but the last 4 years show she  simply is not.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 12:23:33 PM »

When the tried to sell Kate as a talented photographer:

http://magazine.foxnews.c...chess-snaps-photos-borneo

Kate kills trees, pass it on
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 12:35:51 PM »

When the tried to sell Kate as a talented photographer:

http://magazine.foxnews.c...chess-snaps-photos-borneo

that word, talented, is a bit of an oxymoron, wouldn't you say? But then again... just redundant might be a better description Roll Eyes

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Cloudberry

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 08:11:51 PM »

I don't think their PR has a long-term image of them they want to promote because William keeps them on their toes so much. Their PR seems to be a reaction to things the Cambridges do. I think that if they did try to craft a long-term PR plan William would freak, think they were trying to control him, and do something contrary to the plan: I actually think we've seen this with the continued piloting after the gap year when it was said that William would be figuring out causes to support full-time, which in itself was a reaction to William announcing he wanted a year off.
nationalanthem

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 08:16:16 PM »

I think what their press office does is more along the lines of crisis management. They are always acting in response (or in defense) of something the Cambridges have done... or all the things they don't do, actually. So rather than crafting a positive image and watching as everything falls into place around it, they're trying to mask or re-invent a negative one. must suck to always be on the offense because your client won't cooperate.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 11:48:28 PM »

I don't think their PR has a long-term image of them they want to promote because William keeps them on their toes so much. Their PR seems to be a reaction to things the Cambridges do. I think that if they did try to craft a long-term PR plan William would freak, think they were trying to control him, and do something contrary to the plan: I actually think we've seen this with the continued piloting after the gap year when it was said that William would be figuring out causes to support full-time, which in itself was a reaction to William announcing he wanted a year off.

I think they had several long term PR strategies but Will (and later Kate) sabotaged them all. They were promoting Harry and Will as THE royal duo with their own royal foundation and shared interests (they even went to Africa together visiting Sentebale and Tusk). Then Will suddenly announced his engagement and it became THE power couple Will and Kate while Harry was cut loose (and although the palace stated that they wouldn't add Kate's name to the foundation of the two brothers, Harry had to accept that it was added a few months later). When they realized that Kate was as lazy as Will, the wedding wasn't followed by PR gold baby news and the success of their first royal tour couldn't bury the months of laziness for much longer they invented the three musketeers... until Kate was seen flirting with Harry all the time while Will was looking grumpy that even the DM mentioned it. After that they tried to stop the joined engagements but when it became obvious that the golden couple wasn't as happy in each others company as they wanted people to believe Harry was employed again probably to act as buffer. And that was when we started to see an unusually grumpy Harry trying to ignore Kate while playing nanny to both. IMO.

I think now it's like you and nationlanthem said: It's only crisis managament.
NoviceDisher
Banned
Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 05:46:12 PM »

IMO, Williams image will always be intertwined with Diana's. He is the one who looks like her, sometimes he has her expressions especially when he looks from under his eyes. The enduring image of William at his mother's funeral and Harry too is what has made many sympathetic to them in ways they would not be towards anyone else.

As for Kate, if anyone has read stories about Diana it is not a great leap to imagine she is living a comfortable life in a palace, but a rather stifling one. IDK how true this is, but If Diana was the one who rocked the monarchy, Kate must be the one who has to keep quiet to save it. There is a lot of things about Kate that are annoying and need fixing, but there is a personal cost she has paid in ways that are evident and I suspect not so evident. Most of all, she does not seem to have a supportive spouse like most commoner royal wives like Queen Leti, Queen Maxima seem to have That is why despite all, I sympathize with her.

I do not consider myself a William or Kate sugar, but I do admit to having factors working towards them to gain my sympathy and I am far less harsher on them for that reason  Blush. If there are many like me, the image will not need much polishing IMO.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 06:51:30 PM »

Once upon a time there was a handsome young man named William who had a full-head of hair, a caring nature and a dead mum. His father was mean and cruel and didn't let William do anything he wanted, like work or study hard, or drop his 'aitches and have a pet whippet on a piece of string.

One day, at university, where William was super clever and super down to earth and nice and everything, he met a pretty cockney flower girl named Kate. Completely by chance! How unexpected! Kate had grown up in a wheelie bin surviving on scraps and pennies thrown in by passers by. Nonetheless, her lovely parents taught her about hard work, family loyalty and the value of a cheaply made piņata.

Kate and William fell desperately in love. But disaster! William was a prince! Kate wept solidly for 5 days, her dreams of starting a small Bed and Breakfast in Rhyl with the working class man of her dreams shattered.

But Kate buried her hatred of luxury and publicity and realised that only through her love, could William  ever be happy, stand up to his father and be the part-time air ambulance pilot he always hoped to be.

Despite the press attention, Kate worked hard, single handledly running the party supplies company, stitching clothes for jigsaw throughout the night, and carving out a career as a photographer under the pseudonym 'Annie Liebovitz'.

For his part, William flew helicopters, saved orphans and nuns from the stormy seas around Anglesey, defeated homelessness and poaching (but not poaching by homeless people, unfortunately), and cared for his uncharismatic brother Harry, who drunk alcohol and was nowhere near as sexy as William. No way.

A short ten years after meeting, Kate and William got engaged. Despite Kate begging for a registry office do which she would cater herself, the royal family insisted on a cathedral wedding. The ceremony was watched live on television by an estimated 42 billion people.

They have a son named George.

(c) Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton

Kate kills trees, pass it on
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 06:53:08 PM »

IMO, Williams image will always be intertwined with Diana's. He is the one who looks like her, sometimes he has her expressions especially when he looks from under his eyes. The enduring image of William at his mother's funeral and Harry too is what has made many sympathetic to them in ways they would not be towards anyone else.

As for Kate, if anyone has read stories about Diana it is not a great leap to imagine she is living a comfortable life in a palace, but a rather stifling one. IDK how true this is, but If Diana was the one who rocked the monarchy, Kate must be the one who has to keep quiet to save it. There is a lot of things about Kate that are annoying and need fixing, but there is a personal cost she has paid in ways that are evident and I suspect not so evident. Most of all, she does not seem to have a supportive spouse like most commoner royal wives like Queen Leti, Queen Maxima seem to have That is why despite all, I sympathize with her.

I do not consider myself a William or Kate sugar, but I do admit to having factors working towards them to gain my sympathy and I am far less harsher on them for that reason  Blush. If there are many like me, the image will not need much polishing IMO.

I would have much more sympathy if they were genuine. Of course a lot of the dislike comes from the media hype. No matter how often the press is trying to convince us it is plain to see that Kate is no fashion icon or a "children's princess" as well as William may have the looks/mannerism of Diana but not the work ethic, the compassion, the charisma or the common touch. Both are awkward around people, don't care for royal duties and their fairytale romance is exactly that, a fabrication of a modern storyteller.

But they could have earned the respect of people through work and showing that they care. They could also have worked against the media hype in becoming active patrons of anti bullying charities and working with school programms that teach kids how to deal with the media and social networks in a healthy way (were kids learn to not be so easily manipulated and recognize even hidden PR campaigns). How awesome would it have been if Kate would have visited a school during such a programm showing children (especially girls) photoshopped pics of her to compare them with the reality. That would be a role model I could like and even admire but I doubt Kate has the guts for something like that.

Instead William and Kate just use the ridiculous hype for good PR and are surprised when people dislike them very much because the hype and what they are/do in reality is miles apart. But it's always a package. If you want the royal perks you have work and to accept the intrusion and interest in your private life (to an extend). If you use the hype you will have to endure the storm, too.

Edit: Strange. I wrote that while FC wrote her fairytale. 
Penny

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »

Once upon a time there was a handsome young man named William who had a full-head of hair, a caring nature and a dead mum. His father was mean and cruel and didn't let William do anything he wanted, like work or study hard, or drop his 'aitches and have a pet whippet on a piece of string.

One day, at university, where William was super clever and super down to earth and nice and everything, he met a pretty cockney flower girl named Kate. Completely by chance! How unexpected! Kate had grown up in a wheelie bin surviving on scraps and pennies thrown in by passers by. Nonetheless, her lovely parents taught her about hard work, family loyalty and the value of a cheaply made piņata.

Kate and William fell desperately in love. But disaster! William was a prince! Kate wept solidly for 5 days, her dreams of starting a small Bed and Breakfast in Rhyl with the working class man of her dreams shattered.

But Kate buried her hatred of luxury and publicity and realised that only through her love, could William  ever be happy, stand up to his father and be the part-time air ambulance pilot he always hoped to be.

Despite the press attention, Kate worked hard, single handledly running the party supplies company, stitching clothes for jigsaw throughout the night, and carving out a career as a photographer under the pseudonym 'Annie Liebovitz'.

For his part, William flew helicopters, saved orphans and nuns from the stormy seas around Anglesey, defeated homelessness and poaching (but not poaching by homeless people, unfortunately), and cared for his uncharismatic brother Harry, who drunk alcohol and was nowhere near as sexy as William. No way.

A short ten years after meeting, Kate and William got engaged. Despite Kate begging for a registry office do which she would cater herself, the royal family insisted on a cathedral wedding. The ceremony was watched live on television by an estimated 42 billion people.

Star Star Star
That was wonderful.
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 08:50:47 PM »

Star for you Future Crayon! Brilliant Laughing Laughing Laughing

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
Lexy

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 09:31:40 PM »

This was the greatest thing I read today yet oddly doesn't seem too far off from the whitewashing they've done to their "love story"
NoviceDisher
Banned
Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 11:29:15 PM »

I do not consider myself a William or Kate sugar, but I do admit to having factors working towards them to gain my sympathy and I am far less harsher on them for that reason  Blush. If there are many like me, the image will not need much polishing IMO.

I would have much more sympathy if they were genuine. Of course a lot of the dislike comes from the media hype. No matter how often the press is trying to convince us it is plain to see that Kate is no fashion icon or a "children's princess" as well as William may have the looks/mannerism of Diana but not the work ethic, the compassion, the charisma or the common touch. Both are awkward around people, don't care for royal duties and their fairytale romance is exactly that, a fabrication of a modern storyteller.

But they could have earned the respect of people through work and showing that they care. They could also have worked against the media hype in becoming active patrons of anti bullying charities and working with school programms that teach kids how to deal with the media and social networks in a healthy way (were kids learn to not be so easily manipulated and recognize even hidden PR campaigns). How awesome would it have been if Kate would have visited a school during such a programm showing children (especially girls) photoshopped pics of her to compare them with the reality. That would be a role model I could like and even admire but I doubt Kate has the guts for something like that.

Instead William and Kate just use the ridiculous hype for good PR and are surprised when people dislike them very much because the hype and what they are/do in reality is miles apart. But it's always a package. If you want the royal perks you have work and to accept the intrusion and interest in your private life (to an extend). If you use the hype you will have to endure the storm, too.

Edit: Strange. I wrote that while FC wrote her fairytale.  

I agree with a lot of what is said about William and Kate's work ethic, but I don't think most people buy the "fairy" tale part of this romance. You only have to look at Kate to see the toll on her. The cliche is most women want to be a princess and here is a real life one. But most people do not want to be her according to what I read a few days ago. I certainly would not want to be her. I totally get it. I was one of the people who were dazzled by the fairy tale of the romance when they were in university. But if you have watched Kate for a while like I have you see someone who went into this or more was pushed into this with her eyes wide open. She gets to be a princess, live in a castle, be the daughter in law of, wife of, mother of future kings but in the bargain lost herself/paid a heavy price. Subtle little things like she used to live in her slouchy boots in all weather, but I don't think I have seen in a while. This whole "fashion icon" thing means she is heavily scrutinized and must adhere to a certain image. This was a girl who was rather racy. She is colorless now in personality except when the wind blows her skirt up. I do see a lot I can sympathize with.

As for empathy and work ethic, especially if you are a child of privilege it is taught. This is where upbringing matters IMO. Most people are not born with it. Chelsea Clinton is an example of American "royalty" who had a chaotic and public childhood like William, but has always been a sterling role model of what can be despite that. For that, both parents were responsible IMO. They put aside whatever had to be put aside to raise her well. Who were the people in William's life like that ?

As for Kate, if you are a heiress, you can either turn out to be Paris Hilton way or Ivanka Trump. Kate is more Paris Hilton than Ivanka Trump except she has the education. Again, upbringing. Donald Trump is not one of the best men and he and Ivana had a bitter, public divorce. The children have been handed things and jobs, but they all had a solid education, hold down jobs in his organization and have branched into other things. They have foundations and help charity and so on. Solid upbringing despite not having the greatest parents IMO. I think the Donald would pull everything he has ever given them if they do not pull in their weight in the business. Even Paris Hilton is smart enough to get paid for appearances in the millions. Kate has been handed things first by her parents and then Prince Charles. Why would she want to work ?

They both are in their 30s but seem to be stuck in immaturity.  I don't think William and Kate are malicious people. Hopefully they mature into kind, empathetic people and soon.
gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 12:47:50 AM »

The problem with the bolded part, for me, is that we have been told over and over - by the palace, no less - that Waity sets her own schedule and is happy with it. So, IMO, the palace is trying to tell us all that THEY (the Gray Men, the queen, whomever) are not putting any restrictions on her. They are allowing her plenty of time with her family, they are not forcing her to work, they are letting her have time off at the start of marriage, they are bankrolling her lavish clothing allowance, they don't balk at her multiple vacations and shopping sprees, they are letting her, basically, do whatever she (and Willy) wants. So, when their marriage breaks down (and it will, IMO), no one will be able to say she was "Diana'd" out of the family. They will be able to say that they gave her all the support in the world and all the time she wanted to get used to her role and she failed. JMO though...

I also think that as he gets older, Willy looks less and less like Diana (especially since he rarely does charity work anymore) and Harry looks more and more like her. Particularly during the Invictus Games. He's also got that 'looking up through his lashes' thing, plus he gets emotional around children, plus he has her charisma...and Willy really doesn't (IMO).

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 01:15:19 AM »

Star  Laughing Good one FC!

To keep on theme, when were told that they couldn't attend the para-olympics because they were preparing for a tour. Several days latter cue naked Kate pictures in sunbathing in France.

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Fiction is the Truth inside a Lie. Stephen King.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: