Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Mary - Now?  (Read 192566 times)
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: January 14, 2017, 03:16:43 AM »

Maybe Smoody and Aussie PR planted the Queen NOW stories in the past. Now that she's been chastened, the rag that posted that most recent story needs to be discredited.
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: January 14, 2017, 11:08:21 AM »

Not sure if this fits here or elsewhere (Maria - feel free to move!) but in the real situation of Mary becoming Queen requiring QM to pass - can any Dane fill in on what the protocol is for the funeral/period of mourning/ceremony of coronation (for lack of the other word I cant think of right now)? I mean Spain and Holland the former head is still living so there was no depressing time of state funeral and black clothes, but if QM intends to go on to the end, how long do we have to see Mary trying to hide a smirk behind a compassionate face?

I think I read on here somewhere that the Danes don't do the big hoopla coronation the Brits do, but what do they do instead?
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: January 14, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »

There was a proclamation from the balcony by the prime minister. Next to him was Margrethe in her mourning clothes.

The prime minister said:

"King Frederik the 9th is dead. Long live her majesty Queen Margrethe the 2nd".

This was repeated three times. And then, even though there was 9 hurras for the new queen, it really was a day of mourning.

Also on the balcony, Margrethe gives a short speech.

"My beloved father, our king, has died and a great sorrow has hit us all (sorry, this is poorly translated). The deed, which for almost 25 years belonged to my father, has now been put upon my shoulders and I pray for God to help me and give me strength to carry the heavy legacy."

The she ends it by saying her motto: "God's help, the love of the people, Denmark's strength."

And that's it.

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: January 14, 2017, 03:58:19 PM »

The idea of Mary standing on the balcony for an announcement like that is really too horrible to think about. Not least because she is clearly looking forward to it.  Thumb down

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: January 14, 2017, 05:18:11 PM »

Sometimes I think Frederik resents QMII for not abdicating like Queen Bee, King Albert, and King JC.
Those abdications allowed Fred's contemporaries, W-A, Philippe, and Felipe to come into Phase III of their royal existences.

Phase I - born and raised as royals
Phase II - marry and birth royals
Phase III - become King/Queen

I also think that Mary possibly persist and insist since before May 14, 2004 that they were going to be the fairest, grandest, most royal of all royals.
That has got to take it's toll on Frederik's weak mind.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: January 14, 2017, 05:54:18 PM »

Fred can't even handle the crown prince job. I can't imagine he wants to be in the top job anytime soon unless he wants the freedom to get rid of the millstone around his neck.  Secret
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: January 14, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »

The idea of Mary standing on the balcony for an announcement like that is really too horrible to think about. Not least because she is clearly looking forward to it.  Thumb down

At the very least, we'll be quite amused at her psychopathic attempts to pretend to be saddened over the loss of her mother in law.  Pretty sure that wasn't taught at Starmakers.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: January 14, 2017, 06:50:30 PM »

IIRC, Margrethe was standing on the balcony for the proclamation anlone. Henrik was in the room but not on the balcony. Once she was done, he came out. If they follow tradition, Fred will be first alone making the proclamation, and once done Yrma will be able to join him to give a short wave and then to disappear inside.

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: January 14, 2017, 07:31:33 PM »

Thank you Harley and PeDe for the very interesting info!  Thumb up

Some photos:

Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: January 14, 2017, 08:59:55 PM »

There was a proclamation from the balcony by the prime minister. Next to him was Margrethe in her mourning clothes.

The prime minister said:

"King Frederik the 9th is dead. Long live her majesty Queen Margrethe the 2nd".

This was repeated three times. And then, even though there was 9 hurras for the new queen, it really was a day of mourning.

Also on the balcony, Margrethe gives a short speech.

"My beloved father, our king, has died and a great sorrow has hit us all (sorry, this is poorly translated). The deed, which for almost 25 years belonged to my father, has now been put upon my shoulders and I pray for God to help me and give me strength to carry the heavy legacy."

The she ends it by saying her motto: "God's help, the love of the people, Denmark's strength."

And that's it.

Thanks Harley.  Star

Was Prince Henri, her consort, standing with her? Or was she alone?

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: January 14, 2017, 09:01:48 PM »

IIRC, Margrethe was standing on the balcony for the proclamation anlone. Henrik was in the room but not on the balcony. Once she was done, he came out. If they follow tradition, Fred will be first alone making the proclamation, and once done Yrma will be able to join him to give a short wave and then to disappear inside.

Star

Thanks PeDe, didn't realize you had answered! So Mary will be tucked away. Poor honey chile.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: January 14, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »

Star

Thanks PeDe, didn't realize you had answered! So Mary will be tucked away. Poor honey chile.

you're welcome  Hug Star well...she might be initially, but she'll come out and wave with her beloved husband.

Tell you what though, I guarantee that she'll try to modernize whatever they will do. And rag-mags will write how lucky Denmark is to have a QUEEN that is able to combine tradition and modern times.

Her PR is pretty clever at the moment, having BilledBladet and other media outlest - like paid blogs, and forums - to write for years now that she'll be QUEEN, when in fact her title will be QUEEN CONSORT.

It would have been TOTALLY appropriate to make her PRINCESS CONSORT, like Henrik was (and I know about the whole regnant Queen/King shebang).

I would have done that right at her marriage to Fred. Booom, here you go, no questions later.

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: January 15, 2017, 08:50:31 AM »

Yes it will be so thoroughly modern when a helicopter style wave sends the new King plunging off the balcony.

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: January 15, 2017, 08:54:49 AM »

Yes it will be so thoroughly modern when a helicopter style wave sends the new King plunging off the balcony.

Laugh bounce Star

Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: January 15, 2017, 12:21:36 PM »

The idea of Mary standing on the balcony for an announcement like that is really too horrible to think about. Not least because she is clearly looking forward to it.  Thumb down

At the very least, we'll be quite amused at her psychopathic attempts to pretend to be saddened over the loss of her mother in law.  Pretty sure that wasn't taught at Starmakers.

Oh yeah, this is what I am looking forward to, and the reason for the post Smiley

And I fully agree that she will try to "modernize" and want to be on the balcony at the same time as Fred etc. Margrethe could have years left, at which point the older children could easily be of the age to overshadow Mary on the balcony too. Who wants to look at her old mug when Prince X, the heir after Fred, is of age and now learning how to prince? The title ought to be interesting too - any chance QM can dictate that from the grave? Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: