Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie - INTERVIEWS  (Read 20182 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2014, 08:04:53 PM »

May 19, 2010
Interview with Princess Mary in a Danish magazine
Princess Marie gave an interview to the Danish magazine "Femina".

F: Your Highness, it is not difficult to lose his anonymity?
M: It's not easy to be exposed overnight and become one in which many people have an opinion. But I feel fortunate that it happened in Denmark. In other countries you are much more exposed when you are famous or member of a royal family.

F: How much free time can you give to yourself?
M: Time is a luxury. We are very busy with Schackenborg not just our home but also a farm. Luckily my husband and I are working together.

F: What did you like at Prince Joachim?
M: (laughing) Do not be afraid I will not say "all" but almost! his kindness and patience. I took a long time to know if I was going to move to Denmark and he was so patient. It is also very stubborn.

F: So it is thanks to his patience and his stubbornness he persuaded you to come and live in Denmark and marry?
M: Yes, he never gives up! Just the kind of man I was looking for.

F: What were the models with which you grew up?
M: My grandmother. Besides being my grandmother, she is also my best friend.

F: What does it say when you told him that you met a prince?
M: Now that's a good question (laughs). My family always wanted me to be happy first. And that's what my grandmother wanted too. When she spent time with Joachim, she immediately thought that I had made the right choice. My husband was also very intelligent. When he wanted to marry me, he first asked for my hand to my grandmother, even before asking my parents. The fact that he did this, made ​​me love him more.

F: When you said yes to Joachim, you also said yes to a completely different life. Were you nervous?
M: Yes, I was very nervous at the thought of Joachim and disappoint others. But I learned a lot from my beautiful sister-in-law Princess Mary, who told me: "Do not worry, everything will fall into place over time." And it's true! Though Princess Mary is very busy, she was always there to help me and support me in this new life.

F: When do you feel more like a princess and when you feel you most like Marie?
M: Honestly? I always feel like Marie. My life has changed but I'm still the same inside me.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 08:05:25 PM »

December 31, 2011
Interview with Princess Marie at Jyllands Posten
Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten published an interview with Princess Marie, where she talks about her life at Schackenborg and her work.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 08:06:03 PM »

January 31, 2013
Interview with Princess Marie and Prince Henrik
The french magazine "Point de vue" published an interview with Princess Marie and Prince Henrik.

The beautiful octagonal square of Amalienborg, the changing of the guard will soon take place. A thin layer of snow accentuates the architectural purity of this gem. At its center XVIII the equestrian statue of King Frederik V. Up the stairs of the palace honours Christian IX., winter residence of the royal couple and one of four identical houses facing each other. We are first greeted by a wirehaired dachshund with a necklace that is decorated with golden crowns. Prince Henrik appeared moments later, accompied by luminous Princess Marie. This game of questions and answers, rites, a charming affinity between father-in-law and daughter-in-law.

Your Highness, did you make any good resolutions in the beginning of year?
H: like many people after the holidays, I decided to lose a few pounds, especially the little belly. I was thin and now it surrounds my life for ten years ... a little less!

What will you give up to achieve this goal??
H: It seems that I must give up the bread, potatos, rice and wine! Which is a lot.
M: And the sauces?

H: Fortunately with age, I became almost a vegetarian so the sausec do not fail me. I just understand this advantage I can live off vegetables and fish. However the wine will be more difficult, especially as I produce my own. What will the fans think, if I do not drink  even my wine? It will at least have to taste it ....
M: Anyway, if you put water in it, it is very reasonable.

Did you baptize your wine?
H: I learned of the court of France in the thirteenth century, the rulers put water in their wine. I am a bit more hesitant.

And you, Madam, what would your good resolutions be?
M: Have more time for me .... Also, do a litt bit more sports. Honestly, for four years, between the children and the new life that we've built, I just made ​​a cross knew my hobbies.
H: Hobby! Hobby! We must defend the French language.
M: I'm sorry! You're right ... since I met my dear father in law, I give a lot more attention to the French language. I'm usually very vigilant because I fully share this commitment. We must be proud of our language. It's silly to pretend everyone speaks the Truffaut English words. Resolution 2013: to speak without Anglicism and defend the wealth of the French language so my father in law is proud of me!
H: But I already am  ...

Prior to your New Year's resolve to give up food, have you had any litte sins?
M: Everything! I am very food-loving ...

And you Your Highness, what makes you give in to temptation?
H: my whole life is temptation! This does not sit well with my resolutions for 2013. But if we forget the food, I admit my weakness is in search of sun and heat. I do not like the cold.
M: You are evil fallen!
H: At this point only

Do you have any projects that you take to heart this year?
H: I am always full of projects. I have realized in my life that I have had half of all those, but it is already not bad. Today, I continue to have many activities, but as my dear daughter in law, I would like to have more time for me to devote myself to my grandchildren. I have henceforth eight.
M: My father in law wants to actually see them sometimes without their parents! To have a genuine and personal relationship with them.
H: and it is not easy for the queen and myself as some grandchildren are very occupied. The median generation, which is the strength of the age, still has more work!
M: We are fortunate to have extraordinary missions and be able to make a difference in our position - what privilege! I keep my humanitarian work deeply to heart. I returned from Cambodia, for example, for a Danish association (note: she turns to Prince Henrik) I am obliged to say the English name, even it does not please me, .. it is DanChurchAid with whom we have been seeing people who are the most disadvantaged. It is not just poverty, it is misery. When you meet these people, everything is put into perspective. It is impossble to not feel for them if you have a heart. One can only wish to continue, wanting to put this force to help.

Since you both are double cultured Danish-French, could you tell us what you found most seductive in Denmark?
H: The frankness and spontaneity are major qualities of Danish. Another quality conformity, which allows a better understanding of the group, but originals and eccentrics are not very well liked.
M: I think it is a quality, they are happy people, very humble, very pleasant to live with. In this country, things are going well and people very rarely complain.
H: This is very true. On this point, they are the opposite of French who constantly denigrate their country, their system, their products. It shocks me when I'm in France. Denmark is quite opposite: Everything is wonderful Danish. This is fromidable.
M: The only weak point of this enthusiasm is that sometimes questions arise whether to move forward. But this is a great quality of being satisfied. BTW, recent poll showed that, on a declarative, Danes are the happiest people in the world.

What did you learn from the Danish?
M: A more positive way of thinking. But that said, I love my country and its many qualities. Even when I became Danish, France is my country, my roots, my heart. I have a huge admiration for the French.

You both waived your nationality out of love, you understand the polemics surrounding the actor Gerard Depardieu who renounces his nationalty for other reasons?
H: I consider the departure of Gerard Depardieu as a warning to be understood. Whenever the government, regardless of the country, does not support its own citizens, the threshold becomes unacceptable. Who is at fault? The citizen who finds it unfair that the state levies more than 80% of his/her revenues, or that the state does not stop at a just limit? There must be a complex balance.
M: For me, renounce my nationality from birth was difficult, I admit. It was a big step, in the case of my father in law and mine, it came quite natural. Many countries can have two nationalities, but in our position, it was obviously not possbile. Denmark is my main country, I am very proud. As for Gerard Depardieu, I can not say that ....

A difficult duty that you are forced to observe you he ways sometimes?
M: It is a natural tendency to want to be as honest as possible, to say everything you think. But a reserve sometimes is necessary, you learn to live with and control your impulses. We can say what we think about our husband, our children. It is not necessary to share our opinions with everyone.
H: The reserve is a universal wisdom. Limitations are never a bad idea.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 08:06:54 PM »

December 2, 2013
İnterview with Prince Joachim and Princess Marie
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie gave an interview to  the Belgian television show Place Royale at Schackenborg castle.

we never saw the interview or excerpts of it - unfortunatelly  Angry

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 08:07:27 PM »

September 27, 2013
Princess Marie of Denmark interview at Himawari Hotel Apartments, Thailand

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 08:08:16 PM »

October 1, 2014
Exclusive Interview with Princess Marie
Her dreams, challenges and life as a princess

Excerpts from Costume no. 151 - Interview with Princess Marie

Marie on step-family: It is not always easy.

When Princess Marie married Joachim, she also got two little princes in the bargain. But the role of stepmother is not so foreign to Marie as she grew upas a child of divorce.

If there is anyone who has experienced divorces in life, it's Princess Marie.

- One of the biggest challenges in my life was to take care of myself at a very young age. I was only 11 years old when my parents divorced and I moved to Switzerland with my mother. When I was 13 years old, I was sent to boarding school and lived there for four years. At 17 I decided to go to the United States alone, says Princess Marie to the magazine Costume, in this week's great interview with her.

The princess - like his own children - grew up in a large family due to parental divorce. She has four half-brothers, but they have been scattered to the winds, as siblings so often are in broken families.

- The divorce hit me really hard, so it was actually better to get away and be at the boarding school. When you learn to fend for yourself at a young age, you are stronger and more independent, but I think perhaps that I was confronted with the reality of early and maybe I lost confidence in the institution of a  family, says Princess Marie to Costume.

As fate would have it, Marie had to marry into a family where there were already children. She is - besides being the mother of Prince Henry and Princess Athena - also bonusmor = stepmother of Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix.

- They are the most amazing boy and the great role models of Prince Henry and Princess Athena, she says.

She makes much of being a good bonusmor because she knows that it is often not a trivial experience of being in a divorce family. She recognizes that from their own childhood.

- It was not always easy, says the princess, who wants to raise her children into self-sufficient and independent individuals and give them lots of love.

... "Oh, my grandmother," exclaims the Princess and lights up when she is asked about the women who inspire her. "She is the most amazing woman in the world, my best friend and my role model.

She is so strong and positive. She's such a good person!" Princess Marie speaks often - and for all, about her 96-year-old grandmother, Odile de Sairignť.

The two have a special bond and there are similarities, besides the name Odile. The positive mind, the warm personality, her empathic abilities and a fighter gene.

Properties that regularly shine through in the conversation with the Princess. "Although my grandmother has had its share of sad experiences, she gives never quit. It inspires me."

periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 08:21:25 PM »

Wow thanks for these articles and the translations. That's a lot of work, much appreciated. It's nice to have these in one place. Marie seems delightful and grounded.  Star
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 08:21:43 PM »

Thanks for the PDV interview.

M. Resolution 2013: to speak without Anglicism and defend the wealth of the French language so my father in law is proud of me!
H: But I already am ...
He really,really likes her Smiley
They have a good vibe between them, a mutual respect and liking. Thumb up

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 01:54:40 AM »

Wow thanks for these articles and the translations. That's a lot of work, much appreciated. It's nice to have these in one place. Marie seems delightful and grounded.  Star

Thanks so much PeDe! Wow just wow re the Henrik and Marie article. Um PR subtext: Henrik loves Marie; they share their heritage and values; they don't like "interloping English" (what could THAT be code for! )

And what a CONTRAST with "l'autre"!

By the way - has Marie's family ever done "official engagements" and been photographed for the press? No? Thought not!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 01:57:09 AM »

you are most welcome, ladies  Thumb up

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 10:28:33 AM »

Star PeDe

Marie spent 4 years at Beau Soleil? Wow. That must have cost her parents a fortune. 

Is it true that Henrik and Marie's father knew each other for a long time before Joachim and Marie met? I've read that on MBs and in some magazine articles but I as just wondering if that is in fact the case.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 12:57:07 AM »

http://www.hellomagazine....-prince-joachim-soulmate/

Princess Marie of Denmark paid tribute to her husband Prince Joachim in a recent interview, calling him her "soulmate".

Speaking to Costume magazine, the France-born princess spoke candidly about her family life, saying that her husband of six years makes her laugh all the time and that they are still as in love as the day they met.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 02:45:40 AM »

here is a bit more  Wink

Meeting Joachim
"I was already well into my career, and did not at all think of a husband or children, but he was, and is, amazing. He has that Danish way of being Ė very discreet and a bit humble. It is charming, but he also has a bit of the French culture in himself, so we could speak perfect French together when we met"

First impression of Denmark
"One of the big differences I noticed was that everybody biked around with their children. It was nice, and not something I had seen before Ė at least not in France. I could also notice at the same time that here they appreciated a good balance between work life and family life. It is a strength, and I think it makes Denmark something quite special.Ē

Marie's bonus-children
"They are the most amazing boys and great role models for Prince Henrik and Princess Athena. I donít mind telling you, that I have been exceptionally lucky with my bonus children".

Raising children
"I agree with my husband's philosophy, but I am a bit softer. My husband is the stern one, I give in quickly. I am terrible. But when it comes to them managing on their own, I am firm. Because my children are going to do things themselves. They are going to use their own resources, they are going to have to think more and not get their parents to do this and that. They are going to learn to be independent. It is quite important in todayís world. Sometimes when they ask me about something, I say: Try to think about it a bit more, donít ask me straight away. Then they use their minds, and it is adorable to watch. They can do it.Ē

Marie's current role
" I wasnít ready for the attention, and I didnít want it back then. You never quite get used to the attention, but I feel like I have got to know Denmark and the Danes, and it is an amazing country to be in when you are a public person, because people give you space. I am respected and I never feel disturbed.
Love conquers all, but I do miss my anonymity and walking around without make-up and having messy hair. I donít do that a lot any more. But I am quite relaxed, although not quite as much as I was before. So I do miss the freedom, I do, but I have that whenever I am in France, New York or somewhere else abroad where people donít recognise me. I am still the same Marie as I used to be.

Danish fashion
"I love Danish fashion and am very proud that the Danish fashion industry is doing so well. I am very inspired by the Danish fashion and think the style suits the culture. In France things are a bit more stiff. I have my own style and mix the Danish with the French. In Denmark the style is relaxed and suits the fact that you bike a lot. It is trendy, but practical. I really like being relaxed and am not the type who wears a suit every day. Iím more a jeans and t-shirt person. Practical, but cool.

Patronages
"There is a lot of backstage work. The way we work is much more than merely cutting ribbons. I am very engaged in my protectorates and in causes where people have dedicated their lives to make a difference for others. As I have traveled with Dan Church Aid, which have as their focus to fight hunger in the world, it is amazing to meet local people who risk their lives every day for the cause. It has a huge influence on my everyday life. I see life differently. You really get engaged and influenced, but at the same time inspired by the people who you meet in the work.

Marie's inspiration
My grandmother. She is the most amazing woman in the world, my best friend and my role model. She is so strong and positive. She is such a good human being. Even though my grandmother has had her share of bad experiences, she has never given up. I am inspired by that.

13 Quick Question's for Marie

Princess Marie is this month's cover model of Costume and we have asked her 13 quick questions. Read here when she laughs laudly, and what amazed her most

In Costumes November issue you can read a great interview with HRH Princess Marie. Here she tells us, among other things, the challenges of life as a princess, and how she can miss the anonymity and just go without makeup and having messy hair. Read the interview in Costume 151, which is on the street until 5 November and get a sneak peak here on Costume.dk where we have asked Princess Marie 13 quick questions.

The first thing I think of when I get up is ... "kiss my children."

It makes me happy ... "when people around me are happy."

I laugh like crazy when ... "oh, there are SO many times, I laugh. I just laughed with my husband, but when my girl, Athena, repeat something I said, it's really fun. "

HRH Prince Joachim is ... "my soulmate."

I feel very comfortable in the best ... "jeans and T-shirt."

I always tell myself ... "you never say never."

My children are ... "my absolute pride."

I can not sit still when I listen to ... "Alors on dance by Stromae."

I could have dug myself down because ... "I held my first Danish speech."

It makes me sad ... "when people do not understand each other."

It amazes me that ... "people bother to read, see and hear."

The Danes are ... "happy."

I dream ... "as everyone else. About the Prince."

Lady Jane

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 04:16:59 AM »

Love the ease and sweetness of the "13 Questions" portion of this interview. Can we imagine Mary's replies to same? First thought on waking... Where's the black AmEx?
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 04:27:10 AM »

Mary's reply:

The first thing I think of when I get up is ... "The black AMEX."

It makes me happy ... "The black AMEX."

I laugh like crazy when ... "I use the black AMEX."

HRH Crown Prince Frederik is ... "The black AMEX."

I feel very comfortable in the best ... "Spending with the black AMEX."

I always tell myself ... "Keep you friends close and the black AMEX closer"

My children are ... "The black AMEX."

I can not sit still when I listen to ... "Diamonds are a girl best friend."

I could have dug myself down because ... "I lost the black AMEX."

It makes me sad ... "when I don't have the black AMEX."

It amazes me that ... "The black AMEX never ending limit"

The Danes are ... "The black AMEX."

I dream ... "as every gold digger: about the black AMEX."

BOT: Thanks PeDe!! I'm really liking Marie these days, she appears to be so genuine and down-to-earth. I really liked the interview Wink

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: