Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morocco Royal Jewelry  (Read 33995 times)
La Reina

Mini Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 11:54:23 AM »

@editorathome - unlike many European royal houses the details of the jewellery of the Moroccan royal house is unknown.
 here in India women love gold and jewells, emeralds, rubys and pearls are most popular stones (people dont wear sapphires in India).
 So my personal guesstimate from my knowledge of emeralds is that Salma's emerald earrings are around 50 carats of emerald on each ear-
-plus or minus ten carats.

How intriguing. Why no sapphires?  Thinking

LS by sapphires i mean the blue colour ones specifically the other colours are worn by people

in India Blue Sapphires are believed to bring bad luck, misfortune and death(untimely) to anyone who own them or wears them
my mom when ever she sees princess Diana in the news always says ' poor thing, she wore too many sapphires' (neelam as they are called here)
my mom basically thinks that the blue sapphires caused all of Dianas problems and caused all the bad stuff to happen to her  Crazy

if you go to jewellery shops in india you'll hardly see any blue sapphires but the other stones will be there. I have never seen anyone in my social circle wearing sapphire jewellery but they wear other stones like diamonds,emeralds ruby pearls etc. Same way if you look at pics of bollywood actresses they never wear blue sapphire jewellery even on the red carpet where the jewels are borrowed but they wear other stones.
( the only bollywood actress who i have seen wearing blue sapphire is Aishwarya Rai but she used to wear it on her middle finger which is astrologically appropriate and she wore it for a short period of time, she no longer wears it)

LS i urge you to google IIJW- India  International Jewellery Week. its like fashion week but with jewels and it takes place every year. the various jewellery designers/brands showcase their jewels on the ramp when you look at the pics you'll she lots of gold, diamonds pearls emeralds rubys but no blue sapphire jewellery on the ramp in all the years that iijw has been held  Grin (at least not that i have seen )
so not wearing blue sapphire is mostly a cultural thing you could say a superstitions belief here that it causes bad stuff to happen to its owners.  Wink
La Reina

Mini Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 12:02:54 PM »

i really like this belt    

turquoise choker, earrings  and belt

diamond drop earrings
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »

LS by sapphires i mean the blue colour ones specifically the other colours are worn by people

in India Blue Sapphires are believed to bring bad luck, misfortune and death(untimely) to anyone who own them or wears them
my mom when ever she sees princess Diana in the news always says ' poor thing, she wore too many sapphires' (neelam as they are called here)
my mom basically thinks that the blue sapphires caused all of Dianas problems and caused all the bad stuff to happen to her  Crazy

if you go to jewellery shops in india you'll hardly see any blue sapphires but the other stones will be there. I have never seen anyone in my social circle wearing sapphire jewellery but they wear other stones like diamonds,emeralds ruby pearls etc. Same way if you look at pics of bollywood actresses they never wear blue sapphire jewellery even on the red carpet where the jewels are borrowed but they wear other stones.
( the only bollywood actress who i have seen wearing blue sapphire is Aishwarya Rai but she used to wear it on her middle finger which is astrologically appropriate and she wore it for a short period of time, she no longer wears it)

LS i urge you to google IIJW- India  International Jewellery Week. its like fashion week but with jewels and it takes place every year. the various jewellery designers/brands showcase their jewels on the ramp when you look at the pics you'll she lots of gold, diamonds pearls emeralds rubys but no blue sapphire jewellery on the ramp in all the years that iijw has been held  Grin (at least not that i have seen )
so not wearing blue sapphire is mostly a cultural thing you could say a superstitions belief here that it causes bad stuff to happen to its owners.  Wink

this is very intersting and impressive thanks for the informations La Reina Star

Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 03:52:57 PM »

turquoise choker, earrings  and belt

i like big Earring and those Turquoise Earrings are quite nice but it's tooooo much with choker Bracelet and belt imo.

Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »

Necklace wearing here Lalla Oulaia by isnt the same in pic above? Thinking

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »

@editorathome - unlike many European royal houses the details of the jewellery of the Moroccan royal house is unknown.
 here in India women love gold and jewells, emeralds, rubys and pearls are most popular stones (people dont wear sapphires in India).
 So my personal guesstimate from my knowledge of emeralds is that Salma's emerald earrings are around 50 carats of emerald on each ear-
-plus or minus ten carats.

How intriguing. Why no sapphires?  Thinking

Star

interesting. I have a lot of Indian friends and I've never noticed/heard that before. Big fan of sapphires here. Smiley

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
La Reina

Mini Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 03:40:29 PM »

Rita is Lalla Oulaia related to Meryem in any way ? she resembles Meryem a lot when Meryem was young

Little Star may you have good luck only  Wink
it is possible your Indian friends simply don't believe in it, it is a superstition after all  Cool
or they themselves have never heard of it especially if they have lived out of India for many generations or if they are very westernized.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 03:48:16 PM by La Reina » Logged
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 03:42:11 PM »

diamond drop earrings

Wowww... look at those stones 

Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 10:20:48 PM »

diamond drop earrings

those are her favourite earrings she wore them very often,it's beaitiful indeed.

Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 10:25:32 PM »

Rita is Lalla Oulaia related to Meryem in any way ? she resembles Meryem a lot when Meryem was young

her niece La Reina,Lalla Oulaia is Lalla Hasna daughter,so my guess that's Lalla Meryem borrow that necklaceto Lalla Oulaia as it hers.

La Reina

Mini Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2014, 10:57:26 AM »

diamond drop earrings

those are her favourite earrings she wore them very often,it's beaitiful indeed.

i love this earring as well  the stones are good size and very beautiful

@Rita thanks for the info  Star maybe Oulaia inherited her looks from her grandmother  Thinking

i  like the turquoise earrings and choker but i dont like the belt and bracelet
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 08:26:56 PM »

@Rita thanks for the info  Star maybe Oulaia inherited her looks from her grandmother  Thinking.  

maybe...it said her grandmother Lalla Latifa is a beauty but we cant verify as there is no pic of her Wink
you're welcome La Reina,i am happy to say you made this thread exciting Hug

Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 08:46:59 PM »

Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2015, 04:44:56 PM »

Lalla Meyem like that set alot,she useed it several time.
I like Lalla Oum Kelthoum Earrings

(pic borrowed from loubna  Star)

La Reina

Mini Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2015, 03:01:36 PM »

^ i love Meryems ruby necklace and earring. i can't understand Salma's necklace at all Crazy

close up of Oum Khaltoum wedding earring

earring during visit of ivory coast President

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: