Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royals of Interest  (Read 1895 times)
dlisted

Mini Member

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2014, 09:23:05 PM »

In a nutshell, I would like to read your opinions on the current royal ladies of interest. Not really trying to start a discussion here, but rather for collecting a quick rundown on your views.

CHARLENE:
4 words: unhappy, shy, lost, modified
Handling her job:  Not a truper. I don't think she cares much about anything else but swimming.
Style: Who ever helps her with her clothes choices does a good job. They are well fitted, flatter her figure and establish a signature look.
As a mother: She will thrive in her role as a mother I think.
Marriage: The love was gone long before the wedding. 

KATE:
4 words: dependent, frail, endeavoured, insecure
Handling her job: Handling the attention that marring into the BRF creates, can only be difficult. She does a well enough job for me. I'm hoping for the self-esteem to grow.
Style: Miss her pre engagement style. She dresses very uptight these days, not young at all.
As a mother: Is yet to be seen. Her genes seem to be a blessing for the Windsor family though.
Marriage: Happened more out of lack on alternatives than on love - on both sides.

LETIZIA:
4 words: royal, educated, present, loving
Handling her job: She knows her role as queen consort, towards the spanish people and as a mother and a wife.
Style: Well fitted, appropriate and stylish. If only for the worries about her health, I'd wish she'd put on more weight.
As a mother: Where as I'm sure she is fully dedicated to her job, there is no doubt her children come first.
Marriage: L.O.V.E. I'm happy they picked up the pda's again. Only proves that, apart from love that can rise and decline along the way, they always do bear the greatest respect for each other.

MADELEINE:
4 words: narcissistic, materialized, impeccable, tolerable (to use Mr. Darcy's words on looks)
Handling her job: In her journal her job description is probably drafted out like this: Educate myself, find well situated husband, have babies, live upper class life. Don't work too much and always look pretty. ...I'll say, she is handling it well.
Style: She is not starving herself into size 0, which I find refreshingly positive for royal circles. Her style is, apart from trendy, not very defined.
As a mother: Loving and devoted.
Marriage: Her marriage to Chris matured her over night. If I had to like her, it's only because of Chris.

MARY:
4 words: clothes-whoring, attention-seeking, insincere, ignorant
Handling her job: Not well. She lives for the tabloids only.
Style: She has got a great wardrobe, however combines pieces badly and alterations are done insufficient, if at all.
As a mother: She had children to secure her position at the DRF. Neither love nore setting boundaries are part of her contributions in raising them.
Marriage: It is rotten underneath. Fred is sick and not up for the job as king. 

VICTORIA:
4 words: dutiful, devoted, prepared, indigenous
Handling her job: Professional and devoted. It is a joy to see her "on the job" and also interacting with other royals who obviously think a lot of her.
Style: Like a rollercoaster. Elegant and fitting pre wedding style, horrific maternity style, wired love for ankle boots, extraordinary gala gowns and accessories.
As a mother: Exemplary parenting of a happy, lively and well behaved royal child.
Marriage: I was not a big believer in the marriage, it seemed nothing more but the logic move after 10+ years of dating/courtship. I was proved wrong.
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 06:49:26 PM »

I agree with you on most of your points, dlisted.  I would say Charlene handles her job okay for somebody who doesn't give a toss about Monaco or Albert.  I would also say that Mary handles her job much better than her husband handles his. 

Did you purposefully omit Mette Marit?

I'll say 4 words: too blonde and selfish
Handling her job: job?
Style: what style?
As a mother: I actually think she does a decent job as a mom, at least it looks like that in pictures
Marriage: hmmmm...not sure.  Rumors would say thumbs down.  I'll reserve judgment until the announcement comes.  Could be the mid-marriage slump?
dlisted

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »

You are right! I forgot MM... not on purpose though. Will add her later!  Tongue
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 09:04:47 PM »

Also Mathilde

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: