Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How will behave the Royal Princesses if they divorce ?  (Read 28596 times)
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2014, 04:59:47 AM »

Visibly, the ex Princesses, once divorced, accumulate debts, like Alexandra of Denmark or Sarah Ferguson : http://styleblazer.com/32...ities-who-lost-it-all/13/

I think that some of the Pricesses could become walking nightmares in term of money and spending, if they divorce their princes / lavish style of life. What do you think about Mary D. addicted to heavy shopping or Mette-Marrit, for ex ?

Personnaly I don't think Kate Middleton will be spending like crazy (she recycles a lot, and is not so obssessed with clothes, only her hair and boots  ) and she comes from a wealthy familly.

Je suis Charlie
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 06:54:07 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if every royal family has tripled checked and their iron clad documents after the Diana, Sarah, Alexandra divorces just in case.
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 02:17:30 AM »

The BRF made sure that Diana and Sarah lost their HRH styles when they divorced, that's for sure!

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Curtains

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 03:55:48 PM »

I think that some of the Pricesses could become walking nightmares in term of money and spending, if they divorce their princes / lavish style of life. What do you think about Mary D. addicted to heavy shopping or Mette-Marrit, for ex ?

Personally I don't think Kate Middleton will be spending like crazy (she recycles a lot, and is not so obssessed with clothes, only her hair and boots  ) and she comes from a wealthy familly.

I think Mary has been socking away "her" money while spending Denmark's on herself - plus pocketing the money from resale of her clothes.  I would bet she gets money from staging photos and releasing stories about herself as well.  It wouldn't surprise me if she has a hefty bank account - or more than one - ready.  This would be in addition to whatever allowance she would get as the divorced wife of the Crown Prince and mother of the heir.  However, I think the first few years on her own would be a shock as her allowance would be quickly spent then over-spent, and she'd have to dip into capital to cover it.

Mette-Marit is a grifter, and grifters always get by.  She'll plead poverty and hang around looking lumpy and forlorn but will end her life on the dole - albeit a princely one - just as she has all her life.

Kate Middleton will be fine - I bet Mommy has been making sure she's financially provided for and has been shrewdly investing for her.  Although she's no Sarah Ferguson, the BRF are certainly savvy to the consequences of immediate payouts of money and the precedent Sarah established of blowing it all then wheedling for more, selling herself and her ex.  (From what I hear, more than once, Sarah quite literally sold her own person to certain wealthy men who were looking to put a former Royal Duchess in their 'tapped that' list.)

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 05:54:42 PM »

Princess Firyal of Jordan is one ex-wife who did quite well for herself after her divorce.  She stayed on all the high society guest lists and continued to dress in haute couture.  She seems to have been a respectable lady-who-lunches, which isn't all that bad.  The first ex-wife of the current Aga Khan has also been successful in her divorce.  She is active in her charities yet modest in her lifestyle.

Of course, these two ladies were also most active pre-internet and pre-cult-of-celebrity.
BadGuy
Banned
Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 05:59:52 PM »

The BRF made sure that Diana and Sarah lost their HRH styles when they divorced, that's for sure!

But Sarah did not get a settlement like Diana's.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 06:16:09 PM »

I think Mary has been socking away "her" money while spending Denmark's on herself - plus pocketing the money from resale of her clothes.  I would bet she gets money from staging photos and releasing stories about herself as well.  It wouldn't surprise me if she has a hefty bank account - or more than one - ready.  This would be in addition to whatever allowance she would get as the divorced wife of the Crown Prince and mother of the heir.  However, I think the first few years on her own would be a shock as her allowance would be quickly spent then over-spent, and she'd have to dip into capital to cover it.

Mette-Marit is a grifter, and grifters always get by.  She'll plead poverty and hang around looking lumpy and forlorn but will end her life on the dole - albeit a princely one - just as she has all her life.

Good post Star  (I esp. love calling MM a "grifter"---Spot On!
BadGuy
Banned
Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 06:27:50 PM »

Id say MM would have no problem snagging another rich guy.
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 08:27:52 PM »

Princess Firyal of Jordan is one ex-wife who did quite well for herself after her divorce.  She stayed on all the high society guest lists and continued to dress in haute couture.  She seems to have been a respectable lady-who-lunches, which isn't all that bad.  The first ex-wife of the current Aga Khan has also been successful in her divorce.  She is active in her charities yet modest in her lifestyle.

Of course, these two ladies were also most active pre-internet and pre-cult-of-celebrity.
of course she did,she find herself a Billionaire boyfriend to cover her bills and keep her in the high society rank Roll Eyes

Princess Ameerah seems to get out of her marriage with Al-Walid ben Talal with alot of benefits: a tiltle,alooot of money and of corse a connection very good connection.

Jonathan

Huge Member

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 08:51:49 PM »

That's standard. The title came with the marriage. It wasn't theirs by right.

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 09:00:32 PM »

Not sure you can compare the arabian royals with the european. They just have money to burn. The europeans IMO enjoy most of their luxuries due to tax free income and purchases. The amount of money Mary has to spend isn't even comparable to those of the real billionaire wives, and so after divorce with all those entitlements gone and rent to pay (or housing to pay for) plus the rather expensive staff (compared to the low income servants in out-of-europe countries) won't leave that much to spend on holidays and clothes.
On the other hand, none of them really moves in the Haute-Couture circles and at least Mary and Kate only dress for the photographers, so common sense would tell you that you can down grade your vast wardrobe..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 10:24:55 PM »

Really? I have horses that have a smaller girth (assuming she's not PG).
divinemiss

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 10:42:05 PM »

She's not royal but I'd say most "married-ins" would do well to read all about Mrs O if looking for inspiration in that department. IMO
BadGuy
Banned
Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 12:42:10 AM »

Really? I have horses that have a smaller girth (assuming she's not PG).

well she didn't look any better when she snagged Haakon, its not her looks, more her "charms" Spiteful
BadGuy
Banned
Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 12:43:26 AM »

That's standard. The title came with the marriage. It wasn't theirs by right.
Agreed, Jonathon,  Star but there seems to be a lot of "princesses" and "queens", who forget why they have titles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: