Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How will behave the Royal Princesses if they divorce ?  (Read 28171 times)
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 12:45:15 AM »

She's not royal but I'd say most "married-ins" would do well to read all about Mrs O if looking for inspiration in that department. IMO

She did marry into the American equivalent of the Windsors though.

I think all the "married-ins" (even the men) probably wake up, look over to their spouse and think "Another day....yipee!"

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
BadGuy
Banned
Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 12:51:13 AM »

She's not royal but I'd say most "married-ins" would do well to read all about Mrs O if looking for inspiration in that department. IMO

She did marry into the American equivalent of the Windsors though.

I think all the "married-ins" (even the men) probably wake up, look over to their spouse and think "Another day....yipee!"

Mrs O was well able to go, certainly. She managed to snag 3 rich men.
I'd say La Donaldson will do the same, when she is thrown out.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:02:01 AM by BadGuy » Logged
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 11:26:34 AM »

I think Mary has been socking away "her" money while spending Denmark's on herself - plus pocketing the money from resale of her clothes.  I would bet she gets money from staging photos and releasing stories about herself as well.  It wouldn't surprise me if she has a hefty bank account - or more than one - ready.  This would be in addition to whatever allowance she would get as the divorced wife of the Crown Prince and mother of the heir.  However, I think the first few years on her own would be a shock as her allowance would be quickly spent then over-spent, and she'd have to dip into capital to cover it.

I sincerely Mary doubt is saving anything because she seems to think she is set for life, can do what she wants and nobody will ever speak up.

I don't think she even has the self-awareness to even consider the possibility that she may not always be a royal. As far as she's concerned she's "in" and nothing will change that.

IMO.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 12:31:51 PM »

I think the only time Mary believed she might get divorced and lose her title and perks, she came up with the wonder twins not a bank account in Switzerland for her savings (she spends like crazy, I don't see her saving that much) IMO.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »

Doesn't she only get 10% of Derf's budget? That's just over $100K in US dollars. She's only made $1M over 10 years...there is no way she socked all that away.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 01:26:57 PM »

I don't think Mary's ever been responsible with money. Remember the unpaid debts she left when she went to Denmark, and it was not even guaranteed that Fred would marry her then. And all the times she's blown her budget since her marriage. There's no way she's managed to save. Nobody in the DRF seems to be able to save, all need the government and their rich friends to keep them in style and out of financial trouble.

babalux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »

I'm pretty sure everyone who gets kicked out of a RF will have withdrawal symptoms, no matter how much money they get and how much they disliked certain aspects of royalty. The chauffeurs, the assistants, all the ppl that take care of the small things, the privileges ... you get used to that.

MM getting a divorce would be very interesting to watch. For sure she would give lots of interviews and her trying to find herself post-NRF would be pure entertainment.  Icecream
Curtains

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 10:02:38 PM »

I think Mary has been socking away "her" money while spending Denmark's on herself - plus pocketing the money from resale of her clothes.  I would bet she gets money from staging photos and releasing stories about herself as well.  It wouldn't surprise me if she has a hefty bank account - or more than one - ready.  This would be in addition to whatever allowance she would get as the divorced wife of the Crown Prince and mother of the heir.  However, I think the first few years on her own would be a shock as her allowance would be quickly spent then over-spent, and she'd have to dip into capital to cover it.

I sincerely Mary doubt is saving anything because she seems to think she is set for life, can do what she wants and nobody will ever speak up.

I don't think she even has the self-awareness to even consider the possibility that she may not always be a royal. As far as she's concerned she's "in" and nothing will change that.

IMO.

Would be fun to see which of us is right, my darlin'!   Beer Hug

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 12:07:40 AM »

I'm pretty sure everyone who gets kicked out of a RF will have withdrawal symptoms, no matter how much money they get and how much they disliked certain aspects of royalty. The chauffeurs, the assistants, all the ppl that take care of the small things, the privileges ... you get used to that.

MM getting a divorce would be very interesting to watch. For sure she would give lots of interviews and her trying to find herself post-NRF would be pure entertainment.  Icecream

Which the born royals have had all their lives - can't blame them for being arrogant buffoon's!

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 07:27:05 AM »

The BRF made sure that Diana and Sarah lost their HRH styles when they divorced, that's for sure!

That's standard. The title came with the marriage. It wasn't theirs by right.

However the LPs weren't actually issued until after Diana's divorce. Sarah was still HRH for a number of months after her divorce as it wasn't until the LPs were issued that the idea that the HRH only came with the marriage and therefore would go with a divorce.

It was one of the conditions of Diana's divorce, in return for which she got the huge settlement.
honeybunny

Muted
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 07:37:55 AM »

Thing is, that the royals get so used to people covering for them that they simply cannot cope with the reality of having to budget and stay within bounds. I do think that royal divorces should have a time when they acclimatize the leaving royal with how the rest of the real world works. Start paring down the staff, assist them in finding realistic accommodations, and start getting them skills training to become self sufficient. I have no problems with an aristocratic title as long as they don't have the HRH and certainly, don't abuse their status as mother to royals. Thing is, that freebies do become addictive and certainly I believe that Alexandra had issues in adjusting and even Sarah Duchess of York had problems even while married.
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 08:17:07 AM »

Thing is, that the royals get so used to people covering for them that they simply cannot cope with the reality of having to budget and stay within bounds. I do think that royal divorces should have a time when they acclimatize the leaving royal with how the rest of the real world works. Start paring down the staff, assist them in finding realistic accommodations, and start getting them skills training to become self sufficient. I have no problems with an aristocratic title as long as they don't have the HRH and certainly, don't abuse their status as mother to royals. Thing is, that freebies do become addictive and certainly I believe that Alexandra had issues in adjusting and even Sarah Duchess of York had problems even while married.

The trouble with Sarah as Duchess of York was that Andy had little cash of his own at that time and she had champagne tastes on a beer budget.
honeybunny

Muted
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 10:22:38 AM »

Yeah.

Yet, Diana had her issues too, when she was divorced, but got mixed in a series of scandals that she had to learn to handle herself. She had to learn to face the fact that the courtiers were no longer going to protect her completely and she seemed to have problems facing up to her actions. I bet that if Mette or Mary divorced their husbands (or if it was the other way around) then they would have the same problems, no longer having the courtiers protect them. Mary might not have issues with that, but Mette would since she can't seem to control herself and she has a past she would like to forget.
Lurker

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 10:12:20 PM »

Who is Mrs. O? Jacqueline Onassis?
Jonathan

Huge Member

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2014, 10:01:26 PM »

Who is Mrs. O? Jacqueline Onassis?

Yes

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: