Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 104   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William & Kate's visit to New York  (Read 342675 times)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: December 12, 2014, 07:12:56 PM »

I am genuinely shocked that this was Kate's first visit to New York. I hope I don't sound like an ugly American because it's not that we're the greatest place in the world there are lots of places to go and enjoy but it is a little weird. New York City! Don't most rich people travel a lot? When I visited years ago I was in Bendel's and ran into several mother daughters from other countries. Really well dressed women on a shopping trip or with dad on his business. The Middletons only go to Mustique or Ibiza? She could have visited with school but didn't do that either, huh. She's a mystery that Kate. Just wanted William I guess.
Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: December 12, 2014, 07:25:08 PM »

I am genuinely shocked that this was Kate's first visit to New York. I hope I don't sound like an ugly American because it's not that we're the greatest place in the world there are lots of places to go and enjoy but it is a little weird. New York City! Don't most rich people travel a lot? When I visited years ago I was in Bendel's and ran into several mother daughters from other countries. Really well dressed women on a shopping trip or with dad on his business. The Middletons only go to Mustique or Ibiza? She could have visited with school but didn't do that either, huh. She's a mystery that Kate. Just wanted William I guess.

I've always found it odd, too. I'm an American and far from rich but I've managed to visit London (among other places in Europe). I actually had to fund these trips myself and work to get the money to do so!  Laugh bounce
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: December 12, 2014, 07:29:16 PM »

Congratulations on 500 posts Skirt Queen!!  Jumping  Laugh bounce
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1428 on: December 12, 2014, 07:35:02 PM »

This may need to be under a different topic, but what if the Midds laid out all of this money to take these trips to keep William intrigued/happy and with the costs of college/school for 3 kids on top of that and trying to maintain that posh lifestyle they just didn't have the spare cash for these kinds of trips.  If he did go in on buying their home, maybe it was sort of a repayment because they weren't flush enough to pull it off themselves.  

Also, there was no way Kate was going to separate herself from being more than a phone call away while she was trying to land him.  It would have given him far too many opportunities to meet someone else and dump her.  Just a thought.

I've always found it odd, too. I'm an American and far from rich but I've managed to visit London (among other places in Europe). I actually had to fund these trips myself and work to get the money to do so!  Laugh bounce

Yup, I've managed New York a couple of times, London and a few places in Germany and I am definitely not rolling in it.  But as I said above, maybe the funds just weren't there.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1429 on: December 12, 2014, 07:42:18 PM »

I guess I just thought the Middletons were pretty rich. They upgraded to this big house they're in now not all that long ago which must take quite a bit of money to maintain and pay taxes on. But then if William helped them buy that there goes them being independently wealthy. So maybe William foots the bill for the Caribbean trips? Who paid for Pippa and James' signet rings I mean really. But the British pound goes a lot farther in the US too. Maybe like you say they are not quite as liquid as they might appear.  Confused
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: December 12, 2014, 08:13:52 PM »

I guess I just thought the Middletons were pretty rich. They upgraded to this big house they're in now not all that long ago which must take quite a bit of money to maintain and pay taxes on. But then if William helped them buy that there goes them being independently wealthy. So maybe William foots the bill for the Caribbean trips? Who paid for Pippa and James' signet rings I mean really. But the British pound goes a lot farther in the US too. Maybe like you say they are not quite as liquid as they might appear.  Confused

Thumb up They used to stay in good ole uncle Gaz's place and that's about it until the association with willy started paying off. Also they used to holiday in this country with family until good ole uncle Gaz started bankrolling their 'project' (allegedly)  Wink

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
Lady Pancakes

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1431 on: December 12, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »

Apparently not even the horse was supposed to touch her. Both hand offers were rejected.And gracious she sure was little miss sunshine  Laughing

What a witch. Willy was actually happy and decent throughout the trip. Besides laughing at a memorial site and/or at her own name, she was utterly awful. Why did she force herself on this excursion again? Why did she and her family clingon to william? He may be a nightmare, but she is just as bad, if not worse.
Maybe she could've stayed home and had her toddler teach her how to clap.

I kinda like her hair here at the Met. Very Scarlet O'Hara style and she even has the same death stare.  Anyways Kate does look tense or upset in that gif. Like she had a fight or something previously... Maybe with William? That she looked sort of tense during the event and did not take PW's hand when arriving tells me something.

There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1432 on: December 13, 2014, 01:35:16 AM »

Kate couldn't leave the country for a fun vacation when she was young because Will might need her for a booty call.
Also, he might have realized he didn't need her and her family too survive-there's lots of "normal " families he could have hung out wilth
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: December 13, 2014, 02:34:11 AM »

what humors me are the "airs" she puts on.  LOL.  I sort of like that she missed out on some fun stuff in her 20s because she was so obsessed with William.  What an idiot!
chrys
Banned
Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1434 on: December 13, 2014, 04:19:26 AM »

Lady Pancakes:
[/quote]

I kinda like her hair here at the Met. Very Scarlet O'Hara style and she even has the same death stare.  Anyways Kate does look tense or upset in that gif. Like she had a fight or something previously... Maybe with William? That she looked sort of tense during the event and did not take PW's hand when arriving tells me something.

[/quote]

I thought of Scarlet O'Hara too.  It's not really appropriate somehow, though I couldn't immediately say why exactly.  Well, maybe that's not an ideal person for her to draw comparison too, all things considering.
Also, she ain't no Vivian Leigh.  Look at Kate's photo, above, then look at Vivian's.  Come to think of it, Kate ain't no Scarlet O'Hara.  To me, Scarlet is naff.  But she's lively.  
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1435 on: December 13, 2014, 04:48:33 AM »

That's a great gif of Anna giving her own assessment of Kate.  Star

Here's the video of Jon Stewart from last night on the Kate eye roll.http://thedailyshow.cc.co...47md/monarchy-in-the-u-s-

Very funny. Thanks for posting.  Star
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1436 on: December 13, 2014, 05:53:03 AM »

That's a great gif of Anna giving her own assessment of Kate.  Star

Here's the video of Jon Stewart from last night on the Kate eye roll.http://thedailyshow.cc.co...47md/monarchy-in-the-u-s-

Very funny. Thanks for posting.  Star

can't open the vidoe:-( it says its not there anymore  Cry

G Sad

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: December 13, 2014, 06:57:07 AM »

Can someone fill me in please, it's been so thrilling I can't stay awake following the 'whirlwind tour'   Snore

Has the woman who told Waity to wrap the presents been sued/fired/'disappeared' yet?

Did Waity give a speech?

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #1438 on: December 13, 2014, 07:01:40 AM »

Can someone fill me in please, it's been so thrilling I can't stay awake following the 'whirlwind tour'   Snore

Has the woman who told Waity to wrap the presents been sued/fired/'disappeared' yet?

Did Waity give a speech?

Waity says

bach

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1439 on: December 13, 2014, 07:09:20 AM »

^^that look! Is she getting ready to cut someone?

#FreeHarry
#HarryForKing
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 104   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: