Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William & Kate's visit to New York  (Read 342668 times)
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1530 on: December 14, 2014, 07:50:16 PM »

I sure hope Kannot managed to snag a sterling silver charm of NY State to put on her 'countries visited' bracelet. She could attach it next to the CA State charm. There you go. Both coasts visited, no reason to return. On to the next place she has never visited!

Pru, with all due respect, do you think she'd go for silver?  I should think she'd settle for nothing less than platinum!

Not platinum. I have seen 14 & 16 kt gold-plated and a few that were solid gold.
It's just that the silver ones are for sale everywhere & don't take much effort to obtain.
 Wink

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1531 on: December 14, 2014, 07:55:22 PM »

I sure hope Kannot managed to snag a sterling silver charm of NY State to put on her 'countries visited' bracelet. She could attach it next to the CA State charm. There you go. Both coasts visited, no reason to return. On to the next place she has never visited!

Pru, with all due respect, do you think she'd go for silver?  I should think she'd settle for nothing less than platinum!

Not platinum. I have seen 14 & 16 kt gold-plated and a few that were solid gold.
It's just that the silver ones are for sale everywhere & don't take much effort to obtain.
 Wink

LOL..............
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1532 on: December 14, 2014, 07:59:26 PM »

She's probably already adopted the good snob's opinion that there's nothing in between those states of worth anyway! No more US for Katie (good riddance).
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1533 on: December 14, 2014, 08:02:40 PM »

But is and has been for so long very very keen to go....hugely excited... Roll Eyes  She might want to take a moment to ask herself ......do they want me??? OMG whatever was I thinking in writing that..how dare I insinuate that the entire universe isn't waiting with bated breath for her to grace their country.... Swoon

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1534 on: December 14, 2014, 08:07:34 PM »

She's probably already adopted the good snob's opinion that there's nothing in between those states of worth anyway! No more US for Katie (good riddance).

Good...because that's where I live and we don't want her around...yes indeed...good riddance and I were a mean nasty little person I would complete that saying with to bad rubbish   Wink  but oh what the hell....to bad rubbish.....

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #1535 on: December 14, 2014, 08:46:17 PM »

I am genuinely shocked that this was Kate's first visit to New York. I hope I don't sound like an ugly American because it's not that we're the greatest place in the world there are lots of places to go and enjoy but it is a little weird. New York City! Don't most rich people travel a lot? When I visited years ago I was in Bendel's and ran into several mother daughters from other countries. Really well dressed women on a shopping trip or with dad on his business. The Middletons only go to Mustique or Ibiza? She could have visited with school but didn't do that either, huh. She's a mystery that Kate. Just wanted William I guess.

I've always found it odd, too. I'm an American and far from rich but I've managed to visit London (among other places in Europe). I actually had to fund these trips myself and work to get the money to do so!  Laugh bounce

Only 46% of Americans have passports, against 70% of british so more Brits travel I want to go to New York was going to but had to cancel because of my mother's illness.  So I don't see why it is so unsurprising that this was her first visit.

So what is this "statistic based on?
England has 56 million populous v. the United States @ 300 million? The U.S. is enormous compared to the size of England. Americans travel a great deal so can going from east coast to west coast mileage wise be comparable from hopping from England over to France? Which is @ 21 miles (4 kilometers). Heck my commute one way is 114 miles! Just wanted to establish what this statistic is based on as opposed to the impression of another smug sounding comment that Americans are mainly considered ignorant (along with several other rude suggestions)- which is what has been the general tone and consensus during the so-called "tour" by their supporters.
As an American no one person is better than another nor is one country better than another. All of our history/actions have plenty of proof we all have faults. I guess I am fed up with hearing such condescending smug remarks against Americans this past week- as if we are incapable of even bathing or dressing appropriately. The proof is in the footage/photos of the not-so dynamic duo.

p.s. Considering Waity is allegedly from a "wealthy" family and was bone-idle for @ a decade or so- one would imagine she would have included NYC as one of the places to visit prior to her freebie she got this past week complements of the taxpayers/donations.

eastcoast, Re the passport thing, I've spent some time in the US and it's true I'm afraid, they ARE pretty insular and really are not travellers in the same sense as Europeans or Australians. The distance thing isn't relevant - Australians are at the other end of the earth, with the same massive coast-to-coast distance,  and something like 90 per cent of Australians have passports! At least 80 per cent of adult Australians have travelled overseas, seriously. So it's more a matter of the US being a superpower and being able to manage without very much foreign interaction other than via the military! : ) It also has to do with disparity of income - US wealth is concentrated at the top, and the poor can't afford to travel overseas. Whereas in Australia, the minimum wage is $16 an hour and there are massive penalty rates - your wait staff will be paid $45 an hour of a Sunday. That means even the lowest-paid workers can afford to save up and travel to Bali or New Zealand on holiday. Add to all that the fact that Australia never had a war with its coloniser, Britain, so the trip home to the "mother country" is a rite of passage for many, many young Australians. The US equivalent has tended until fairly recently to be affluent offspring travelling to Paris or Rome ... Oh and I LOVE Americans and I wish I had a green card! I'd live there in a shot. Boston or Seattle ... or San Francisco ...
'

Oh Hes! Our loss you are not in USA

The truth will eventually be revealed!
ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1536 on: December 14, 2014, 10:16:21 PM »

I have relatives scattered throughout America from Philadelphia, New Jersey,
   Cleveland, Los Angeles, and Boston and they all say the same thing that the
   Royals are " boring " and people are just not interested. In fact, the only one that
   did create  excitement and put the BRF out there was William's mother years ago.
   William and Kate are dull and we all know that's a fact. Nothing will change
   there. Ever !!! 

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
nihonbutterfly

Muted
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1537 on: December 15, 2014, 07:21:43 AM »

MY final thoughts on this tour:
I think it was an OK visit. Not a lot of substance and not any real point to it but they did what was expected.
As for Kate, I think this is about the best we can ever expect, a nice smile, a pleasant wave and the occasional "action" shot, wrapping presents, accepting flowers, etc. I don't think she will ever be one of the really dynamic royals, like Princess Diana was or like Princess Anne, Prince Harry, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla.
Kate's job as made by William's controlling issues, is to stand and look nice in expensive clothes, birth a couple of heirs for the heir and follow along behind him.
We will rarely hear her speak and she won't ever take on any big issues or charities or anything that has the whiff of controversy or discord, such as Diana's work with AIDS patients and Harry's work with military veterans, Prince Charles's work with organic farming and the environment.
That being said, she's the perfect match for William, who's not particularly dynamic or exciting himself.
The only problem with that is that the British royal family, to continue to be relevant and worth supporting by the British taxpayer, have to continue to be seen as being relatable, contributing and relevant to the world today. That 2will be the issue for William and Kate.

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1538 on: December 15, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »

MY final thoughts on this tour:
I think it was an OK visit. Not a lot of substance and not any real point to it but they did what was expected.
As for Kate, I think this is about the best we can ever expect, a nice smile, a pleasant wave and the occasional "action" shot, wrapping presents, accepting flowers, etc. I don't think she will ever be one of the really dynamic royals, like Princess Diana was or like Princess Anne, Prince Harry, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla.
Kate's job as made by William's controlling issues, is to stand and look nice in expensive clothes, birth a couple of heirs for the heir and follow along behind him.
We will rarely hear her speak and she won't ever take on any big issues or charities or anything that has the whiff of controversy or discord, such as Diana's work with AIDS patients and Harry's work with military veterans, Prince Charles's work with organic farming and the environment.
That being said, she's the perfect match for William, who's not particularly dynamic or exciting himself.
The only problem with that is that the British royal family, to continue to be relevant and worth supporting by the British taxpayer, have to continue to be seen as being relatable, contributing and relevant to the world today. That 2will be the issue for William and Kate.

nihonbutterfly  Star  Everything you said is so very, very true.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1539 on: December 15, 2014, 05:21:56 PM »

Deleted
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:28:11 PM by PruNordstrom » Logged

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #1540 on: December 15, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »

I find it ironic that willy married a 'normal' girl with her ' normal family life' and yet waity does not look or act comfortable around 'normal' people. 

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
Lady Pancakes

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1541 on: December 16, 2014, 08:43:02 PM »

Lady Pancakes:

I kinda like her hair here at the Met. Very Scarlet O'Hara style and she even has the same death stare.  Anyways Kate does look tense or upset in that gif. Like she had a fight or something previously... Maybe with William? That she looked sort of tense during the event and did not take PW's hand when arriving tells me something.

I thought of Scarlet O'Hara too.  It's not really appropriate somehow, though I couldn't immediately say why exactly.  Well, maybe that's not an ideal person for her to draw comparison too, all things considering.
Also, she ain't no Vivian Leigh.  Look at Kate's photo, above, then look at Vivian's.  Come to think of it, Kate ain't no Scarlet O'Hara.  To me, Scarlet is naff.  But she's lively. 

[/quote]

---

Actually Kate has some similarities with Scarlet O' Hara or funny "coincidences". According to some articles there are some Scarlet O' Hara moments in Kate's life.

She attended a ball dressed as Scarlet O' Hara and William dressed as Rhett Butler for a costume party at St Andrews university (if only there were pictures of that).

http://www.telegraph.co.u...n-and-Prince-William.html

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/...dle-dee-dee-with-the-wind

8 Times Kate Middleton's Skirt Was Gone With The Wind!
http://perezhilton.com/co...moments-photos/?from=post

I guess she likes that character for some reason.  Secret

There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
chrys
Banned
Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1542 on: December 16, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »

Tongue
Whenever Kate wears one of those little hatlets from her collection I get a sense of deja vu.  I finally recognised that it's from Scarlett. 
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1543 on: December 21, 2014, 01:22:55 AM »

Apparently Will met Ivanka (jealous tbh)

http://www.ivankatrump.co...m&utm_campaign=buffer
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1544 on: December 21, 2014, 01:26:51 AM »

Will should have married an accomplished woman, like Ivanka  Secret
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: