Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of Queen Fabiola  (Read 65287 times)
FabiolaFan
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: December 16, 2014, 12:54:45 AM »

Not all catholics wear it. In our region, you would earn strage looks if you wore one (and I'm talking about catholic people in a catholic church). MT has the privilčge du blanc and is a devout catholic and didn't wear one (she didn't wear one for her MIL's funeral).

I just always saw them worn by royals at various church events but maybe it is regional. Even Stephanie wore one to her mom's funeral. Privilege du blanc refers, I thought, to wearing white when around the pope and nothing go do with veiling in general?
FabiolaFan
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: December 16, 2014, 12:57:21 AM »

Editor- Laugh bounce Laughing Star

Thank goodness we have Her Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduchess Kathleen of Cincinnati to remind us of how she is superior to all those other half-assed Catholics in attendance.  Both she and Paola wore the chapel veils, which makes is a tad bit laughable IMO. 

I don't think it matters--veil vs hat. Most ladies covered their head out of respect. I was just curious as to why most wore a specif style of hat (some derivative of a pillbox) whereas in the past, most royals I saw wore veils.
FabiolaFan
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: December 16, 2014, 12:58:20 AM »

In my opinion, the choice of mantilla versus hat at a Catholic church service is entirely a matter of personal choice. Neither is more ``Catholic'' than the other. And as far as the ``privilege blanc'' is concerned, that is only in the context of meeting with the pope.

I would assume that most of the royals who were in attendance there have a ready set of mourning clothing to be worn. I know that Queen Elizabeth always traveled with a set just in case, and, alas, in came in all too handy when she and Philip were in Africa and her father died.

I just posted the exact same thing. LOL
FabiolaFan
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: December 16, 2014, 01:04:16 AM »

In my opinion, the choice of mantilla versus hat at a Catholic church service is entirely a matter of personal choice. Neither is more ``Catholic'' than the other. And as far as the ``privilege blanc'' is concerned, that is only in the context of meeting with the pope.

I would assume that most of the royals who were in attendance there have a ready set of mourning clothing to be worn. I know that Queen Elizabeth always traveled with a set just in case, and, alas, in came in all too handy when she and Philip were in Africa and her father died.

The type of Catholicism that Katie subscribes to does require a chapel veil to be worn to mass.  They are subscribing to an outdated and overturned (by Vatican II) form of Catholicism that was pretty much the norm before 1962.  Yes, it's a personal choice in YOUR view; in Katie's, it is not.  

Actually while Vatican II did allow the mass in the vernacular, the extraordinary form was never overturned. You can go to a latin mass today, which is totally  legit. Also, while I don't know Katie's views, not all people who go to or prefer the extraordinary form are the crazies who believe that there hasn't been a legit pope in however many years. Those SSPXers are cray.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #304 on: December 16, 2014, 01:14:54 AM »

The type of Catholicism that Katie subscribes to does require a chapel veil to be worn to mass.  They are subscribing to an outdated and overturned (by Vatican II) form of Catholicism that was pretty much the norm before 1962.  Yes, it's a personal choice in YOUR view; in Katie's, it is not.  

Actually while Vatican II did allow the mass in the vernacular, the extraordinary form was never overturned. You can go to a latin mass today, which is totally  legit. Also, while I don't know Katie's views, not all people who go to or prefer the extraordinary form are the crazies who believe that there hasn't been a legit pope in however many years. Those SSPXers are cray.
We assure you......Katie is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.
rose

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: December 16, 2014, 02:12:27 AM »

Fabiola was a special person and a public figure for a long time.
When I watch her funeral, amid the formality and ceremony, it looks to me like a family funeral - the private funeral of a very loved family member.  There is a great personal warmth and a great sadness.
Indicative of the lovely caring woman, Fabiola, was, is the fact that many of her youngest relatives knew her well..

Star Beautifully stated. 

My heart breaks for the family.  It almost hurts to look at the photos--the family's grief is so strong.  Fabiola was obviously well-loved.

Thank you to Leelobeetle for all the information about Fabiola and her king--truly an extraordinary couple.  Star
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2014, 11:56:25 PM »

I grew up long before Katie and, for that matter, before Vatican II, went to 12 years of all all-girl's convent school, and never once heard that the idea of wearing a veil to church was preferable to a hat. I think this might be something that ultra-conservatives have conjured up as a piety that, in fact, is out of step with the mainstream church.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: December 16, 2014, 11:59:33 PM »

I grew up long before Katie and, for that matter, before Vatican II, went to 12 years of all all-girl's convent school, and never once heard that the idea of wearing a veil to church was preferable to a hat. I think this might be something that ultra-conservatives have conjured up as a piety that, in fact, is out of step with the mainstream church.

And as I've said before, in KATIE's view, this is preferable.  She practices an ultra-conservative form of Catholicism and believes that this is superior to all other ways of being Catholic.  She's published an article on this type of practice (that lovely little piece where she said the Spanish Inquisition wasn't all that bad). 

Yes, she's out of step with the mainstream church (and with mainstream society as a whole)-and that was my point.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: December 17, 2014, 04:05:05 AM »

Thank goodness we have Her Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduchess Kathleen of Cincinnati to remind us of how she is superior to all those other half-assed Catholics in attendance.  Both she and Paola wore the chapel veils, which makes is a tad bit laughable IMO. 

I don't think it matters--veil vs hat. Most ladies covered their head out of respect. I was just curious as to why most wore a specif style of hat (some derivative of a pillbox) whereas in the past, most royals I saw wore veils.

I think a pillbox hat is suitably modest for a funeral. A hat with a brim (like the sort Maxima wears) can be too flamboyant depending on the style.
Soovie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: December 17, 2014, 07:25:01 AM »

This is about how Fabiola really wasn't heard in the media much back in her day.

The queen was rarely heard in the media
thank you for sharing. she has some great quotes about love and comes across as loving, empathetic and inspiring.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #310 on: December 18, 2014, 08:26:14 PM »

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: December 19, 2014, 12:34:49 AM »

Hug

Poor baby.....

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: January 12, 2015, 11:27:03 PM »

Thank goodness we have Her Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduchess Kathleen of Cincinnati to remind us of how she is superior to all those other half-assed Catholics in attendance.  Both she and Paola wore the chapel veils, which makes is a tad bit laughable IMO.  

Now my sources at the Zita shop told me the REAL story. Once the news of Fabiola's passing reached Luxembourg, HRH GD Maria Teresa ordered the palace staff to prepare for the onslaught of Luxembourg, Lichtenstein and Hapsburg female relatives. MT of course being well known for her generosity in sharing clothing, accessories, and jewelry. Besides poor Mathilde would be a bit overwhelmed now. An operation of this scale had not been seen since Josephine Charlotte passed. Also with so many of the former children now reaching adulthood and new brides, the number ladies now requiring appropriate head wear had increased as well. Mon Dieu!!!!

In the end, those who arrived early enough received hats. Those who arrived late well....there's always the chapel veil.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2015, 11:30:45 PM »

Though Iīm sure it was mentioned elsewhere I for myself believe as well that Fabiolaīs death came quite unexpected despite of her fragile health and thatīs obviously one reason why they all are so immensely touched. Looks to me as if they didnīt really count with it. Crap
I agree. It's obvious that Fabiola was truly loved by her family.
Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: January 13, 2015, 05:07:52 PM »

And as I've said before, in KATIE's view, this is preferable.  She practices an ultra-conservative form of Catholicism and believes that this is superior to all other ways of being Catholic.  She's published an article on this type of practice (that lovely little piece where she said the Spanish Inquisition wasn't all that bad).  

Yes, she's out of step with the mainstream church (and with mainstream society as a whole)-and that was my point.

I wouldn't say she I'd ultraconservative, because I saw her wearing over the knee skirt and sleeveless on church (inappropriate for traditional Catholics )by this time she should be pregnant with baby #3 and she isn't sedevacantist. Is not difference between veil and hat (the point is cover your head /hair.  I think she uses her Catholicism to give her an identity, something to talk about and separate  from the rest.

Example this is way too much skin for a traditional Catholic going to a wedding IMO she uses the Catholicism when is convenient for her

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:18:44 PM by Coya » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: