Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of Queen Fabiola  (Read 66299 times)
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: January 13, 2015, 05:22:42 PM »

I'm hoping we can keep the Hapsburg discussion in the niblets thread.

Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2015, 01:13:31 AM »

In my opinion, the choice of mantilla versus hat at a Catholic church service is entirely a matter of personal choice. Neither is more ``Catholic'' than the other. And as far as the ``privilege blanc'' is concerned, that is only in the context of meeting with the pope.

I would assume that most of the royals who were in attendance there have a ready set of mourning clothing to be worn. I know that Queen Elizabeth always traveled with a set just in case, and, alas, in came in all too handy when she and Philip were in Africa and her father died.

The type of Catholicism that Katie subscribes to does require a chapel veil to be worn to mass.  They are subscribing to an outdated and overturned (by Vatican II) form of Catholicism that was pretty much the norm before 1962.  Yes, it's a personal choice in YOUR view; in Katie's, it is not.  

Actually while Vatican II did allow the mass in the vernacular, the extraordinary form was never overturned. You can go to a latin mass today, which is totally  legit. Also, while I don't know Katie's views, not all people who go to or prefer the extraordinary form are the crazies who believe that there hasn't been a legit pope in however many years. Those SSPXers are cray.
That would be the Mel Gibson splinter 'catholics'?
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2015, 06:50:50 PM »

Received this information care of the Benelux Royals Message board:

Belgian mail has released a set of new stamps featuring the late Queen Fabiola.
This very attractive series will be available from January 26 in the larger Post offices or via http://eshop.bpost.be/ & costs 7,20 euros.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: