Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of Queen Fabiola  (Read 78890 times)
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2014, 07:55:25 PM »

Not all catholics wear it. In our region, you would earn strage looks if you wore one (and I'm talking about catholic people in a catholic church). MT has the privilège du blanc and is a devout catholic and didn't wear one (she didn't wear one for her MIL's funeral).
That's because it would've fallen off 'cuz she was dancing so hard
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2014, 07:57:47 PM »

Not all catholics wear it. In our region, you would earn strage looks if you wore one (and I'm talking about catholic people in a catholic church). MT has the privilège du blanc and is a devout catholic and didn't wear one (she didn't wear one for her MIL's funeral).

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Star

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »

Star   Banana It took me a moment to understand this joke of why MT would be dancing at a funeral.  Thinking But then I remembered the great 'affection' between MT and her mother-in-law...   Spiteful Clown

Fabiola, on the contrary, had been able to inspired affection and love to her family-in-law, so the touching tribute they gave her.  Hug

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »

edit, you almost made me pee my pants at work laughing so hard  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  Star

Helena

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2014, 09:52:10 PM »

Star Star Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: December 15, 2014, 10:07:27 PM »

Editor- Laugh bounce Laughing Star

Thank goodness we have Her Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduchess Kathleen of Cincinnati to remind us of how she is superior to all those other half-assed Catholics in attendance.  Both she and Paola wore the chapel veils, which makes is a tad bit laughable IMO. 
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2014, 10:54:49 PM »

Just curious: Was there an official U.S. rep at the funeral? Thinking  I'm guessing "no."
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: December 15, 2014, 10:57:55 PM »

Just curious: Was there an official U.S. rep at the funeral? Thinking  I'm guessing "no."

If we did send anybody, it would most likely have been our ambassador or someone from our consulate (I'm guessing here).  I think that's usually the case for the US. 
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2014, 10:59:56 PM »

In my opinion, the choice of mantilla versus hat at a Catholic church service is entirely a matter of personal choice. Neither is more ``Catholic'' than the other. And as far as the ``privilege blanc'' is concerned, that is only in the context of meeting with the pope.

I would assume that most of the royals who were in attendance there have a ready set of mourning clothing to be worn. I know that Queen Elizabeth always traveled with a set just in case, and, alas, in came in all too handy when she and Philip were in Africa and her father died.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2014, 11:03:17 PM »

If we did send anybody, it would most likely have been our ambassador or someone from our consulate (I'm guessing here).  I think that's usually the case for the US. 
That's what I was thinking, Pix. I just haven't seen any info as to whether the U.S. did send the ambassador/a consulate rep.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2014, 11:12:35 PM »

In my opinion, the choice of mantilla versus hat at a Catholic church service is entirely a matter of personal choice. Neither is more ``Catholic'' than the other. And as far as the ``privilege blanc'' is concerned, that is only in the context of meeting with the pope.

I would assume that most of the royals who were in attendance there have a ready set of mourning clothing to be worn. I know that Queen Elizabeth always traveled with a set just in case, and, alas, in came in all too handy when she and Philip were in Africa and her father died.

The type of Catholicism that Katie subscribes to does require a chapel veil to be worn to mass.  They are subscribing to an outdated and overturned (by Vatican II) form of Catholicism that was pretty much the norm before 1962.  Yes, it's a personal choice in YOUR view; in Katie's, it is not.  
BadGuy
Banned
Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2014, 11:52:45 PM »

Thank goodness we have Her Imperial and Royal Highness, Archduchess Kathleen of Cincinnati to remind us of how she is superior to all those other half-assed Catholics in attendance.  Both she and Paola wore the chapel veils, which makes is a tad bit laughable IMO. 

Half assed Catholics ?, I thought there was no Monaco representative ?
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2014, 12:08:18 AM »

Sorry, not sure what point you're trying to make?
BadGuy
Banned
Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: December 16, 2014, 12:12:01 AM »

Almost a dignified service.
No Windsors and no Grimaldis is a good start for me but such a pity they couldnt keep  that piece of sh**t Juan Carlos and his fake wife away,
Paola and Albert looked bored, nothing new there, how did Felipe, Astrid and Laurent turn out so reasonably normal.

Well done, Mathilde and family.
BadGuy
Banned
Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: December 16, 2014, 12:14:26 AM »

Sorry, not sure what point you're trying to make?

It is simple enough - IMO the Monaco Princely Family are "half assed Catholics"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: