Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leonor & Sofía  (Read 23833 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2021, 02:30:37 PM »

Congrats to Leonor!! That is the same school Elizabeth of Belgium attended  Thumb up

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2021, 02:53:10 PM »

Congrats to Leonor!! That is the same school Elizabeth of Belgium attended  Thumb up

Yes it will be a great experience for her ... my sister was similar age when she went to boarding school... I was a few years older when I went away to university and lived in a residential college
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2021, 03:29:20 PM »

I really like this “trend” that’s developing of sending the heir aboard for their last two years of school.  They’re at a really good age (16) to have this experience.  Hopefully will see this continue in other countries.
lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2021, 03:45:03 PM »

Leonor follows her father's path. Prince Felipe studied the preparatory course for university in Canada. The Spanish system has changed and it is now two years of baccalaureate to adjust to the international baccalaureate model that Leonor will study.

The choice of the school is not a surprise, as it was founded by Kurt Hanh, who founded Schule Schloss Salem, the German boarding school that Queen Sophia attended. Felipe went to Lakefield College School in Canada, which is also based on those educational theories. Spanish Royal Family has been closely linked to the Spanish section of United Word Colleges.
Emac0914

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2021, 04:41:01 PM »

Glad to hear that Leonor will be attending this international program.  Will give her a different perspective and broaden her horizons more.  I’m sure it will be hard for Leonor and Sofia to be separated since they seem so close.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2021, 06:52:31 PM »

I thought, hey that's the school Princess Elisabeth goes to!  I wonder if King Phillipe recommended it to King Felipe!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2021, 07:25:36 PM »

I love the idea that these families talk to each other as friends and neighbors they are in such unique positions in life and have special concerns. Hopefully the pandemic will allow for a better on campus learning experience by then. Leonor seems a very poised young woman and this will certainly be a terrific experience for her.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2021, 12:07:37 AM »

Congratulations to Leonor on her acceptance to the Atlantic College and I hope that she has a wonderful experience there.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2021, 06:58:22 AM »

Good choice. I know her parents would send her to a closer school than Canada. After Leo returns to Spain in 2 years, Sofia will likely study abroad. The next 4 years the two sisters would probably only see each other during school breaks or long weekends.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2021, 11:04:14 AM »

I thought, hey that's the school Princess Elisabeth goes to!  I wonder if King Phillipe recommended it to King Felipe!

It is also the school Willem Alexander went to.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2021, 11:09:24 AM »

https://www.tatler.com/ar...atlantic-college-in-wales

UWC Atlantic College in Wales has announced that HRH Princess Leonor of Asturias, the 15-year-daughter of King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia will join in September 2021. She is the heir presumptive to the throne in Spain and is following a longline in European Royals to be educated at the stunning 12th Century St Donat’s Castle near Cardiff.

Former College Presidents include HRH Prince of Wales and Nelson Mandela, with Queen Noor of Jordan currently in post. Eminent past alumni of Atlantic College in Wales include King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands who relished being part of the College’s lifeboat service, Princess Raiyah bint Al Hussein and Crown Princess Elisabeth of Belgium who sadly missed her leaving celebrations due to Covid-19 lockdown.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: