Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Andrew named in US lawsuit  (Read 270534 times)
Taffy

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Zowie Caveee

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: January 05, 2015, 12:26:54 AM »

Good piece in the Independent on this from Patrick Jephson former PS to Pss O Wales..

http://www.independent.co...rich-friends-9956928.html

I like the quote at the end;

The Dowager Countess of Grantham sums it up rather nicely: “The truth is neither here nor there. It’s the look of the thing that matters.”

Surely the BRF know the meaning of reputational risk in this day and age. 

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected . 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fu*king what?"
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2015, 12:46:16 AM »

I'll be real surprised if the BRF gets through this unscathed. Not even Diana rising from the dead could save their day!

Crawler

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2015, 02:39:53 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.u...ms-refuse-to-go-away.html

Virginia Roberts claims she was paid £10,000 as a reward for having sex with the Duke of York and is now writing a memoir about her experiences

Buckingham Palace was forced over the weekend to issue an outright denial that the Prince had ever had “any form of sexual contact” with Miss Roberts.

That he met her, however, is not in doubt, as evidenced by a photograph of him with his arm around Miss Roberts at Miss Maxwell’s home.

Miss Roberts is writing a memoir but could be tempted to speak out in the coming days after receiving large financial offers from newspapers and TV stations. If she does not, royal aides are resigned to the fact that an ongoing court case in the US will mean the story will not go away any time soon.

“He was grabbing my hips, pouring with perspiration”

Miss Roberts says that having been recruited as a “sex slave” by Epstein when she was just 15, she visited London in 2001, when she was 17, and was told by Miss Maxwell: “You’ve got a big day. We’ve gotta go shopping. You need a dress because you’re going to dance with a Prince tonight.”

Later that day the Duke arrived at Miss Maxwell’s flat, she says, with his police protection officers, and she was introduced to him. Miss Maxwell is alleged to have asked the Duke how old he though Miss Roberts was, and he correctly guessed 17. Miss Maxwell joked that Epstein “would soon have to trade her in” because she was getting too old for him, she claims.

The four went out to dinner, Miss Roberts sitting between Epstein and the Duke. “Andrew was making eye contact with me at every chance and concentrating on my plunging V-neck top,” she told the Mail on Sunday. “He didn’t ask me anything about myself. I just sat there with a smile frozen on my lips. Ghislaine had whispered ‘The Prince seems really interested in you’.

“We went on to [the nightclub] Tramp. We were led into a VIP area and Andrew got me a cocktail from the bar then he asked me to dance. He was the most hideous dancer I had ever seen. He was grabbing my hips and he was pouring with perspiration and he had this cheesy smile.”

“I was used to being used for sex by men but it was not behaviour that I was used to in public, and not from a Prince who had daughters. I felt everyone was watching us.”

Miss Maxwell has always denied Miss Roberts's claims and described them as "obvious lies".

“Sex with Andrew, then £10,000 payment”

After the four returned to Miss Maxwell’s townhouse, Miss Roberts said that: “All of us went upstairs and I asked Jeffrey to snap a picture of me with the Prince (below). I wanted something to show my Mom. Ghislaine and Jeffrey left us after that.”

In a separate interview with a US journalist in 2011, Miss Roberts said they got into a bath together where “he started licking my toes, between my toes, the arches of my feet. And then we went into the bedroom and he proceeded to make love to me, so to speak.

The hidden cameras

Miss Roberts claims she was ordered by Epstein to have sex with rich and powerful friends so he could blackmail them or exert pressure on them afterwards.

Court documents filed in Florida also state that photographs of Miss Roberts and other victims of Epstein “were taken with hidden cameras set up in his home in Palm Beach.

“On the day of his arrest, police found two hidden cameras and photographs of underage girls on a computer in the defendant’s home.”

The Duke of York is said to have visited the Palm Beach residence and enjoyed daily massages from young women when he was a guest of Epstein.

“Many victims have since spoken out, filing detailed statements in civil cases seeking damages. Physical evidence has since been discovered. Had these additional statements and evidence been known, the outcome may have been different.”

Miss Roberts’s father Sky, 58, said of the Duke: “I don’t care if he is prince or pauper. If what Virginia said is true he has to pay the consequences.

“If the Prince had sex with my daughter when she was underage, he has to be prosecuted.”

A memoir in the making

Virginia Roberts, now aged 30 and a mother of three, is working on a memoir which is likely to contain yet more details of her meetings with the Duke of York if it is ever published.

She is also understood to be listening to offers from newspapers and television stations to break her three-year silence, having previously spoken out in 2011, without on that occasion making any direct claims of sex with the Duke.

Speaking from Colorado, where she is staying with her mother Lynn, Miss Roberts said: “There will be a time when we explain stuff, just not this time.”
rose

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: January 05, 2015, 03:38:40 AM »

Where on earth were the parents of this young woman when all of this was taking place?  Ranting  The way the parents are portrayed in this article raise many questions for me.  If she was close enough contact with her mother to be showing her photos, why wasn't Mom asking why a middle aged man was taking her underage daughter across the Atlantic Ocean?  Her father is quoted as saying “If the Prince had sex with my daughter when she was underage, he has to be prosecuted.”  That's great after the fact, but wasn't he the least bit uneasy about an adult male sniffing around his very attractive teenage daughter?

Believe me, if Andrew is guilty I hope he gets everything that is coming to him.  But it sounds as if this woman's parents need to do some explaining as well.  Dash2
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2015, 03:49:41 AM »

That is exactly what I was thinking.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #275 on: January 05, 2015, 04:02:17 AM »

Well when pedophiles look for girls to groom they often look for those with parents who aren't heavily involved or worse...those willing to look the other way. 
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: January 05, 2015, 04:10:45 AM »

I feel so sorry for this girls, no one was there to protect then No

DM editor seems to be ignoring today's letter from BP and is publishing new stories on this. Palace officials need to try harder if they want to silence the press on this. It's not going away that easily imo...

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ations.html#ixzz3Nuelmlp4

Silence of the Epstein women: Former top model among several female employees of billionaire who refuse to answer questions on Prince Andrew 'sex slave' allegations

A former top model is among several women who have refused to answer questions about their dealings with Jeffrey Epstein under oath, including whether Prince Andrew was involved with under-age girls.

Adriana Ross, who moved to Florida from her native Poland in 2002, was hired to work at billionaire Epstein’s Florida mansion and helped to organise his diary.

She was interviewed on video in March 2010 by a lawyer for alleged abuse victims as part of civil proceedings against the paedophile financier. But she repeatedly invoked the US constitution’s Fifth Amendment, which protects people against incriminating themselves.

Miss Ross was asked: ‘Has Prince Andrew ever been involved with under-age minor females to your knowledge?’ She replied: ‘I refuse to answer.’

http://www.dailymail.co.u...gation.html#ixzz3NueCKbEG

Did legal deal protect the duke? Paedophile billionaire's plea bargain halted police investigation

An ‘army of legal superstars’ persuaded prosecutors to sign a controversial agreement which may have given Prince Andrew protection from prosecution, it is claimed.

Highly-paid lawyers for Jeffrey Epstein – some of whom had links to the White House – secured an extraordinary deal which guaranteed ‘potential co-conspirators’ would not face criminal charges relating to his activities.

They had spent months delving into the private lives of state prosecutors to establish if they had any ‘personal peccadilloes’, in a desperate bid to defend Epstein against claims of abusing scores of under-age girls at his Florida mansion.

Also from the same article, regarding possible diplomatic immunity:

ANDREW AND THE QUESTION OF DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY

Andrew may be entitled to diplomatic immunity against questioning in any criminal inquiry because some of the allegations relate to when he was a Whitehall-sanctioned business envoy.

Diplomatic immunity provides foreign diplomats protection from legal action in the country where they work. It is granted depending on an individual’s rank and the level of immunity they need to carry out their duties.

But diplomats are still expected to follow the laws of their host countries. In the US, several levels of immunity protecting foreign diplomats from legal action are granted. Extradition lawyer Karen Todner, who represented computer hacker Gary McKinnon, said the prince could simply ignore any request to give evidence.

‘If proceedings are civil, extradition [law] does not apply, so he can just refuse to go,’ she said.

He could be compelled to give evidence ‘only in criminal proceedings’, she added. If he refused to co-operate, however, the prince could be banned from entering the US.

It is not known whether Andrew might be covered by legal immunity simply by being a royal because this has never been tested in international law.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Wilson19

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: January 05, 2015, 04:11:06 AM »

The pictures of Andrew and Eug leaving the chalet, things look tense.  The girls must be disgusted.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: January 05, 2015, 04:13:20 AM »

More pictures of Andrew, Eugenie and her boyfriend leaving Switzerland today:

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-claims-sex-age-girl.html

Prince Andrew left his luxury Swiss chalet today to return to Britain amid a growing furore over claims he had sex with an under-age girl.

The Duke of York appeared in public for the first time since he was accused of abusing the girl ‘procured’ for him by his close friend and convicted paedophile, Jeffrey Epstein.

ETA: The Times, The Guardian, Daily Mail, Telegraph, Daily Record, I and The Mirror have this on the front page of tomorrow's editions. Seems that BP pressure on editors isn't working for now.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:25:43 AM by Thistle » Logged

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: January 05, 2015, 04:30:58 AM »

'No, I did not have sex with that girl'

Did Andrew or his PR really use this line???!!!  Yikes Don't they know this is Bill Clinton's most infamous line?  Crazy
queensevans

Micro Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: January 05, 2015, 04:47:25 AM »

Good God, this family needs to go. I feel sorry for the York girls, but their parents are simply disgusting
Lexy

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: January 05, 2015, 04:49:57 AM »

Where on earth were the parents of this young woman when all of this was taking place?  Ranting  The way the parents are portrayed in this article raise many questions for me.  If she was close enough contact with her mother to be showing her photos, why wasn't Mom asking why a middle aged man was taking her underage daughter across the Atlantic Ocean?  Her father is quoted as saying “If the Prince had sex with my daughter when she was underage, he has to be prosecuted.”  That's great after the fact, but wasn't he the least bit uneasy about an adult male sniffing around his very attractive teenage daughter?

Believe me, if Andrew is guilty I hope he gets everything that is coming to him.  But it sounds as if this woman's parents need to do some explaining as well.  Dash2

She was a sex slave a lot of times parents do not know or have no control, sometimes girls are kidnapped and put into the sex trade with the parents thinking their child is missing this unfortunately is the reality of human trafficking which is a majority underage girls. It's easy to look at this and say "control your teenage daughter!" my train of thought is why doesn't the dirty old man with two daughters of his own control himself? Why is this supposed proper prince who is genetically soooo superior to everyone else in his country associating with a convicted pedophile even AFTER HIS TRIAL?!

I'm sure that even after all this many crazy monarchist will still bow their heads to a man that allegedly raped an underage girl THAT is more important then where her parents were. Putting the blame on the victim or the victims family is deflecting from the ugly truth that is that Prince Andrew is absolute scum as is anyone else who knowingly did "business" with this man.
cowgrrl

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: January 05, 2015, 05:02:35 AM »

A note AFA US legal issues: (note: I am not a lawyer)
Epstein cannot be charged again for any crimes he was tried for previously & found not guilty of (or was in the plea bargain). Also, there's a statute of limitations for rape & child sex crimes (not sure what it is but it's not long enough IMO).
All that said, if new evidence has come forth (new victims especially) Epstein can be tried for these new crimes as long as the statute of limitations hasn't run out.

I can't speak to issues of diplomatic immunity but I can say IMO, it would damage US/UK relations if the Crown asked the US government to cover Andrews butt.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: January 05, 2015, 05:12:23 AM »

US government can't cover his b*tt. US judicial is independent. If a court issues an subpoena, US government can't intervene.

If he cites diplomatic immunity to avoid testify or claims the 5th, his reputation will be forever tarnished. People will think he has something to hide.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2015, 06:30:22 AM »

Please enjoy just how much corruption was likely involved. Modern journalism sucks...I swear no one writing the current articles seem to be presenting how sleazy this all is. For instance all we see now is that this all started becaus a teenager gave Epstein a massage and it is so much worse than that.

A bit of background.....

-A Palm Beach woman contacted police in 2005 to say an older teenager had recruited her 14 yr old -step daughter(in a school for troubled minors) to come with her to make some quick money. Note the background of the girl makes her a prime target to be a groomed by a pedophile. Note that she likely didn't choose that location by chance. She went to Epstein's, staff led her to a room with a massage table,Epstein came in naked,masturbated,had her strip naked,and then used a vibrator on her.

-The "recruiter" was a local community college student who said that Epstein frequently paid her to find girls and he told her "the younger the better". They interviewed at least 5 that she recruited. In total they questioned 17 victims with most younger than 16 and the youngest being 14. There were quite a few other witnesses including one of Epstein's maid who said he did this EVERY DAY. The girls interviewed were correctly able to identify Epstein, accurately describe the interior of his home and accurately point out members of his staff.

- This begun an 11 month investigation at the end of which  they wanted him to be charged with four counts of unlawful sex with a minor and one count of molestation. His attorneys were Gerald Lefcourt, Roy,Black,Alan Dershowitz(now named in the civil case), and another very familiar name Kenneth Starr.

-Oddly enough the prosecutors made a nearly unheard of move in a non-capital case and decided to not follow the recommendation of the police but instead decided to present the evidence to a grand jury. I can't emphasize enough how weird that is.It simply doesn't happen outside of murder cases. Take into account that this particular county there would have been plenty in power who would have been very familiar with what had been going on at Epstein's home. Mysteriously the grand jury decided to only charge him with two things. A felony charge of solicitation of prostitution. And a felony charge of solicitation a person under the age of 18 for prostitution. This would be the equivalent of charging him for one prostitute over 18 and one under 18. Out of the nearly 35 girls that admitted to having had encounters with him. Yep 35 victims and only charged for one.

-Epstein pleaded not guilty. The chief of police was so angry with this decision that he actually wrote the State's Attorney to complain of the highly unusual move and to ask him to remove himself from the case. At the time the SA was viewed to be the new Mike Nifong.....a term we use in the US regarding corrupt stupid prosecutors.

- It is also worth noting that the grand jury took months to go ahead. Apparently Dershowitz got it delayed based upon the MySpace accounts of several of the girls who *gasp* were referencing drugs and alcohol. As if that prevents you from being the victim of abuse.

- During this time the police requested warrants to arrest Epstein on multiple occasion and were denied each time.

-The allegations that the State's Attorney office wasn't doing enough led to an investigation by the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's office. The hope was that this would lead to more charges but lo and behold it led to Epstein being offered a secret plea...as in the terms/reasoning of the plea weren't made public at the time and he was sentenced to 18 months. This is despite the fact that they identified even more victims than the first investigation and found at least 40. However the prosecution was likely terrified as Epstein's team waged all out war, consistently threatening the prosecutorial teams with a promise to destroy them in court and then write the be all end all of books on unfair prosecutions effectively ending their careers. When you have a team like Epstein's making that threat you have to believe it is a good possibility. They also hired private investigators to follow and investigate the prosecutorial team and essentially anyone close to them in hopes of finding something to shame them off the case be it a cheating spouse or something related to their children. They even posed as police officers at some point to intimidate people. No that isn't legal and yes they got away with it.

- The non-prosecution agreement executed between Epstein and the Department of Justice stated that Epstein and four members of his staff were investigated for “knowingly, in affecting interstate and foreign commerce, recruiting enticing and obtaining by any means a person, knowing that person has not yet obtained the age of 18 years and would be caused to engage in commercial sex act”—that is, child sex trafficking. Yet the agreement allowed Epstein to plead guilty to only two lower-level state crimes, soliciting prostitution and soliciting a minor child for prostitution. It is also worth noting that it has since been revealed that Epstein initially accepted a 10 year sentence but he and his team backed out at the last ,I ute and ramped up their intimidation methods.

- Now you can't even say at least he did time because his special treatment didn't stop there. Instead of serving time in prison where your typical sex offender quickly goes he was allowed to serve in the Palm Beach County jail. More accurately in a private wing of the jail. And during the 13 months(yep they decided to let him go 5 months early) he was let out every day during the week and often on the weekends under the guise of "work release". Basically he had to be back by bedtime as he had a daily 18 hr pass.

- But Kiki that means he was cleaning garbage or volunteering in the morgue or one of those other awful jobs people on work release do right? Nope. His was with The Florida Science Foundation which he conveniently founded before his sentencing and it was meant to finance grants. Basically he got to leave jail...alone.... And go do whatever the hell he wanted at his own offices at least  5 days a week.

-Once released the foundation was listed on his probation papers and his sex offender registry as his place of business. Yet some brilliant journalist decided to just do a little research the day his probation ended. It was discovered that the phones for the foundation had all been disconnected and that they hadn't been active or done anything at all since September of the prior year which was two moths into Epstein's probation period. Any other offender would have been back in jail for that. Oh and during his probation he had the world's nicest parole officers apparently because he consistently left Florida to spend time his NY home and on his private island. About once a week he was out of Florida. While he was allegedly under house arrest.

-On June 18, 2010, Epstein's former butler, Alfredo Rodriguez, was sentenced to 18 months in jail for trying to sell a journal that he said recorded Epstein's activities. Special Agent Christina Pryor reviewed the material and agreed it was information "that would have been extremely useful in investigating and prosecuting the case, including names and contact information of material witnesses and additional victims." This info ties nicely into the current civil case.

- Once the charges became public Eliot Spitzer,Bill Richardson, and the Palm Beach Police Department returned donations from Epstein. Harvard announced they would not return their donations. Bill Clinton frequently used Epstein's plane.

- Since this came to light Epstein has settled SEVENTEEN civil suits out of court regarding his involvement with minors/prostitution/sex slaves. Details from some of the suits include Epstein once PURCHASED THREE TWELVE YEAR OLDS FROM FRANCE and had them delivered as a birthday present to himself. He also apparently bought another 14 year old from the Balkans.Charming.From the Daily Beast "These same civil complaints allege that young girls from South America, Europe, and the former Soviet republics, few of whom spoke English, were recruited for Esptein’s sexual pleasure. According to a former bookkeeper, a number of the girls worked for MC2, the modeling agency owned by Jean Luc Brunel, a longtime acquaintance and frequent guest of Epstein’s. Brunel received $1 million from the billionaire around the time he started the agency."

- After his parole ended he threw a dinner in Andrew's honor attended by Katie Couric, George Stephanopolous,and ...you can't make this up....Woody Allen. Of course it is conveniently ignored that in violation of sex offender registration laws Epstein lives within 1,000 feet of an Episcopal pre-school in NY.

- And this paragraph again from an old Daily Beast article perfectly describes why this didn't get the attention it deserved,"Moreover, many of his high-powered acquaintances availed themselves of Epstein’s private jets, for which the pilot logs, obtained by discovery in the civil suits, sometimes showed that bold-face names were on the same flights as underage girls. A high-profile trial threatened to splash mud over all sorts of big players, just as both Gov. Richardson and Bill Clinton’s wife were running for president. Also, a hedge fund prosecution in which Epstein offered to give evidence was heating up. Alberto Gonzales, who was U.S. attorney general throughout most of the Epstein investigation and resigned just before the non-prosecution agreement was signed, told The Daily Beast that he “would have instructed the Justice Department to pursue justice without making a political mess.” But that may have been an impossible mandate, given the players involved."

US government can't cover his b*tt. US judicial is independent. If a court issues an subpoena, US government can't intervene.

If he cites diplomatic immunity to avoid testify or claims the 5th, his reputation will be forever tarnished. People will think he has something to hide.
He may get his butt covered to cover other butts and I wish our judicial system was as independent as it should be.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: