Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima and the Royal Invasion (World Economic Forum) in Davos, Switzerland  (Read 6351 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2015, 04:33:39 PM »

I post it in the NL thread, because we don't have a combined royal section for activities attended by current royal houses, and because I associate Max the most with this event.

January 22

Royals from all over the world have descended on Davos, Switzerland, to attend the 45. World Economic Forum, among them are Jordan's Queen Rania, ing Phillippe and Queen Mathilde of the Belgians, Norway's Crown Prince Haakon, and Princess Mette-Marit, Spain's Queen Letizia and King Felipe are also expected to attend.

It's the financial event that sees the biggest names in world banking overrun the tiny Alpine town of Davos each year. But while the World Economic Forum is famous for its financiers and politicians, this year has seen a sprinkling of royal stardust as well.

A board member at the Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA), the Kuwait-born royal has long taken an interest in microfinance initiatives. The royal, who has been tweeting updates from the Forum over the past few days, took a break from this morning to comment on the death of Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah.

'Arab and Muslim nations grieve loss of HM King Abdullah,' she wrote. 'Our condolences to the Saudi people for HM's sad passing. May he rest in peace.' But although one of the most prominent, Rania isn't the only royal to hobnob with financiers in Davos this week.

One of the most headline-grabbing arrivals was made by King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of the Belgians, who arrived by private jet on Wednesday as the event swung into top gear. The couple, who have been on the throne of Belgium since 2013, stayed for just two days but took part in the opening panel discussions before flying home. 42-year-old Mathilde is no stranger to Davos, having attended each year since 2007, and looked at ease while meeting dignitaries, including German financier Klaus Schwab, founder of the World Economic Forum.

Major political players

President and Founder of the World Economic Forum Klaus Schwab

Chinese PremierLi Keqiang

German Chancellor Angela Merkel

Governor of the Banks of England Mark Carney

Novartis CEO Joseph Jimenez

Igor Shuvalov, first deputy prime minister of the Russian Federation

French President Francois Hollande

Andrey L. Kostin, chairman and CEO of VTB Bank

Nestle CEO Paul Bulcke

Jack Ma, executive chairman of Alibaba Group

Swiss Federal Councillor Didier Burkhalter, head of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs,
with Tony Blair, representative of the Quartet on the Middle East.

Paul Kagame, president of Rwanda

Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and business leaders during a reception

And of course Hollywood is in the house too:  EMMA WATSON JOINS FINANCIERS TO MAKE A SPEECH ON WOMEN'S RIGHTS IN DAVOS

She made headlines when she spoke out about women's rights during an impassioned speech made to the UN General Assembly last September. Now Emma Watson has repeated the trick - this time in front of politicians and financiers assembled at the World Economic Forum in Davos.

Sitting beside UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon, the 24-year-old spoke passionately about the HeForShe IMPACT initiative, which she is has championed and which aims to empower women across the world.  'The groundswell of response we have received in support for HeForShe tells us we are tapping into what the world wants: to be a part of change,' she said.

'Now we have to channel that energy into purposeful action. The pilot initiative provides that framework. 'Next we need all country leadership, as well as that of hundreds of universities and corporations to follow HeForShe's IMPACT 10x10x10 so as to bring an end to the persisting inequalities faced by women and girls globally.' World leaders to have signalled their support for the initiative include Paul Kagame of Rwanda, Mark Rutte of the Netherlands, Ernest Bai Koroma of Sierra Leone and Sweden's new Prime Minister, Stefan Lofven.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:57:32 PM by PeDe » Logged

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 04:41:37 PM »

Has Máxima attended other years? I actually associate this event with Haakon and MM, it's right up their alley and they go every year. I know that Philippe and Mathilde and Rania and Abdullah also attend but don't remember Máxima.
Maybe Royal Misc. or the Royal Families section is appropriate for an multi-royal event like this?
Also, the DM has an exclusive, Felipe and Letizia are expected? It's news to me  Grin Grin

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 04:43:40 PM »

One question comes to mind?

.....yup, where are the Derf's in this whole shebang.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 04:47:31 PM »

Has Máxima attended other years? I actually associate this event with Haakon and MM, it's right up their alley and they go every year. I know that Philippe and Mathilde and Rania and Abdullah also attend but don't remember Máxima.
Maybe Royal Misc. or the Royal Families section is appropriate for an multi-royal event like this?
Also, the DM has an exclusive, Felipe and Letizia are expected? It's news to me  Grin Grin

It seems to be Spain's first time attending - which is GREAT  Banana finally Felipe & Letizia can do whatever they wanted...probably for years now. Get out of the isolation, and interact more w/other royal families.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »

You misunderstood me PeDe  Wink , there's no way they're going and DM has the scoop  Wink. I would bet anything they are not going (besides, their agenda for the weekend and next week is updated and doesn't mention Davos)

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 04:53:42 PM »

you don't think? Hmmm....so that's a duck! Interesting.

I read somewhere that they are "popping in" so to speak, and not staying for the whole event. Perhaps that is what DM cought on.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 04:57:09 PM »

Davos Forum is not well seen in Spain, from what I've heard from my Spanish Family and friends (the press there is not nice either, for years they call it a waste and a place for corrupt people to hand out and pretend to do good). I think that's why you don't see Spanish leaders (big names) attending often. I doubt Felipe and Letizia go there, they are very careful with their associations...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:03:59 PM by Thistle » Logged

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 05:02:23 PM »

The Spanish delegation is headed by the Economic Minister, and it's not a big priority for the Government/PM.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 05:09:51 PM »

Thank you Clara for you "Spanish" insight!  Star

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 05:12:34 PM »

You're welcome PeDe  Curtsey Star
Besides, Felipe will be tomorrow in Riyadh, so he'll probably leave tonight, and Fridays are usually the day when he has his weekly meetings with the PM, it's very unlikely that he can be in two places (Madrid/Riyadh-Davos) at once  Wink

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 05:15:46 PM »

DM is famous for writing some silly fan faction Cool They wished he and Letizia would go! Letizia articles are quite popular, that would bring them some readers Lolipop

ETA: Pictures of Haakon, Mette Marit, Albert, Andrew and Princess Haya in Davos

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:25:40 PM by Thistle » Logged

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 07:31:11 PM »

I don´t exactly know if Máxima has attended before, but last year there was a message of Máxima shown in Davos

http://www.wfp.org/stories/davos-2014-blog
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 07:40:41 PM »

Events like this, mingling with the worlds who is who, are IMo one of the biggest perks of being a top dog royal. That and getting to play with precious stones...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 07:59:17 PM »

afaik Max hasn't attended before but Mabel, Philippe and Mathilde have.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 08:32:44 PM »

Rania's face looks all weird and lopsided and plasticky and Botoxed to the max in that photo of her.  Yikes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: