Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William & Kate News IV  (Read 1062253 times)
seeingstars85

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5670 on: January 20, 2016, 03:47:26 AM »

knowing Kate wanting to be like Diana i'm sure she will

Selena 1971-1995
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #5671 on: January 20, 2016, 06:12:04 AM »

That was literally what I thought of, besides the diamond controversy, when they first announced the India tour.. I'm surprised they're going; I truly hope no one gets unruly when they're there

Why?

India is the largest country in the Commonwealth - the largest democracy in the world as well. They will shortly host the T20 Cricket World Cup where the English team will be a well-supported competitor (that competition is on from the 8th March to 3rd April - not expecting that William would attend a match as he doesn't seem to have any interest but then again if he is in India during the competition is it possible that he could go to a match, especially if England end up playing India in a semi-final or the final on 30th/31st March of 3rd April for the final).

The invitation for a royal visit would have been sent by the Indian government. Charles and Camilla, Andrew, Edward and Sophie have all visited in recent years with no one getting unruly so why expect something different just because it is William and Kate?

Most Indians I know have a double edged issue with British colonisation as they can see both the good and the bad sides of that time in their history but the fact that India has remained on excellent terms with Britain since Independence says a lot about how that is seen within India itself.

It actually - IMO and as someone of Indian extraction - shows the exquisite forgiveness of Indians towards the British, who happily pillaged and subjugated the population and then left when there was nothing left to plough.

Thankfully, the tenacity of the Indian spirit has meant that, in 70 years since the British deserted, the Indians are yanking themselves up and becoming a powerhouse in the modern world.  It says alot about their resilience.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5672 on: January 20, 2016, 06:30:47 AM »

I think if they visit, Will and Kate will be photographed together in front of the Taj Mahal to show that they are truly and deeply in love with each other.

Crawler

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5673 on: January 20, 2016, 07:58:32 AM »

I disagree there are ways to highlight mental health or tell ones story without being exploited. If Kate went around making speeches or took some courses in Psychology so she could say more than "One has to stand after they fall".

I didn't read the Guardian story because I am not going to make mental health about one child.

She has been in a center which is different from the real world with some smart alec standing on every corner. If this child has been progressing as long as you say then it really has nothing to do with W&K.

Your complete erasure of this woman's voice and agency is deeply troubling to me. I am sorry, but just because she is saying nice things about someone you don't like doesn't make her any less competent to speak out. She has obviously decided to use her voice to advocate for other youth facing similar issues. She is grateful to W/K and I think to demean her words simply because of her illness is shameful. We need more voices of youth who feel empowered to speak up about their conditions to help break down the stigmas you are exemplifying. One of the worst things about mental illness, especially for children, is the isolation one feels and the lack of agency and voice. I am not trying to defend W/K, but am trying to value this young woman's voice and her feelings. If she is grateful to W/K, so be it.

If this post calls offense, that isn't my intent; but I find this sort of rhetoric to be deeply problematic.

I am taking a break from this topic because it sits too close to me to not become overly emotional.

Yes your post is offensive because I did not erase anyone's voice just because I chose not to read your article. Childrens mental health should not be highlighted by exploitation by anyone including this girl who apparently runs to the press with her story a lot.

Kate will do this childrens charity the same as she has done with her other childrens charities. She will show up wearing her security blanket that is all the extensions and wiglets she calls hair she will wave say something that is meaningless and then go away for months at a time. We have all seen it happen so many times I have lost track of how many times.

I also think it is offensive to dismiss someones opinion by stating it is all because they don't like W&K. Maybe just maybe they have a different outlook than you personally do.
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #5674 on: January 20, 2016, 09:23:44 AM »

^ Star  Yes

I also think it is offensive to dismiss someones opinion by stating it is all because they don't like W&K. Maybe just maybe they have a different outlook than you personally do.

^my pet peeve  Snore  Thumb up
Crawler

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5675 on: January 20, 2016, 03:31:01 PM »

Thank you Rogue   Beer

I think they could highlight mental health better by talking about the different illnesses that children suffer, talk about the treatments and programs they go through or even the medications that are needed. I see no reason for the mentally ill children to be exploited in order to get the message out.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #5676 on: January 20, 2016, 05:26:03 PM »

Well said. Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #5677 on: January 20, 2016, 05:35:22 PM »

That was literally what I thought of, besides the diamond controversy, when they first announced the India tour.. I'm surprised they're going; I truly hope no one gets unruly when they're there

Why?

India is the largest country in the Commonwealth - the largest democracy in the world as well. They will shortly host the T20 Cricket World Cup where the English team will be a well-supported competitor (that competition is on from the 8th March to 3rd April - not expecting that William would attend a match as he doesn't seem to have any interest but then again if he is in India during the competition is it possible that he could go to a match, especially if England end up playing India in a semi-final or the final on 30th/31st March of 3rd April for the final).

The invitation for a royal visit would have been sent by the Indian government. Charles and Camilla, Andrew, Edward and Sophie have all visited in recent years with no one getting unruly so why expect something different just because it is William and Kate?

Most Indians I know have a double edged issue with British colonisation as they can see both the good and the bad sides of that time in their history but the fact that India has remained on excellent terms with Britain since Independence says a lot about how that is seen within India itself.

Oh yes.  I'm sure they just looooooooooved their colonial overlords.  I'm sure it was all sunshine and happiness and good will and fun times all around.   Crap  I have a history degree and revisionist history makes me want to vomit.  There's no place for that on this board, IMO.  It's insulting and flat-out wrong to claim that anybody sees "the good side" in being colonized. 

But don't worry, kids.  Those terrible savages will behave nicely for these superior royals.  They know their place. 

DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #5678 on: January 20, 2016, 05:42:45 PM »

Well said. Star

Star Crawler. I agree with EAH. Well said  Thumb up

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5679 on: January 20, 2016, 05:46:58 PM »

Star Crawler Champagne Beer

Winnifred
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5680 on: January 20, 2016, 07:23:08 PM »

I disagree there are ways to highlight mental health or tell ones story without being exploited. If Kate went around making speeches or took some courses in Psychology so she could say more than "One has to stand after they fall".

I didn't read the Guardian story because I am not going to make mental health about one child.

She has been in a center which is different from the real world with some smart alec standing on every corner. If this child has been progressing as long as you say then it really has nothing to do with W&K.

Your complete erasure of this woman's voice and agency is deeply troubling to me. I am sorry, but just because she is saying nice things about someone you don't like doesn't make her any less competent to speak out. She has obviously decided to use her voice to advocate for other youth facing similar issues. She is grateful to W/K and I think to demean her words simply because of her illness is shameful. We need more voices of youth who feel empowered to speak up about their conditions to help break down the stigmas you are exemplifying. One of the worst things about mental illness, especially for children, is the isolation one feels and the lack of agency and voice. I am not trying to defend W/K, but am trying to value this young woman's voice and her feelings. If she is grateful to W/K, so be it.

If this post calls offense, that isn't my intent; but I find this sort of rhetoric to be deeply problematic.

I am taking a break from this topic because it sits too close to me to not become overly emotional.

Star

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #5681 on: January 20, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »

Why?

Oh yes.  I'm sure they just looooooooooved their colonial overlords.  I'm sure it was all sunshine and happiness and good will and fun times all around.   Crap  I have a history degree and revisionist history makes me want to vomit.  There's no place for that on this board, IMO.  It's insulting and flat-out wrong to claim that anybody sees "the good side" in being colonized.  

But don't worry, kids.  Those terrible savages will behave nicely for these superior royals.  They know their place.  

To be fair, there were good and bad times.  Bad times when the British arrived and proceeded to ritually humiliate the Indians.  Good times when the British finally ran back to the motherland.  India has progressed far faster under its own steam than it ever did when the British had their boots metaphorically and literally crushing Indian necks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:16:04 PM by freethespoon » Logged

You can call me TrollSpoon.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #5682 on: January 20, 2016, 09:18:22 PM »

Why?

Oh yes.  I'm sure they just looooooooooved their colonial overlords.  I'm sure it was all sunshine and happiness and good will and fun times all around.   Crap  I have a history degree and revisionist history makes me want to vomit.  There's no place for that on this board, IMO.  It's insulting and flat-out wrong to claim that anybody sees "the good side" in being colonized.  

But don't worry, kids.  Those terrible savages will behave nicely for these superior royals.  They know their place.  

To be fair, there were good and bad times.  Bad times when the British arrived and proceeded to ritually humiliate the Indians.  Good times when the British finally ran back to the motherland.  India has progressed far faster under its own steam than it ever did when the British had their boots metaphorically and literally crushing Indian necks.

You mean they didn't welcome these "civilized" superiors with open arms?  They didn't beg them to stay and continue to pass on civilization?  I'm shocked.  Shocked, I tell you!  Here I was thinking it was all tea and fun times and becoming best friends forever.  Gosh.  Thankfully I've got my Uncle Remus tales to comfort myself with, safe in the knowledge that at least somewhere there were some very happy people of color who just loved being subjugated.  

What kind of a world are we living in where these people just aren't grateful to be shown the ways of civilization?  They should be thankful the superior peoples came over to their God-forsaken hellhole to teach them how to function.  They should have been grateful to give up their property, businesses and freedom in exchange for funding the Saxe-Coburg-Gothas, I mean Windsors, and their subjects who came in and took everything they could take.  I tell you, society has gone to hell in a hand basket.  

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5683 on: January 20, 2016, 10:26:28 PM »

While I agree with Crawler, that IMO Whiny and Waity couldn't give a rodent's badonkadonk for any of the children they so represent as Patrons of the Charities and simply use them for PR and a better humanitarian reputation, I also see where wisdomheaven is coming from.
None of us knows this young girl of course and so we can only speculate as to the extent of her ability to decide and act for herself. But I certainly would give her the benefit of doubt and assume that she is indeed able to comprehend the consequences of her actions. And in such I do applaud her for her bravery to not only voice her needs and concerns for herself but also to shed light on the subject matter. And I do think that mentioning Kate in a speech of gratitude is not a bad move, considering that Kate's public reputation is still rather good and by linking Kate to her plight the young lady can be sure to get the yellow press attention.
Rather smart move IMO, and in all fairness, could have been done even without a shred of honest gratitude present. (which however we do not know and can again just speculate on)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Crawler

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5684 on: January 20, 2016, 10:54:55 PM »

The article I read did nothing but praise W&K. I wish I could see how praising one visit can help mentally ill children but I just don't.

It sounds like one of those PR stories Jason puts out to show how hard working and dedicated W&K are to me.
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: