Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles - news & photos II  (Read 84106 times)
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: April 03, 2017, 01:55:52 AM »

^Oops... I don't go on this thread often enough to have known that, but I know now... it won't happen again  Blink                                  
OKRoyalWatcher

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: April 06, 2017, 03:46:54 PM »

Opinions on this New Yorker piece on Charles.  http://www.newyorker.com/...rong?mbid=social_facebook
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »

I thought it was great! Nuanced and didn't take an obvious position, although I imagine it will be too negative fo his fans and too sympathetic for his haters. I was just coming here to share it.

Over the years, Charles has set up some twenty charities reflecting the range of his Bouvard-and-P?cuchet-like investigations. He has written several books, including ?Harmony,? a treatise arguing that ?the Westernized world has become far too firmly framed by a mechanistic approach to science.? He has sent thousands of letters to government ministers?known as the ?black spider memos,? for the urgent scrawl of his handwriting?on matters ranging from school meals and alternative medicine to the brand of helicopters used by British soldiers in Iraq and the plight of the Patagonian toothfish. He has given countless speeches: to British businessmen, on their poor business practices; to educators, on the folly of omitting Shakespeare from the national curriculum; to architects, on the horridness of tall modern buildings; and so on.

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: April 08, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »

Opinions on this New Yorker piece on Charles.  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/04/10/where-prince-charles-went-wrong?mbid=social_facebook

Great minds OKRoyalWatcher!  Star
You beat me to it.

I think this is an excellent piece! It can be transferred to other Crown Princes' and the fog of delusion they are raised under.

I think this is why I like Victoria so much, I think her brother was continued to be raised under the "you can do no wrong, and you are the best" delusion, even after he was moved down a notch while Victoria sought a more authentic life and surrounds herself with people she trusts.
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: April 26, 2017, 06:17:35 PM »

I thought it was great! Nuanced and didn't take an obvious position, although I imagine it will be too negative fo his fans and too sympathetic for his haters. I was just coming here to share it.

Over the years, Charles has set up some twenty charities reflecting the range of his Bouvard-and-P?cuchet-like investigations. He has written several books, including ?Harmony,? a treatise arguing that ?the Westernized world has become far too firmly framed by a mechanistic approach to science.? He has sent thousands of letters to government ministers?known as the ?black spider memos,? for the urgent scrawl of his handwriting?on matters ranging from school meals and alternative medicine to the brand of helicopters used by British soldiers in Iraq and the plight of the Patagonian toothfish. He has given countless speeches: to British businessmen, on their poor business practices; to educators, on the folly of omitting Shakespeare from the national curriculum; to architects, on the horridness of tall modern buildings; and so on.

Good gracious, he certainly seems like a know-it-all! Also funny how he seems to be criticizing everyone (at least in these examples provided from the article): Criticizing business people, teachers, architects, and also telling politicians what to do. Remind me...when did he get advanced degrees in business, education, architecture, and political science?!

Dial it down, old man. Why does he feel the need to tell everyone else what to do? Oh yeah, he won the vagina lottery...he must know more than the experts  Roll Eyes

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: May 04, 2017, 08:43:45 PM »

A TV adaptation of the play "King Charles III" is on TV in the U.K. next week:

http://www.radiotimes.com...-scenes-in-new-bbc2-drama

The late Tim Pigott-Smith, who sadly died recently, plays the title role.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Mary Stuart

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: May 09, 2017, 05:24:12 PM »

Charles and Camilla are in Northern Ireland for today and tomorrow and in the Republic of Ireland on May 11th and 12th.
The visit was embargoed due to security concerns.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2017, 06:21:49 PM »

Opinions on this New Yorker piece on Charles.  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/04/10/where-prince-charles-went-wrong?mbid=social_facebook

You beat me to it.

I think this is an excellent piece! It can be transferred to other Crown Princes' and the fog of delusion they are raised under.

I think this is why I like Victoria so much, I think her brother was continued to be raised under the "you can do no wrong, and you are the best" delusion, even after he was moved down a notch while Victoria sought a more authentic life and surrounds herself with people she trusts.

My initial thought on the article was how outdated the protocols were for the monarchy which viewed itself much like the kings and queens did centuries before. In the end the sensitive boy has proved to be wiser than anyone thought, bold in expressing his opinions, and determined to make a difference in the world, embracing many cultures. Most importantly the man who was lampooned for talking to plants turned out to be a Renaissance man, ahead of his time on environmental issues. Perhaps having to wait to be king allowed him to become authentic and true to himself. JMO.
KimmySue

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: May 09, 2017, 07:00:20 PM »

Good post

I agree Hibou.  Star
Lizardcandy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2017, 08:10:52 PM »

You beat me to it.

My initial thought on the article was how outdated the protocols were for the monarchy which viewed itself much like the kings and queens did centuries before. In the end the sensitive boy has proved to be wiser than anyone thought, bold in expressing his opinions, and determined to make a difference in the world, embracing many cultures. Most importantly the man who was lampooned for talking to plants turned out to be a Renaissance man, ahead of his time on environmental issues. Perhaps having to wait to be king allowed him to become authentic and true to himself. JMO.

its a real shame he believes in nonsense like magic homeopathic water-I cant bring myself to take him seriously at all.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: May 10, 2017, 12:53:29 AM »

You beat me to it.

its a real shame he believes in nonsense like magic homeopathic water-I cant bring myself to take him seriously at all.

I used to think alternative medicine was hocus pocus until my daughter got Lyme disease with co-infections and western medicine failed. I found myself in the hands of a very good alternative medicine man who helped my daughter immensely. After that I've looked at things with an open mind. Charles has always been ahead of the curve on this kind of stuff so homeopathic water is just coming into it's own because different types of water contain different types of minerals so depending on your medical problems it could actually help. Western medicine eventually catches up. It's the same when Charles was lampooned about environmental concerns 40 years ago. JMO.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2017, 12:54:04 AM »

Good post

I agree Hibou.  Star

Thanks!
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

New money SHOUTS -> -> old money whispers

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: May 10, 2017, 03:33:57 AM »

You beat me to it.

Star

lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: May 10, 2017, 07:33:05 PM »

You beat me to it.

I used to think alternative medicine was hocus pocus until my daughter got Lyme disease with co-infections and western medicine failed. I found myself in the hands of a very good alternative medicine man who helped my daughter immensely. After that I've looked at things with an open mind. Charles has always been ahead of the curve on this kind of stuff so homeopathic water is just coming into it's own because different types of water contain different types of minerals so depending on your medical problems it could actually help. Western medicine eventually catches up. It's the same when Charles was lampooned about environmental concerns 40 years ago. JMO.

We do need to realize homeopathic medicine can and does play a large part
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2017, 09:30:45 AM »

You beat me to it.

We do need to realize homeopathic medicine can and does play a large part

Personally, I'm not convinced of the effects of homeopathic remedies. That is not to say that I disapprove of herbs and the like. Several herbs have proved being beneficial

To me homoepathics are usually 100% shaken water  where something has ever flown over or walked by.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: