Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles - news & photos II  (Read 174984 times)
BaronSulney

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2015, 06:27:54 PM »

Anyone else excited to see what's in Prince Charles's letters to Parliment? They'll be released in about 10 min.

Nothing I don't think myself half the time. He's a monarch that cares. He isn't meddling in any way and is merely expressing his opinions. Don't know why he fought 10 years to have them hushed IMO as there is nothing incriminating in them.

From what I've seen on Twitter so far, they're making him more popular (standing up for troops abroad etc.)
Lady G

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2015, 08:05:15 PM »

It looks like this has backfired on the Grauniad spectacularly  - which I can't help but laugh at. And hands up who even knew of the plight of the Patagonian Toothfish before Charles highlighted it for us?  Wink

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Gabby/gabs87

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2015, 08:50:21 PM »

Supercontent hands up I didn't haha. It really just proved to me he really cares as a future monarch of this country. He'll be an asset when he gets the throne IMO (that's if David Cameron can keep the country from ripping itself apart)
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2015, 08:58:34 PM »

I am greatly amused this backfired big time on The Guardian. Sometimes, yes, he does meddle, which is unfortunate, but I think it comes from the best of intentions and like any of us, we can write our representatives/govt officials--why can't he? He isn't the monarch and has said time and time again he knows he will put up and shut up as king. However, now he has the right to speak. No matter one's opinions of his personal life and problems I think it's be disingenuous to say he does not care. I think he cares too much. I hope he can become king before too long (not saying I want Lizzie to kick the bucket or anything! I just want Charles to have his time, you know?).

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2015, 10:31:44 PM »

IMO, everyone is allowed to have an opinion, including Charles. And I'm glad he isn't afraid of speaking up, especially for the troops.

And, IMO, I don't see the harm in him giving his opinion, especially since it seems to come from the best of intentions. Now if he were off his rocker and begging for the PM to bomb Scotland or something ("How dare they revolt against us!!!") then... Tongue

hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2015, 10:39:26 PM »

As I read these letters, I think that Charles has the right idea. He has created a niche for himself and for the future of the position he occupies to become a lobbyist. But what he lobbies are the charities and the armed forces that he represents. I admire that he fights for that. I think him and Anne have the same mindset about their position in this manner and it's important to see how royals can hold themselves accountable as well as the politicians they often converse with.

I personally really liked how he made sure to request a written letter back from the politicians he wrote to despite the Freedom Information Act. It shows me that he wanted to make sure that government officials were just as accountable to their words as he was, instead of just conversing on a passing whim. He has carved out a checks-and-balance to the position which has caused various politicians to speak out against him due to the pressure he applies on them to do the right or fair thing. I suspect that we will be hearing about this type of behavior for the next 50 years with information slowly trickling out.

Unfortunately, by this type of behavior, he threatens the position of monarch by demanding a voice and he threatens HM's way of doing things. It won't be a bad thing when he becomes monarch, but until he becomes monarch, his insistence on holding people to their word becomes a threat to the status quo. So, I understand why he has had to do things the way he has had to do them. It does not make it right or fair, but, my understanding of Charles' work method is "damned if you damned if you don't, so you might as well do".

He has become quite the enigma, esp at juggling different projects and works with people and that absolutely fascinates me. It is clear to me that he mentors Harry a lot behind the scenes. I would love to pick his brain--I think it would be absolutely astounding. I think he has learned often times you have to deal with the people lobbying the government officials rather than the just the officials, and that must be frustrating to no end, esp when they attempt to pigeonhole him.

I personally think it is great that he shows how seriously he takes his representation of his charities, projects and armed forces. But this type of favoritism will not do well when he becomes monarch, as he is suppose to represent everyone. Based on that, I do not think that his first 100 days in office will be smooth sailing. His first year might be very bumpy indeed.

If you don't know, now you know. -Notorious B.I.G.
Crawler

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2015, 10:40:31 PM »

The Guardian said Charles was sending letters to Ministers expressing his personal opinions and the letters show that he did that.

Charles's views should not be given anymore notice than they would give to any citizen since he is claiming that he is just expressing his opinion as everyone else did.

Charles allowed the government to waste a lot of money to cover up something that didn't need covering up.
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »

The Guardian said Charles was sending letters to Ministers expressing his personal opinions and the letters show that he did that.

Charles's views should not be given anymore notice than they would give to any citizen since he is claiming that he is just expressing his opinion as everyone else did.

Charles allowed the government to waste a lot of money to cover up something that didn't need covering up.

ITA. However, if these letters had shown up in 2005, they would have obliterated his PR.

People like hearing about stuff like this, esp as Charles mostly fights for the underdog. It is a fine line to walk but if he were to set up so his offices publishes his letters and the responses he gets, so there is transparency, it would def. remove the roadblock of "interfering POW". I would rather he be held accountable in a court of public opinion so people can make up their own minds rather than just hearing from some bitter politician that he is interfering and will not be able to do his job as monarch. But that's just IMHO.

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2015, 11:04:24 PM »

His PR person attacked a journalist today who dared ask Charles a question  Dead

https://youtu.be/FfiNejDbOHc

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2015, 11:08:17 PM »

JMO but if someone were lobbying to have my personal correspondence made public I'd fight tooth and nail too, even if it were innocent stuff. Wink

His PR person attacked a journalist today who dared ask Charles a question  Dead

Overkill, love! Roll Eyes You should have just kept on walking... you know... like your boss was! Snare

Lady G

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2015, 11:25:38 PM »

JMO but if someone were lobbying to have my personal correspondence made public I'd fight tooth and nail too, even if it were innocent stuff. Wink

His PR person attacked a journalist today who dared ask Charles a question  Dead

Overkill, love! Roll Eyes You should have just kept on walking... you know... like your boss was! Snare

Hmm, this seems to happen to Crick on a regular basis - he wouldn't be goading people into physically altercations now, would he?  Thinking

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2015, 12:22:07 AM »

It seems to be the dream of a lot of journalists to get people to attack them so it wouldn't surprise me if this dude is purposely stepping on toes to get a reaction, even a violent one. Dead

Crawler

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2015, 12:41:13 AM »

ITA. However, if these letters had shown up in 2005, they would have obliterated his PR.

People like hearing about stuff like this, esp as Charles mostly fights for the underdog. It is a fine line to walk but if he were to set up so his offices publishes his letters and the responses he gets, so there is transparency, it would def. remove the roadblock of "interfering POW". I would rather he be held accountable in a court of public opinion so people can make up their own minds rather than just hearing from some bitter politician that he is interfering and will not be able to do his job as monarch. But that's just IMHO.

That would be nice but the reporters are doing the same thing but on the other end of the spectrum.
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2015, 12:46:30 AM »

not all journalist are bad. Even the one that was interviewed on BBC mentioned that Michael Crick often goes overboard even by his own standards. There are a few tenacious ones that seem to think being a bully works; however, Charles should know to navigate better by now. His PR person embarrassed herself and her boss.

I don't understand what privacy Charles expects in public places at times like this.

I am of the opinion that generally speaking there are only three things you keep private: your sex life, your income and your next move. Everything else is fair game. That is just the world we live in.

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2015, 12:48:39 AM »

Congrats Hazeleyes!!!
 Beer  Banana
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: