Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Henrik strikes again: "I should be king Consort"  (Read 11017 times)
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Emerald for May

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 11:04:35 PM »

Etiquette and pecking order can be changed as the Dutch royals did, like fairy said.
Why not giving a male consort the King's title and naming him right after his reigning wife, exactly like a female in his place would be titled ? Instead of "The Queen and the Prince Consort" it could just be "The Queen and the King", in that order.
As pointed on the sugars, should Fred become King while Henrik is still alive, poor Henrik could even be outranked by little Athena because she is royal-born  Sad And even after Mosh , she being the King's wife:dead:
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 04:33:44 AM »

Though as I said before: He has a point.
This is the age of emanzipation and it seems utterly unfair to make a woman consort a Queen while the male consort remains a prince.
Years ago, the dutch changed their rules so that consorts no matter what gender remain princes(ses), the heir no matter what gender would carry the title Prince(ss) of Orange etc. (Wimlex is the first in 4 generations to carry that title, neither Wilhelmina nor Juliana nor Beatrix ever did, even though with both Wilhelmina and Juliana there was no hope that there would ever be a male heir)
I thought that was a fair and modern way to go.
Unfortunately they didn't reckon with Maxima's ego and there went the gender equality.

He does have a point, and his point would stand if (BIG IF) the institution of the monarchy was not patriarchal to begin with. Since Denmark is a constitutional monarchy, the role of the monarchy is referred to as Konge (or King). It's not equal to women to begin with, and it just so happened that Marge came on the throne. So if Henrik wanted equality in the name of the monarchy, he should strive to have it changed as an institution. But he doesn't; he simply wants to change what diminishes his ego. Furthermore, if he were to be King Consort, it would imply he is the heir apparent (as Queen Victoria tried to do with Prince Albert) and therefore would be in line for the throne. He doesn't just want the title of King Consort, he also wants to change the Danish Act of Succession of 1953--that is acting as an absolute monarch by disregarding the laws of the country and its parliament.

If you don't know, now you know. -Notorious B.I.G.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »

And just because of Yrma, he should have been King Consort. Although, she'll be Queen Consort when Fred ascends to the throne, she'll be handled as Queen, instead of Queen Consort.

I would have loved to have seen Henrik getting the title, just to make sure, that every spouse of a Danish ruler will be publicly addressed with XXX Consort

Tongue

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 07:46:42 PM »

And just because of Yrma, he should have been King Consort. Although, she'll be Queen Consort when Fred ascends to the throne, she'll be handled as Queen, instead of Queen Consort.

I would have loved to have seen Henrik getting the title, just to make sure, that every spouse of a Danish ruler will be publicly addressed with XXX Consort

Tongue

I have no problem with Henrik being given the title "Queen Consort".  It would suit him nicely, IMO.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 07:47:50 PM »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Star

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »

Star

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 08:10:27 PM »

This happened during the press conference to the Dutch press before the upcoming state visit by WaxMax Crazy hazeleyes called us to this on the Marge and Henrik news topic, and since then several articles were published about it in Denmark... Poor Marge Crap It was so embarrassing...

The cover of BT today:

Big no no
Margrethe embarrassment: Shocks during TV interview

Therefore, Henrik can't control himself

Friend Erik Brandt: It has passed him on for many years

An article in English:

http://www.thelocal.dk/20...e-henrik-i-should-be-king

Prince Consort Henrik: 'I should be king'

In an interview with Dutch TV, Prince Consort Henrik said he will never accept nor understand why he's not seen as an equal partner to Queen Margrethe.

Speaking to Dutch public television, Prince Consort Henrik expressed his frustration and disbelief that Denmark refuses to recognize him as an equal to his wife, Queen Margrethe II.

“I have always said that I should be a partner, but I am not considered as a partner because I’m not on the same level as my wife which is completely ununderstandable [sic],” Henrik told NOS.

“All the queens in the history of the world have made their husbands king consort. Why should I be under my wife?” he asked incredulously as Queen Margrethe seemed to display a ‘there he goes again’ smirk.

Indeed, this is far from the first time that Prince Consort Henrik has aired this complaint.

In 2002, when Margrethe was too ill to greet guests at a New Year’s event, the Royal House opted to have Crown Prince Frederik act as host. Henrik, upset about being upstaged by his own son, vocally complained that he wasn't allowed to receive guests in “his own home”.

In a follow-up interview with BT, he said he felt humiliated to be relegated to third-place status behind his wife and son.

His interview with NOS revealed that Henrik still hasn’t gotten over it.

“That’s life, I accept it – no, I don’t accept it! I will never accept it,” he said to his wife’s laughs.

“Why suddenly [do] you have to copy an exception made by England 200 years ago? Why should Denmark copy England and not copy Spain or Scotland?” he continued, before Queen Margrethe gave him a tap on the back that seemed to be his signal to wrap up the rant.

The 80-year-old Prince Consul Henrik has long been the butt of jokes amongst many Danes who rib him for his Danish, which they say is spoken with a thick French accent.

You can see the clip (in English) on TV2’s website.

The video from NOS: http://nos.nl/artikel/201...aren-geen-verrassing.html

TV2 video: http://go.tv2.dk/underhol...-at-vaere-under-margrethe

Icecream I'm glad the media reacted ! 

Tongue

I have no problem with Henrik being given the title "Queen Consort".  It would suit him nicely, IMO.

Good idea ! We should start a world-wide petition for Henrik to get the title of "Queen consort" !  Laugh bounce

Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 08:31:07 PM »

Without marrying Marge, he'd be a no-name ersatz count of Montpezat that nobody gave a damn about.

I'm pretty sure Philip would tell him to shut the hell up. I don't think Dame has the ability to be freakin' grateful for anything.

He's a selfish, horrible person anyway. Bah.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 08:32:19 PM »

Without marrying Marge, he'd be a no-name ersatz count of Montpezat that nobody gave a damn about.

I'm pretty sure Philip would tell him to shut the hell up. I don't think Dame has the ability to be freakin' grateful for anything.

Actually, he wouldn't even be a Count of Monpezat.  Marge created that title for him.  He wasn't a titled person until he met Marge. 

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 08:36:24 PM »

But king Hendrik sounds fun  Whistle. Or they could decide that only the reigning monarch will be Queen/King and the spouse will be prince/princess forever (would love to see Mary's face  Spiteful)
Jonathan

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 08:44:45 PM »

Tongue

Star

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
esther angeline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 08:48:36 PM »

Tongue
Pix, you owe me a new iPad.  I just spat out a mouthful of  mushy Oreos on the screen.   Star

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »

Tongue
Pix, you owe me a new iPad.  I just spat out a mouthful of  mushy Oreos on the screen.   Star

I'm sorry, EA! Beer Star

Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 09:34:37 PM »

Actually, he wouldn't even be a Count of Monpezat.  Marge created that title for him.  He wasn't a titled person until he met Marge. 

Not quite true. From Wiki, with the usual 'caveat emptor' for the information below -

On 30 April 2008, shortly before the wedding of his younger son, Prince Joachim, to Marie Cavallier, the title "Count of Monpezat" (Danish: Greve af Monpezat) was conferred by the Queen on both of her sons, and made hereditary for their male-line descendants, both male and female.[4] The Queen's Private Secretary Henning Fode commented, "The Queen and the Prince Consort have considered this for quite some time, and it has led to the belief that it was the right thing to do."[4]

In fact, Henrik had mentioned this possibility as long ago as 1996, in his published memoir, "During our generation the future sovereign will perhaps receive approval to see 'Monpezat' added to the dynastic name of 'Oldenburg-Glücksburg'".[5] While being interviewed by the French weekly Point de Vue in October 2005, Henrik raised the issue shortly after the birth of Crown Prince Frederik's first son, Prince Christian, who is expected to inherit the Danish crown one day: "It also makes him very proud and happy that Monpezat will be added to this small grandson's future name as Prince of Denmark. 'It is a great joy for me that his French roots will also be remembered.'"[6] Although no announcement was made at that time, Prince Christian does now include (part of) his French grandfather's surname among his hereditary titles. The grant does not extend this Danish comital title to Henrik himself.

Bolding mine.

So, what I stated still stands: he would be "just" Henri de Laborde de Monpezat (not even comte!) without his marriage to Marge, with a questionable link to French nobility and a pretentious nobody. Better? Smiley

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 09:36:43 PM »

He'll always be the Lord of Marzipan

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: