Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Henrik strikes again: "I should be king Consort"  (Read 14557 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2015, 12:25:24 AM »

So do I.

Me three.

hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2015, 12:27:38 AM »

i think Henrik has a point.....

He has a point-it should be gender neutral if things are to be truly egalitarian in terms of spouse titles.  My problem is that he used the most inappropriate time to try to discuss this.  He showed no tact or class and came off as a whiny jackass.  

It shows what his priorities are. And they have nothing to do with trying to do what is best for the country, or its people. His comments have given me an insight into his thoughts and make me beg the question of whether or not he thinks that the country owes him the title because he has been there for so long, rather than him using the title (should he get it) to put Demark on a pedestal when meeting with other consorts.

If you don't know, now you know. -Notorious B.I.G.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2015, 02:25:44 PM »

He sort of has a point but I'm thinking it's accidental Beer See, we could change things and make them genderneutral by making Mary princess consort when Fred takes the throne Champagne Now, that's obviously NOT what Henrik wants. He wants the titel for himself. Ridiculously man.
Curtains

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2015, 03:50:07 PM »

I don't get his or Marge's appeal? They are both so obnoxious.  No wonder Mary and Fred are popular, at least they have better teeth and wardrobe. 

Google pictures of their engagement and wedding pictures.  Henrik was VERY dishy and dashing and Marge looked like a woman who'd just had her ticket punched very, very thoroughly.

She got a man who treated her like a woman and a dirty woman, too - in the most fun way.  He got money and titles and the prospect of working very little for either. 

Even in later years, they celebrated this.  There was a statue that one bought for the other that showed a young couple, er, frolicking.  Marge's sexual entrancement with Henrik seems to have endured the years, not unlike Queen Victoria for Albert.

Henrik is right though - the title given to a consort should not have the appearance of equality with the sovereign in the case of a female consort but that much lesser for a male.  So, I think Marge should attend to this immediately with a proclamation that future consorts get a "lesser" title, just because it's so much more equal.   Spiteful

Sometimes I think Marge uses Henrik as her mouthpiece to get a message out there, start the conversation:  over-react but make the point.  Not too dissimilar to how Phillip "goes off" and while Elizabeth sort of sits in the background, a quiet change in conformance with the views stated by the husband is either already underway, or will be.

Gawd, what a total burn it would be on Not Queen Mary, to become Never Queen Mary.   Supercontent

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »

Never Queen Mary sounds magnificent!  Jumping

The appeal of The Queen and Henrik is MUCH bigger than that of the Derfs, IMO. And as for teeth... Derf actually has pretty bad teeth and Mosh's are fake. Daisy and Henri are true to who they are; they're eccentric, still madly in love, interested in culture and kinda nerdy, which I really appreciate in them. I have a certain soft spot for both lf them... The Derfs, nope. They're a couple of try hard wannabes.

perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2015, 06:27:32 PM »

He sort of has a point but I'm thinking it's accidental Beer See, we could change things and make them genderneutral by making Mary princess consort when Fred takes the throne Champagne Now, that's obviously NOT what Henrik wants. He wants the titel for himself. Ridiculously man.

BIB - isn't it Whistle  Seems like this could be a great get-out 
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2015, 11:15:01 PM »

Daisy was so embarrassed. Dang.  Sweating  She was thanking the Lord they put a glass of water in front of her.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2015, 11:27:01 PM »

Daisy was so embarrassed. Dang.  Sweating  She was thanking the Lord they put a glass of water in front of her.

She probably wanted to throw in Henrik's face.  I would have been tempted if I'd been in her shoes.
Roman Patrician

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2015, 11:44:03 PM »

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Gender neutrality is not his point. Being king, not even justing calling himself that, is what he wants. So he's pathetic just from that. Add in that he chose the most inappropriate moment to bring it up and his true character is shown  Dead
Alice

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2015, 05:43:37 AM »

I do think that Henrik should be king consort if Mary is going to be queen consort, especially now that Denmark has gender-neutral succession.

However, I find it amusing that Henrik, who is very attuned to inequality when it applies to himself, and who probably pushed for this absurd "Count of Monpezat" title grant for his sons for decades somehow missed the fatal flaw! Look at the info Lady Alice so kindly posted:

From Wiki, with the usual 'caveat emptor' for the information below -

On 30 April 2008, shortly before the wedding of his younger son, Prince Joachim, to Marie Cavallier, the title "Count of Monpezat" (Danish: Greve af Monpezat) was conferred by the Queen on both of her sons, and made hereditary for their male-line descendants, both male and female.[4] The Queen's Private Secretary Henning Fode commented, "The Queen and the Prince Consort have considered this for quite some time, and it has led to the belief that it was the right thing to do."

In fact, Henrik had mentioned this possibility as long ago as 1996, in his published memoir, "During our generation the future sovereign will perhaps receive approval to see 'Monpezat' added to the dynastic name of 'Oldenburg-Glücksburg'".

As soon as the Danish throne is passed down through a woman again, such as if Christian's eldest is a girl, the "Count of Monpezat" nonsense leaves the royal line!  Supercontent Henrik wants to be king consort but doesn't seem to have considered the possiblity of a future queen regnant! Also, notice that Henrik the hypocrite wants the family name to be "Oldenburg-Glücksburg-Monpezat", but he's made no mention of "Oldenburg-Glücksburg-Monpezat-Donaldson."
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2015, 12:19:55 AM »

Oldenburg-Glücksburg-Monpezat...absurd.

Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2015, 12:27:16 AM »

Heavens, said out loud it resembles nothing so much as a full suitcase tumbling down a very long staircase ...

Have the royals nothing better to do with their days than wonder what their names are?  Perhaps someone could fasten a "Hello, I am ..." label to their lapel and solve the mystery for them once and for all.  You know, like Paddington Bear (who, by the way, was a much, much classier character than those pompous idiots).
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2015, 12:51:18 AM »

Heavens, said out loud it resembles nothing so much as a full suitcase tumbling down a very long staircase ...

Laughing  Laughing  Star

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2015, 05:30:57 AM »

Gawd, what a total burn it would be on Not Queen Mary, to become Never Queen Mary.   Supercontent

[/quote]

Curtains, dear  HugStar

I'll bring a truck-loads of ice-cream to celebrate, shall I Icecream

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2015, 10:41:07 AM »

Have the royals nothing better to do with their days than wonder what their names are?  Perhaps someone could fasten a "Hello, I am ..." label to their lapel and solve the mystery for them once and for all.  You know, like Paddington Bear (who, by the way, was a much, much classier character than those pompous idiots).

Star Laugh bounce

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: