Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William the not so charming  (Read 259662 times)
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: February 15, 2019, 01:13:41 AM »

It's not about British humor, it's William is an ass and makes fun of others from his family, even his children, to make himself look better. Some of the things he has said, and people laugh over because nobody dares tell him different, is pretty nasty.
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2019, 05:56:14 AM »

It's not about British humor, it's William is an ass and makes fun of others from his family, even his children, to make himself look better. Some of the things he has said, and people laugh over because nobody dares tell him different, is pretty nasty.

🌟 🙌

Im English and Williams humour is often boorish and not funny, its nothing to do with different cultures its just down to him being an ass a lot of the time.  Remember Wimbledon a few years ago? Everyone laughed but he was a total arse that day.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: February 15, 2019, 08:51:34 AM »

🌟 🙌

Im English and Williams humour is often boorish and not funny, its nothing to do with different cultures its just down to him being an ass a lot of the time.  Remember Wimbledon a few years ago? Everyone laughed but he was a total arse that day.

Agree with you both.   Star  And Wimbledon was a shocker.  My first thought was that his mother would have been horrified that day. 

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: February 15, 2019, 09:14:44 AM »

LOL. Dutch an German are very much alike, imho. If it weren't for soccer, we would downright just love each other as nations, wouldn't we ?

You are correct  Thumb up At least IMO
Absolutely, apart from Soccer and a dutch Trailer ahead of you on the serpentines over the Alps.  Hug

A couple of years ago there was a fun action of Dutch going in too Germany with a caravan (Dutch trailer) shaped as a tank for the then soccer matches.

I was born and grew up in the east of the Netherlands. And during my studies and working life I was (and am) often near the Dutch-German border, including a lot of German colleagues, customers and suppliers. At the beginning a lot of the German contacts were rather stiff, hierarchy, but now it seems they are loosen up a hell more. And indeed many (dark or not) jokes fly by. At one of my former jobs there were some well educated German and Dutch colleagues, which both had a great interest in WWII, who could cheerfully argue and banter about it together (at a higher level then the "I want my bicycle back" Wink )

Personally I like the humor of English comedy such as Monty Python, Blackadder, Little Britain, Keeping up appearances etc. Heck, I can quote parts of it, often together with some people from my surroundings. But with regard to William....nope most of his so called humor doesn't work for me. As someone mentioned it he comes across akward, forced to be funny (or what he thinks will be funny).

Carreen

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: February 15, 2019, 05:12:07 PM »

I come from the other side of the border, some of my family and friends married Dutch or Belgians. In our area, we say the most certain way for a beggar to get a full hat of money is putting up a sign "Dutchman needs money to go home" :-D and I know the Dutch love us back fiiiiercely ;-)

I wonder William doesn't notice he's embarrassing himself? with his unfunny, sometimes passive-aggressive digs against family members.

SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: February 16, 2019, 03:49:20 AM »

I come from the other side of the border, some of my family and friends married Dutch or Belgians. In our area, we say the most certain way for a beggar to get a full hat of money is putting up a sign "Dutchman needs money to go home" :-D and I know the Dutch love us back fiiiiercely ;-)

I wonder William doesn't notice he's embarrassing himself? with his unfunny, sometimes passive-aggressive digs against family members.

The thing is, I genuinely think that William.does think he's being funny and his passive aggressive digs he probably views as "banter". I think he feels he's inherited the charisma from his parents, so he doesn't bother to try and improve his public persona, despite the fact he's inherited Jack squat of any charisma!
Carreen

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: February 22, 2019, 02:40:53 PM »

The sycophantic or embarrassed laughter that greets his remarks probably confirms his self-perception of a fun guy. Well, who knows how it feels to grow under such unusual circumstances? to have his every step and word analyzed and usually applauded? I hope he'll mellow with age ;-)
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: February 22, 2019, 02:57:11 PM »

The sycophantic or embarrassed laughter that greets his remarks probably confirms his self-perception of a fun guy. Well, who knows how it feels to grow under such unusual circumstances? to have his every step and word analyzed and usually applauded? I hope he'll mellow with age ;-)

I have always found people like this to be one of two things: either they are socially awkward (I remember Charles in his younger years and he was awkard) or arrogant. I don't find William arrogant in general.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: February 22, 2019, 03:59:49 PM »

I have always found people like this to be one of two things: either they are socially awkward (I remember Charles in his younger years and he was awkard) or arrogant. I don't find William arrogant in general.

I agree.  I myself can claim the socially awkward title yet I've been told that I can come off as intimidating, aloof and snobby.  I make jokes that I often think are hilarious but no one else does.  I also have a massive RBF which only further complicates the mess.  However, once I speak to someone they always find out that I am a truly awkward nerd.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: February 23, 2019, 12:56:56 AM »

I see William as totally arrogant. He is the Golden Boy who can do no wrong, and he will be vindictive if you don't give him his due. I think he comes across as an ass, not awkward like his father can be. The vibe is completely different, there's no interest or compassion with William for the most part. I think a lot of royals have that issue. When nobody tells you no and you're born with that golden spoon it's inevitable.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: February 23, 2019, 02:22:12 AM »

I see William as totally arrogant. He is the Golden Boy who can do no wrong, and he will be vindictive if you don't give him his due. I think he comes across as an ass, not awkward like his father can be. The vibe is completely different, there's no interest or compassion with William for the most part. I think a lot of royals have that issue. When nobody tells you no and you're born with that golden spoon it's inevitable.

I'm with you.  I reckon he's arrogant, and not a very nice person.  We don't know him, but Ken Wharfe did.  He has said of William: He was always a sly little boy, and now hes become arrogant and spoilt. I hear from people who work for William that he can be very difficult."  There are other quotes from Wharfe that can be found with a quick google.  And wasn't it an adult William who vetoed the staff's choice of a movie one holiday because he had seen it, but then didn't turn up to watch it?  In my opinion he's an arrogant,  spoilt man who couldn't give a damn about anyone else's feelings. He believes he is entitled to what he has, and doesn't feel the need to make a serious effort to even attempt to show he cares.  How could you stand up at an industry gathering attended by many Bollywood actors and admit you have never seen a Bollywood film, or admit you haven't read your briefing notes?   

Charles is a tad arrogant too, and I agree it is not surprising to be a bit that way when you are brought up with a golden spoon and knowing you are going to be king one day even if you do absolutely nothing to prepare yourself for that job, but Charles had a totally different personality from William's.  Charles cares passionately about people and his country's history and culture and the environment.  Charles works very hard trying to do good.  He has initiated projects that help people help both themselves and the country.  His projects have helping young people obtain work skills and he has provided opportunities for jobs.  He has helped disadvantaged young people enormously and he continues to do so.  And he had demonstrated these traits by the time he was William's age and had already achieved a lot by then.  People might have laughed at him for some of his ideas, but he took chances because he believed what he was doing was right, and a lot of what he was mocked for in the past has become mainstream thinking.   Charles would never have failed to read his briefing notes.  He would have stayed up all night doing so if needs be.
Princess MS

Warned
Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: February 23, 2019, 02:34:41 AM »

I'm with you.  I reckon he's arrogant, and not a very nice person.  We don't know him, but Ken Wharfe did.  He has said of William: He was always a sly little boy, and now hes become arrogant and spoilt. I hear from people who work for William that he can be very difficult."  There are other quotes from Wharfe that can be found with a quick google.  And wasn't it an adult William who vetoed the staff's choice of a movie one holiday because he had seen it, but then didn't turn up to watch it?  In my opinion he's an arrogant,  spoilt man who couldn't give a damn about anyone else's feelings. He believes he is entitled to what he has, and doesn't feel the need to make a serious effort to even attempt to show he cares.  How could you stand up at an industry gathering attended by many Bollywood actors and admit you have never seen a Bollywood film, or admit you haven't read your briefing notes?   

Charles is a tad arrogant too, and I agree it is not surprising to be a bit that way when you are brought up with a golden spoon and knowing you are going to be king one day even if you do absolutely nothing to prepare yourself for that job, but Charles had a totally different personality from William's.  Charles cares passionately about people and his country's history and culture and the environment.  Charles works very hard trying to do good.  He has initiated projects that help people help both themselves and the country.  His projects have helping young people obtain work skills and he has provided opportunities for jobs.  He has helped disadvantaged young people enormously and he continues to do so.  And he had demonstrated these traits by the time he was William's age and had already achieved a lot by then.  People might have laughed at him for some of his ideas, but he took chances because he believed what he was doing was right, and a lot of what he was mocked for in the past has become mainstream thinking.   Charles would never have failed to read his briefing notes.  He would have stayed up all night doing so if needs be.

Yes indeed - he was ahead of his time on environmental issues, town planning etc. And no way would he have shown up not bothering to read his briefing notes or research anything related. Willnot's mother also made of point of being well briefed. This guy is just laziness personafied.
LucyintheSky

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: February 23, 2019, 04:00:09 AM »

I think William may act idiotic but he’s got a greater sense of duty ( not royal but as a person) to the extent that his  fastidious overly coddled upbringing, with stubborn my way or the highway parents, showed him what *not* to do in his own relationships. ESP w. Kate. Once he proposed. He’s a carer iof people he knows and trusts. To me, it was clear at his wedding. He’s trying to make his hungover/still drunk brother focus.
I’m not a William sugar. I’m less a  Harry sugar after the 2016 cupping bananagate letter came out.
If I look at videos of them two being with people on their “visits”or “duties” William is more of a listener while Harry is more of a looker me

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
fogdancer
Banned
Banned
Big Member

Brazil Brazil

An explosive mix of blonde and ginger with blue ey

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: February 23, 2019, 04:03:47 AM »

Yes indeed - he was ahead of his time on environmental issues, town planning etc. And no way would he have shown up not bothering to read his briefing notes or research anything related. Willnot's mother also made of point of being well briefed. This guy is just laziness personafied.

Reading about royals and then knowing a bit about The Firm I always had a bad vibe about William and he by what we saw so far, would only be married with a doormat like Waity; any other woman would get rid of him as soon he started to show his true colors. Nothing worse in life that people in high levels of $$$ and power thinking they are better, and they must take from life what they were born for, sometimes I think a man who works hard on a farm and has no big enlightening must be happier than so called royals, this brings me also another memory...

With great powers and great fortunes comes big responsibilities, what they would present to God about what was given to them?

That's something from them that I do not envy, do not desire; as we get old and sometimes wise we are aware that certain things don't worth the pain, and also we get the precise idea that life is way too short, coffins do not have drawers we carry absolutely nothing from this life; except the good we did, the tears we wiped from someone else's eyes or the medicine, food and help we could provide, nothing is more rewarding than be sure We did everything we could.

A famous Brazilian medium, who spent his whole life to help the people in need, he wrote 400 books and gave the profit to social causes, he was blind of one eye, and the other eye had a very poor vision, he received a low salary as a retirement because of his handicap, lived in a very humble house used to say:

"The good you practice somewhere will be your advocate everywhere"
Chico Xavier

In the lack of the words, be fluent in diamonds.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: