Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wills hard at work  (Read 83269 times)
bach

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 08:30:59 AM »

This thread reminds me of the saying "working hard, or hardly working?"

William works hard at being able to not work. He should offer to teach a bespoke cambridge course at Cambridge with his skills.

Working hard at avoiding work! As for teaching his bespoke course, he can demonstrate skilss by not showing up lol.

#FreeHarry
#HarryForKing
OrangeBanana

Large Member

Christmas Island Christmas Island

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 11:56:17 AM »

Prince William closer to job as an air ambulance helicopter pilot after passing 14 'rigorous' exams - and plans to work 'as close to full time as possible'  Laughing Laughing Laughing
Prince William plans to work as air ambulance helicopter pilot in summer
He passed 14 'rigorous' exams on navigation, flight planning and air law
Royal must complete ground school training before starting in the summer
This will involve simulated training and in-flight skill testing in bad weather
He will work for East Anglian Air Ambulance covering Cambridge

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-close-time-possible.html

As close to full time as possible. Already with the excuses and he isn't even up in the air yet. Hopefully despite starting a new job, he will find the time for generous holiday and paternity leave.

Also this spring summer spring start date business is obnoxious. We should we expect to hear his fluffy pr savior nonsense any day now.

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 12:24:41 PM »

Prince William closer to job as an air ambulance helicopter pilot after passing 14 'rigorous' exams - and plans to work 'as close to full time as possible'  Laughing Laughing Laughing

As close to full time as possible. Already with the excuses and he isn't even up in the air yet. Hopefully despite starting a new job, he will find the time for generous holiday and paternity leave.

Also this spring summer spring start date business is obnoxious. We should we expect to hear his fluffy pr savior nonsense any day now.

Working full time means he won't have to be around loudly crying babies very much.  Or his wife and mother-in-law.  I wonder if he'll be using the helicopter grandma bought him to fly into London for his required BRF appearances and investitures.  Maybe he'll even fly himself in.
whiplashhx

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 12:32:33 PM »

Rebecca said he's starting as soon as he gets back from this tour..

Thinking

Will, Kate, and Harry Engagement Blog:
http://verymuchakid.tumblr.com/
Lexy

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 01:45:53 PM »

I'm confused does he realize how ederly his grandparents are? It's very likely that something can happen to them in recent time (god forbid) what will he do if it does? This entire fiasco of training/exams/taking another gap year....would he just drop it and go straight to being the prince of wales? Will he take ANOTHER gap year to transition into being Prince of Wales?

Taking a position in the RAF at the time I think made sense but now it just looks like he's blatantly avoiding being a royal. This feels like a disaster waiting to happen.
whiplashhx

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 02:15:13 PM »

I'm confused does he realize how ederly his grandparents are? It's very likely that something can happen to them in recent time (god forbid) what will he do if it does? This entire fiasco of training/exams/taking another gap year....would he just drop it and go straight to being the prince of wales? Will he take ANOTHER gap year to transition into being Prince of Wales?

Taking a position in the RAF at the time I think made sense but now it just looks like he's blatantly avoiding being a royal. This feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

It really is especially considering she's turning 90 next year (nevertheless DOE will be 95).. No one can tell me he would be able to balance a job like this and being the POW, he would have to step up his royal duties by 98% and so would Kate but by like... 118%.. His job would most certainly interfere with his duties, and once again money would be wasted on him because the public would shortly begin to demand him to start working and stop playing pilot.. I doubt you would want the public opinion on you not to be good when you begin your new role.. What you do and show in the beginning is a first impression on what you will be like in the future.. He should start considering things like this before he makes decisions.. Just because HM is fine does not mean anything.. With her age sudden medical issues can come up and hit her and the family hard at anytime IMO

Will, Kate, and Harry Engagement Blog:
http://verymuchakid.tumblr.com/
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 03:53:11 PM »

It really is especially considering she's turning 90 next year (nevertheless DOE will be 95).. No one can tell me he would be able to balance a job like this and being the POW, he would have to step up his royal duties by 98% and so would Kate but by like... 118%.. His job would most certainly interfere with his duties, and once again money would be wasted on him because the public would shortly begin to demand him to start working and stop playing pilot.. I doubt you would want the public opinion on you not to be good when you begin your new role.. What you do and show in the beginning is a first impression on what you will be like in the future.. He should start considering things like this before he makes decisions.. Just because HM is fine does not mean anything.. With her age sudden medical issues can come up and hit her and the family hard at anytime IMO

Reality is when HM passes (may it be far in the future) and Charles is on the throne, there will be an investiture of William as POW (and Kate will by default become Princess of Wales - I just can't call her Princess of anything) and they will both be expected to take over the amount of engagements that Charles and Camilla are currently shouldering.  That will be a moment when I think fireworks are going to happen.  If we think they are incredibly unhappy now, try sending them out on the same amount of joint engagements that Charles/Camilla do and watch the faces they pull.  Not to mention the individual ones they'll have to take.  Kate will have a nervous breakdown or become physically "ill" so she'll be unable to work and William will probably implode from having to do so much gripping and grinning and being followed by a horde of photographers and having his pictures taken.

Then there are the offspring.  How are they going to handle keeping them away from the public?  They can't do that forever and send out these pictures in vague backgrounds of the kids.  At some point they start to look like missing children alerts on the milk cartons. ("Have you seen this child?")

It's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to play out well.
One of the Peasants

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 04:40:06 AM »

This is sure to be one of the shortest threads ever on RD.  There are so few pics of him working or avoiding work that it leaves no doubt he doesn't.  I hope someone from KP is watching the current tour and preparing a stack of books to fix his horrible posture, but that would incur, work, which he doesn't do.  Yeah, short thread. 

Where's Carl
Sugar daddy
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 04:57:36 AM »

Of course he won't be able to work completely full time due to roti duties very much like how Harry's schedule is.

I know this isn't a popular opinion here but I don't expect either William, Kate or harry to start Working full time until Charles is king or when Queen slows down due to illness or age. At the moment neither Charles or Queen or any other senior members wants the younger ones to work full time.  They are already considered pointless by people, having  them front and centre will push them even more and that's something not desired by HM. I till she is queen she wants her children as her representative rather then grandchildren. 

The work load of William, Kate, Harry and his wife will only increase once Charles is on throne.
nihonbutterfly

Muted
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 05:07:18 AM »

Ok, but my thinking is, seeing these guys working harder will help boost their popularity and use. Besides, they have money so they can just volunteer. A royal platform is so monumental and potentially awe-inspiring ie Diana's efforts; people appreciated them. Sorry I just used her as a reference  Blush
Also, I see their current work as prep for the future leaders they are. Who really starts a job at the top?

Crawler

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 12:50:16 PM »

Of course he won't be able to work completely full time due to roti duties very much like how Harry's schedule is.

I know this isn't a popular opinion here but I don't expect either William, Kate or harry to start Working full time until Charles is king or when Queen slows down due to illness or age. At the moment neither Charles or Queen or any other senior members wants the younger ones to work full time.  They are already considered pointless by people, having  them front and centre will push them even more and that's something not desired by HM. I till she is queen she wants her children as her representative rather then grandchildren. 

The work load of William, Kate, Harry and his wife will only increase once Charles is on throne.

Harry is quitting the military to concentrate on his charities and royal duties.
William is not being forced into laziness IMO but has himself chosen that path.
Sugar daddy
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 01:16:55 PM »

Let's see how much charity work he actually ends up doing first then compare it to what William's doing. Harry's plan sound even more vague and very costly to tax payers  then William's agriculture program which was ridiculous even to me.
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 02:25:29 PM »

Clearly you favor William over Harry.  And I'm leaving it at that.
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2015, 08:47:45 PM »

I'm sorry but I don't agree. As a UK taxpayer I wish they would be seen carrying out 'royal duties' in order to earn the perks of being part of the RF that whiny and waity obviously enjoy. I have no sympathy for whiny's incessant bleating of wanting to be normal. I find it ironic that the man who craves normality has married into a family that will not allow him to be normal......I have no argument with Harry's workload. He is not enjoying the perks that his idle brother grabs with both hands. He also appears engaged and enjoying his duties unlike whiny who has a face like a constipated pig when the word 'royal duty' is uttered

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »

The very title of this thread makes me Laughing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: