Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wills hard at work  (Read 85043 times)
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: January 07, 2017, 01:44:14 PM »

Thanks Temi  Star back to you.  Champagne

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
lizzie78

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: January 07, 2017, 07:08:54 PM »

Probably making sure the paps get the 'good money shot' of him walking around looking 'serious'.  Angry

Oh it's not a pap photo. It's his own personal photographer who has to sell the story of the hard working 'normal' whiny Middleton.  Angel Interesting comment from my daughter (student paramedic) regarding his penchant for getting out of the heli when he's on a shout. She has said that the pilot (including co pilot) should be ready to take off asap. My daughter has worked with the air ambulance a number of times and she said that the pilots never leave the heli. It is not their job to help medically trained staff as they are not medically trained. She even said that the photos where he was 'helping' back in the summer were a PR stunt. My daughter does not follow the royals. This is what she's heard on the paramedic grapevine.

Star  I would think that they would always stay in the helicopter because if he gets out and pretends to help for the camera and something goes wrong because he isn't medically trained, it would be very bad
DebbieB

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: January 07, 2017, 07:52:05 PM »

^ But he does get out of the heli. That's my point. If he was behaving like the heli copilot, then he would remain in the cockpit as each second is vital. He is putting the 'patients' that he is allegedly helping at risk. Imho. He is not medically trained (unless he has been studying for a medical degree without our knowledge) and every second that he is out of the cockpit (for photo opportunities) delays their take off.

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: January 07, 2017, 11:20:58 PM »

That is because he is a co-pilot and not really needed.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: January 08, 2017, 12:30:28 AM »

^ But he does get out of the heli. That's my point. If he was behaving like the heli copilot, then he would remain in the cockpit as each second is vital. He is putting the 'patients' that he is allegedly helping at risk. Imho. He is not medically trained (unless he has been studying for a medical degree without our knowledge) and every second that he is out of the cockpit (for photo opportunities) delays their take off.

Occasionally pilots do get out and help. Not medical help unless it's a really desperate situation, but they help with the baggage now and then. The new pics show the helicopter crew and the ambulance who has a crew of at least two as well. So why did they need Will to help getting that patient from the heli into the ambulance? Why did they need 6 people for just a few metres? It's ridiculous. That's why I think it was as staged as the one when the same pap got very close to Will and his RPO did not even look at him.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:38:48 AM by Suzy » Logged

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: January 08, 2017, 09:53:24 PM »

DebbieB he has to get out of the heli, if he doesn't he won't get snapped working.  He has to help do something with the patient or he'll just be standing around.  William is a much needed part of EAAA and he's going to prove it once a year.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2017, 02:24:58 PM »

Yesterday I watched "Air Ambulance E.R. 2" from last summer that includes EAAA. It's just about the Norwich base (while other Air Ambulances were filmed on several of their bases  Whistle) and Will isn't part of it because it was before EAAA got the second two-pilots heli and no one knows if Will is even allowed to fly a heli solo. There are 5 episodes and in the last one a patient asked if Will was "driving".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdIC8GxrYnk Warning: There are some very serious injuries shown, so it's absolutely not for the faint-hearted. The lady asking about Will is at 34:20.

The doctor answers "He's not today. I'm sorry to tell you. But don't tell anyone I told you this, okay, 'cause I'm not supposed to."
And the pilot (a very experienced military pilot who recently started working for EAAA) later in an interview said "I'm always really sorry to disappoint everybody that it's not him."
I would take that experienced and competent pilot over part-time co-pilot Will with his less than stellar work record (re flying hours) any time.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: January 17, 2017, 06:31:53 AM »

Excerpts from the full article.

East Anglian Air Ambulance donations trebled after Duke of Cambridge became pilot

By  Telegraph Reporters
16 JANUARY 2017 ? 1:49PM

Donations from businesses to the East Anglian Air Ambulance trebled in a year after the Duke of Cambridge started working for the charity as a pilot.

Accounts show that corporate donations have risen from ?55,101 in 2015 to ?163,082 in 2016 thanks to what is being described as the Prince William effect.

The increase shows that more companies have wanted to become involved with the charity since the Duke began working at its Cambridge base in July 2015.

...While the latest financial records show the corporate donations have increased since the Duke joined the charity, public donations from collecting tins have dropped.

The charity has received six per cent less money in its collecting boxes since 2015.

The Duke of Cambridge started work with the East Anglian Air Ambulance in July 2015 and is on a roster of day and night shifts which last nine and a half hours.

He flies an EC145 T2 aircraft and in common with all other East Anglian Air Ambulance pilots, he is formally employed by Bond Air Services and draws a salary which he donates to charity.

It has been reported that he is due to leave the EAAA this summer.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.u...ulance-donations-trebled/

EAAA is NOT a charity supported by The Royal Foundation of D&D Cambridge & PH.
Unless, of course, it is receiving the net proceeds of his salary from Bond Air Services.
There is no mention of passing his salary through the Royal Foundation in their annual accounts.

No one knows where he is donating his salary from EAAA.

Once he leaves EAAA, will he become a royal patron of the organization?
Can EAAA become a recipient of funds from the Royal Foundation and receive regular annual grants?
Can EAAA depend on an annual visit from PW to draw attention to them and continue the corporate funding?
Perhaps a semi-annual visit and fly will keep attention on this service.

It would seem to be in his best interests to keep EAAA funded. His gran/grandad may need the service (local in the winter) and his Father, MIL/FIL may need the service when in Norfolk.

Thinking
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:40:28 AM by PruNordstrom » Logged

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: January 17, 2017, 02:51:37 PM »

From EAAA's annual report 2014/15
The new Eurocopter EC145T2, now known as the Airbus H145, went into service in late April 2015, a month later
than planned. This also saw the introduction of two-pilot operation and paved the way for Prince William to join the
pilot roster in July 2015
http://apps.charitycommis...83876_AC_20150630_E_C.pdf

Does this mean Will isn't allowed to fly solo like all the other EAAA pilots?  Whistle

Re the increase of income: I'm sure they got some attention because of Will but I scanned their financial reports and I cannot find the "William effect". Since 2011 they have had roughly 1 million more income each year even without Will. When Will got on board that didn't change. They have many new projects, they joined forces with other charities, they managed to get more money from their lottery and they got a 2 million grant in 2014/15 from the Libor fines funds (like other air ambulances). I think in the end Will is slighty more successful than his wife (because her charities sometimes even had less income) but judging by their financial history it looks like the charity could have done the same without him.

DebbieB

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: January 20, 2017, 05:40:02 PM »

Whines not going to be so hard at work from this summer....

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ts-air-ambulance-job.html

I'm thinking another transitional year to be announced.....  Angel

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: January 20, 2017, 08:29:23 PM »

Whines not going to be so hard at work from this summer....

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ts-air-ambulance-job.html

I'm thinking another transitional year to be announced.....  Angel

Just one year? He has two kids and of course each will take a year to adjust to daddy's new job, the new small flat, the tiny garden and the horrible hotel guests who can look right into daddy's bedroom. How can you demand he should work when his kids are this stressed?  Whistle

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: January 24, 2017, 10:03:43 PM »

Mustique is coming  Whistle
http://www.dailymail.co.u...d-work-air-ambulance.html

Interesting copyright for this pic. The famous Geoff Robinson and Bedford Police. Pic's caption "Prince William was seen helping to prepare a stretcher for an injured patient in Bedfordshire" while the truth is "Prince William is looking at a stretcher while doing nothing".

Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: January 24, 2017, 11:31:25 PM »

Same photographer. Same William getting out of the helo when he should not do so. They should be readying the helo to leave ASAP, not dawdle around for his photo ops. God, this makes me angry. All about him and not the patient!
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: April 08, 2017, 06:59:31 PM »

For those keeping track of the heli job:

Cambridge News
8 April 2014
A critically ill man has died in hospital following a rescue mission involving air ambulance pilot Prince William. Police were called to an address in ... Hertfordshire at 9am on April 4 over concerns for the welfare of the man. An ambulance crew, two rapid response vehicles, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched to attend the scene. Prince William, a helicopter pilot for the East Anglia Air Ambulance, was part of the response and landed his aircraft near the Tally Ho pub in the village.

Source: www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: April 09, 2017, 02:30:00 AM »

So he drops into the pub while they're getting this guy in the helo or what? How irresponsible if so! Even if it's because nature's calling.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: