Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's 2015 Donation Deficiency Tally  (Read 39969 times)
Cyllene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »

I think the issue with tallying up Kate's clothing is that so much of it isn't "couture," it's "bespoke" so we can't just go on Net-a-Porter or Neiman Marcus and see the exact costs. A good strategy, because a lot of the time the only prices we get for her clothes are when it's a $60 sweatshop dress.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 07:43:41 PM »

I think the issue with tallying up Kate's clothing is that so much of it isn't "couture," it's "bespoke" so we can't just go on Net-a-Porter or Neiman Marcus and see the exact costs. A good strategy, because a lot of the time the only prices we get for her clothes are when it's a $60 sweatshop dress.

The prices are out there. I'm working on getting us caught up for 2015 right now. The big prices just don't get reported in the DM as much as the cheap ones.

And for the unfamiliar with Mary's Donation Deficiency Tally please check it out and start to learn one big pricy reason so many of us loate Madame. Pede keeps it up and it is mindblowing. So like that thread it would be great if this one will be a tally/discussion of NEW pieces. I'll try to be the Pede for this one which should be easier than her work in the Mosh thread because Waity is so lazy.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »

Plus we can find something similar like her hats that can be put as the price. Usually her bespokes can be a dress with alterations.
Dianaist

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 08:27:19 PM »

What Kate Wore or maybe it's the HR Duchess blog one or maybe both of them posts a lot of her garment prices. With the bespoke things, they are almost always slightly re-worked versions of her go-to designers such as McQueen, Temperley etc. So the base price for those garments is a reasonable starting point for pricing them.
Winnifred
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 09:14:19 PM »

So is this thread the same as deficiency tally? Sorry, I'm just slightly confused as I don't know what the difference is! My apologies for being an irritant!

Edit: same as "Kate clothing costs". Further down the thread list

Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 09:44:52 PM »

So is this thread the same as deficiency tally? Sorry, I'm just slightly confused as I don't know what the difference is! My apologies for being an irritant!

Edit: same as "Kate clothing costs". Further down the thread list

I think this can be for each new thing she wears for the year. Kate's clothing cost can be for discussing and calculating just how wasteful our allegedly thrifty duchess is.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 09:46:25 PM »

Okay so we are now caught up for the year
Shopping in Zara coat $149

Madderson London Dress $662

New earring 33.00

Seraphine coat $349 and dress $179

Beulah London sweater $367

Max Mara coat $900 with Alice Temperley for John Lewis dress $150

Jaeger silk dress $368

Max Mara Coat  $2490

Erdem Darla dress $1518

Jane Taylor bespoke hat: price unknown. However after checking her site a similar hat with similar material is currently selling for $1155. I won't include it in the official tally though but it is worth noting how expensive it probably is. Here is the similar hat.

Kiki McDonough earrings $5000

Jo Maman Bebe coat $169

Beulah London Chiara coat $950 and new necklace $12300. Price of hat and earrings are currently unknown.

Catherine Walker bespoke coat. Price unknown. However a previous Catherine Walker coat Waity wore was about $3000. This won't be included in the tally.

Asos dress $63

Current total for new items $25,647. Note that if we add in estimated prices we would be at $29762.

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 09:58:02 PM »

I'm trying to get past the $900 coat.  Most people (definitely me) would wear a $900 coat until it was hanging by a thread.  Not once or twice and then relegate it to the closet.  No
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 10:11:22 PM »

I'm trying to get past the $900 coat.  Most people (definitely me) would wear a $900 coat until it was hanging by a thread.  Not once or twice and then relegate it to the closet.  No

How about the $2490 one  Yikes

But hey she wears a $63 dress so she is thrifty according to sugar brained logic.
Cyllene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 10:29:38 PM »

I sort of think that Kate is between a rock and a hard place when it comes to clothing since she needs stuff that's British-made (or at least British-owned or British-named, though she does wear other brands a lot) and doesn't look cheap. And she needs a lot of it.

However, we also know that she doesn't take good care of her clothes (shown by her shoes), she spends more money than she needs to (why go to Jenny Packham for an unexceptional bespoke day dress when she specializes in evening wear?), she thinks cost = quality (all jewelry), she almost never wears separates she can mix and match, and when she does happen to re-wear stuff she doesn't accessorize it differently at all.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 11:10:42 PM »

But hey she wears a $63 dress so she is thrifty according to sugar brained logic.

What in the hell is the $2490 coat made of?  Fur?  Gold?  Angel tears?  I just can't get past that.  How utterly ridiculous.  Thumb down
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 11:14:07 PM »

This hat seems to be a bespoke version of this Jane Taylor hat. Cost: 670.00

Total Cost: 26317
nihonbutterfly

Muted
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 11:15:57 PM »

Is the polka dot dress the same she wore before the wedding?

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 11:25:28 PM »

What in the hell is the $2490 coat made of?  Fur?  Gold?  Angel tears?  I just can't get past that.  How utterly ridiculous.  Thumb down

It had better be made of a special magical fabric that wraps itself around me and changes like a chameleon to whatever color and style of outfit I'm wearing at the time.
Sister Monica Joan

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 11:42:00 PM »

Kiki, thanks for your hard work.  Star

I sort of think that Kate is between a rock and a hard place when it comes to clothing since she needs stuff that's British-made (or at least British-owned or British-named, though she does wear other brands a lot) and doesn't look cheap. And she needs a lot of it.
Boden and Seraphine are British brands that are inexpensive.

She could also have cut down on the cost of coats by wearing them open, and only buying a new dress.

Finally, if British brand exposure was so important, she wouldn't keep her "privately designed" coats/dresses secret.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: