Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebecca Deacon News & Photos  (Read 35902 times)
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2017, 06:33:27 AM »

When I've read about the scope of the job that Rebecca holds, it reminds of the jobs found in a startup company. Each person has a strength and is just adequate in other areas. But it's enough to get by and make money until the company develops base customers with consistent sales numbers. Then it's time to hire employees specific to the tasks so the base group of start-up employees are freed to do what they know best to foster growth.

Now, it seems that many of her office staff have reached a level where they no longer can smoothly coordinate all of the duties that are required. Sometimes it appears that no one has reached out to SJP or BP for advice with the fine details trip and engagement planning such as appropriate symbolic use of colors, clothing and activities. Sometimes, there shouldn't be a walk-about; just a procession to the engagement destination with foto ops. The host should arrange for a receiving line where the guests move and the duke/duchess stay in place. It's possible to do outdoors as well as indoors.

The role of private secretary shouldn't be combined with personal assistant. The scope of each job is too much for one person to handle adequately at this point in time and going forward. Private secretary and personal assistant are two different sets of responsibility and though they need to liaise they don't handle the same tasks.

She needs a permanent stylist who has knowledge of dressing expectations for destinations outside the UK. That person has to have a sense of decorum for the position -- and the ability to insist that the duchess dress for the function despite her desperate need to show off her figure at any mention of casual wear at an engagement. The current employee doesn't have that. The hairdresser that travels with her has moments of good style and the rest are meh.

Her staff needs an overhaul.

Will no one at SJP or BP step in and show how it's done properly? If her mum has been advising her, then mum has reached the limit of her knowledge and experience for this stage of her daughter's obligations and expected progress in the RF.  The duchess should have been further along in adapting to her position by now. Either she's been given bad information so far or no one has insisted that she perform publicly as the RF duchess that she is. It's time to step up and draw the line between public appearance standards and private life.
IMO.
 Thinking
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 06:47:35 AM by PruNordstrom » Logged
Herazeus
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2017, 01:18:32 PM »

When I've read about the scope of the job that Rebecca holds, it reminds of the jobs found in a startup company. Each person has a strength and is just adequate in other areas. But it's enough to get by and make money until the company develops base customers with consistent sales numbers. Then it's time to hire employees specific to the tasks so the base group of start-up employees are freed to do what they know best to foster growth.

Now, it seems that many of her office staff have reached a level where they no longer can smoothly coordinate all of the duties that are required. Sometimes it appears that no one has reached out to SJP or BP for advice with the fine details trip and engagement planning such as appropriate symbolic use of colors, clothing and activities. Sometimes, there shouldn't be a walk-about; just a procession to the engagement destination with foto ops. The host should arrange for a receiving line where the guests move and the duke/duchess stay in place. It's possible to do outdoors as well as indoors.

The role of private secretary shouldn't be combined with personal assistant. The scope of each job is too much for one person to handle adequately at this point in time and going forward. Private secretary and personal assistant are two different sets of responsibility and though they need to liaise they don't handle the same tasks.

She needs a permanent stylist who has knowledge of dressing expectations for destinations outside the UK. That person has to have a sense of decorum for the position -- and the ability to insist that the duchess dress for the function despite her desperate need to show off her figure at any mention of casual wear at an engagement. The current employee doesn't have that. The hairdresser that travels with her has moments of good style and the rest are meh.

Her staff needs an overhaul.

Will no one at SJP or BP step in and show how it's done properly? If her mum has been advising her, then mum has reached the limit of her knowledge and experience for this stage of her daughter's obligations and expected progress in the RF.  The duchess should have been further along in adapting to her position by now. Either she's been given bad information so far or no one has insisted that she perform publicly as the RF duchess that she is. It's time to step up and draw the line between public appearance standards and private life.
IMO.
 Thinking

Further to your comment vis a vis Mum as advisor, we know that at every moment of crisis in Kate's life she has turned to Mum to advise and overhaul. The solution appears to have been a self presentation overhaul rather than an intellectual one. Good for making teen boys like you, not so good for winning over the public.

We shall not see any growth with Kate until Carole is removed from her. I don't mean that in a horrible way. Kate will not seek any other advise nor will she follow through on anybody else's adgice therefore what we see is the result of Carole's advice. Since Kate is not a curious person, and Carole seeks only the Sloane Handbook, this is the limit of possibilities for Kate.

Further, PP was only a mom and pop shop, so no chance for Carole (and Mike) to evolve into the type of business that requires boardroom activities and directors and intersection with other businesses which means she's never evolved into the type of business person with a skillset that can be transferred to royal life via imprinting on daughters. Like Sophie.

Throw into the mix someone with no appropriate work experience like Rebecca, who apparently didn't learn a thing when JLP was in charge, and it's a disaster.

Pippa is more likely to evolve because she shows some curiosity outside of Carole. It's not much, but it is there.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:24:44 PM by Herazeus » Logged
valentine14

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2017, 06:09:16 PM »

Lots of chatter on Twitter that Rebecca married today.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2017, 12:40:34 AM »

Congrats to Rebecca, I hope she had a wonderful wedding and has a happy marriage!  Champagne
OrangeOrchids

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2017, 06:09:03 AM »

I wonder if her employer showed up. Since Deacon was practically the only friend Kate had that she wasn't related to.
valentine14

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2017, 11:50:57 AM »

They've certainly locked it down. Can't find a single photo anywhere.

I do know Natasha Archer didn't attend - she's pictured in France.
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2017, 06:30:06 PM »

They've certainly locked it down. Can't find a single photo anywhere.

I do know Natasha Archer didn't attend - she's pictured in France.

Is N Archer in France for her hen do?

I am surprised that there are no pics of the wedding, but then Rebecca has been super private about it I find..
Georgie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2017, 07:43:59 PM »

A picture of Rebecca Deacon's wedding. Looks like a stunning day, and we wish he new Mr. and Mrs. Priestley all the best!

https://twitter.com/WWKD_...status/846001855662456832

Priestley/Deacon marriage
__. The marriage took place, 25 March, 2017, at the Chapel Royal, St James's Palace, between Adam Alexander Priestley (b 1980), son of Commander Michael Priestley, RN, by his wife the former Linda Shade, & Rebecca Anne Deacon (b 1982), daughter of the late Major Michael John Deacon (1947-86), by his wife the Rev Selina Deacon (nee Trousdell).

The bride serves HRH The Duchess of Cambridge as private secretary, and is to leave her post in the summer of 2017, after 10 years of service to William and Kate.

Deacon is a cousin of The Duke of Cambridge, albeit distantly. Rebecca is William's 7th cousin ~ both have lines of descent from the 4th Duke of Gordon.

http://peeragenews.blogsp...ydeacon-marriage.html?m=1
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:21:07 PM by Georgie » Logged
LMVDA

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2017, 09:46:07 PM »

From Kate's Girl Friday to glowing bride: The former private secretary to the Duchess of Cambridge Rebecca Deacon ties the knot in London

People on twitter are saying Kate didn't go

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ecretary-weds-London.html

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2017, 10:06:14 PM »

It's not a good hair style for her but the weather was great, nice car, beautiful dress and veil, nice flowers and they look very happy. Who wouldn't when you don't have to work for "Can you test the smell by smelling it-Gosh, how interesting"-Kate and the petulant prince anymore.  Wink

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »

Congratulations to Rebecca and Adam; may their life together be filled with much happiness!

onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2017, 11:30:13 PM »

Many wishes for the happy couple!

It's strange that Will and Kate didn't attend the wedding tough. I don't believe they weren't invited, maybe there was a mutual areement for them not to attend. But why? "Safety" reasons?
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2017, 11:46:37 PM »

Why strange?
Would you invite your (former) boss to your wedding?
I wouldn't.

The more not as this would be MY day. I could do without any paparazzi hoping to get a shot from one of my guests.
Bet that's what Becca thought.
onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2017, 11:49:37 PM »

Why strange?
I wouldn't.

The more not as this would be MY day. I could do without any paparazzi hoping to get a shot from one of my guests.
I agree with your 2nd paragraph and this is why I said that there was probably a mutual agreement of them not attending the ceremony.

As for the invitation in the 1st place, I assumed that 1. their professional relationship hasn't ended yet and 2. if there are still good relations between them, why not inviting her (and her husband)? So, I suppose there was an invitation but because of the paps or for other reasons they didn't go.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2017, 12:12:45 AM »

Why strange?
I wouldn't.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph and this is why I said that there was probably a mutual agreement of them not attending the ceremony.

As for the invitation in the 1st place, I assumed that 1. their professional relationship hasn't ended yet and 2. if there are still good relations between them, why not inviting her (and her husband)? So, I suppose there was an invitation but because of the paps or for other reasons they didn't go.

I guess it's the latter. I doubt they care. They are not known for being nice to their staff. Not to mention they like to skip important events. Why should a wedding of "the help" be any different?  Snare

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: