Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sultan Qaboos returns to Oman  (Read 6108 times)
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2015, 04:35:09 AM »

Oman Sultan returns in 'complete health' after treatment in Germany

MUSCAT (Reuters) - Oman's Sultan Qaboos returned home "in complete health" on Monday after an eight-month medical stay in Germany, state television reported, adding his treatment had been a success.

Qaboos, 74, has been absolute ruler of the Arabian peninsula state since 1970, but his absence in Germany since July had led to growing concern about his health.

Qaboos "returned to the soil of the dear nation this evening, blessed by God's favor with complete health and wellbeing after His Majesty's completion of a program of medical treatment in the German Federation, in which total success was registered in his results," the television said, quoting a statement by the royal court.

Broadcasting celebratory music, state television showed him walking unaided from an aircraft along a red carpet, and then boarding a helicopter.

Western-backed Qaboos has ruled since taking over in a bloodless coup with the help of Oman's former colonial power, Britain. Since then, he has helped to transform an impoverished backwater riven by internal conflicts into a prosperous state that plays a small but important role in regional diplomacy.

It was in Oman, for example, that Iranian and U.S. diplomats held secret contacts which led to an interim deal in 2013 on a nuclear dispute which has long heightened regional tensions.

http://ca.reuters.com/art...ews/idCAKBN0MJ1PA20150323

SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 04:39:07 AM »

Video of return (departs plane at 0:50): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRxFgMR0cGY

VIDEO: His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said returns to Oman from Germany

Muscat: After 258 days, 36 weeks, or more than eight months, finally the Sultanate of Oman received the news it has waited so eagerly for.

There was nationwide jubilation as His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said came home on Monday to Oman after a successful eight-month treatment in Germany.

State television showed His Majesty's arriving at the airport followed by video clips of His Majesty that caught the attention of nation.

The news was confirmed by the Diwan of Royal Court which issued a statement, saying, "Encompassed by Allah's care, His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said returned to the dear homeland enjoying full health and well-being after His Majesty's successful completion of the medical programme in the Federal Republic of Germany, thanks be to Allah.

"On this overwhelming and happy occasion, the Diwan of Royal Court raises its utmost greetings to His Majesty and the loyal subjects of Oman, coupled with appealing to Allah to always safeguard His Majesty, maintain him a supporter and source of pride for Oman and its kind people, provide him with victory to continue the comprehensive development march witnessed by our dear nation under the wise leadership of His Majesty."

His Highness Sayyid Fahd bin Mahmoud Al Said, Deputy Prime Minister for the Council of Ministers, said, "We are blessed that His Majesty has returned to Oman. There are no words to describe our feelings.

"The joy the citizens are feeling reflects the love they have for their leader."

Nation celebrates

Shopping malls and roads in Muscat, Sohar and Salalah were almost empty last night as most people stayed indoors to watch the television.

In the inner towns of the Sultanate, jubilation euphoria gripped as townsfolk in places like Barka, Saham, Ibri, Sur and Adam danced out in the open.

"We are going to celebrate the whole night. We are not going to sleep until after Al Fajr (dawn) prayers," Fareed Al Shamsi, a resident in Saham told Times of Oman over the telephone.

Some mosques performed special prayers in thanksgiving to the safe arrival of His Majesty as acknowledged by prayer leaders.

"After the Ishaa prayers, we did a special thanksgiving prayer in our mosque to thank god for the successful treatment of His Majesty," said Ahmed Al-Ghaithi, Imam of a mosque in Al Khoudh.

In Ibri, a throng of cars caused road congestions as drivers honked noisily and blared up the nation anthem and songs praising His Majesty, according to witnesses.

"I think we are here for a long night. I don't think anybody would sleep tonight in this part of Ibri," one of the residents there told Times of Oman.

In some parts of Muscat, residents put up the national flag on top of their roofs. Some put up lights of the national colours on the walls of their homes to mark the occasion. "I was prepared for this day. I had my lights ready. All I had to do was put them around my house and switch them on," Salim Al Abrawi, a resident of Al Khuwair, said.

In Salalah, residents said that celebrations kicked off as early as six in the evening once the news trickled in that His Majesty had arrived at Muscat. "They are dancing in the streets, beating drums, blowing trumpets and playing all kinds of instruments. Some restaurant owners are giving away free drinks and food. It is a huge party out here," Abdullah Al Yafei, a resident in Salalah said.

In Seeb, a group of young people riding on their motorbikes, waved Omani flags as they rode in the streets.

Text messages clogged up the mobile networks as delighted people exchanged pictures, video clips and good wishes to each other. Major telecommunication providers opened up extra bandwidth and increase speed to cope up with the high demands.

"Traffic is too much this evening. Demand has gone up with thousands of messages per minute. It is three times more than the normal rate but we are coping with extra bandwidth we are providing," an Omantel official who did not want to be identified told Times of Oman.

http://www.timesofoman.co...urns-to-Oman-from-Germany
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:44:47 AM by SavageGrace » Logged

SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 04:43:00 AM »

bach

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 04:58:10 AM »

I thought he'd look really frail after his illness and treatments but he's looks better than I expected. I wish him all the best!

#FreeHarry
#HarryForKing
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 05:10:10 AM »

Same Champagne Bless him

I think his coat is making him look extra skinny/frail (though I'm sure he does need to put on some weight after such a lengthy hospital stay) but he's definitely looking better than I'd expected

Cyllene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 03:34:09 PM »

I read a lot about him and what he did to develop Oman after he announced he was too sick to be there for National Day and Harry's visit and his people seemed to be so sad. I saw the headline and I guess I correctly guessed there would be street parties going on right now.  Supercontent

Source: http://www.muscatmutterin...rd-national-day-oman.html
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 03:41:54 PM »

Form the clothes to his physical appearance - this man looks immaculate.

SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 04:04:50 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen him not looking his absolute best, from head to toe. He's fabulous

I read a lot about him and what he did to develop Oman after he announced he was too sick to be there for National Day and Harry's visit and his people seemed to be so sad. I saw the headline and I guess I correctly guessed there would be street parties going on right now.  Supercontent

Qaboos is genuinely very much loved by his people (and others). I can't even imagine how people will react when he does one day pass; I know I'll personally be incredibly sad No

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 04:06:33 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen him not looking his absolute best, from head to toe. He's fabulous

I can imagine SG - this is a life-style, not just a one time appearance.

SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 04:11:05 PM »

We should send some royals to him to get some fashion and skin care advice... I'm personally very jealous of his smooth, flawless skin Tongue

Cyllene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 04:40:32 PM »

Qaboos is genuinely very much loved by his people (and others). I can't even imagine how people will react when he does one day pass; I know I'll personally be incredibly sad No

I do think a good thing about Muslim-style succession is that even though he has no sons, the throne (?) of Oman won't just go to whichever nephew came first, I think Qaboos will choose a good successor to continue on his progressive path.

If he's in "complete health" I wonder if the colon cancer rumors were just rumors.  Thinking It could just be a line to make everyone calmer but he does look pretty healthy.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 11:03:47 PM »

good to know him he is back and ready to took on his duties,i think the first he should do is choosing successor,he have sooooo many great thing to Oman ad ihave no doubt he will choose the right person.
Good bless the Oman ppl i've visit it few years ago they are wonderful nation.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: