Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King's Day 2015 Dordrecht  (Read 15323 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 08:31:10 PM »

It is a quite strange little head movement. It reminded me of how people look when their ears are clogged (Airplane ears), they try to yawn, swallow hard, pull their earlobes, move their jaws and their heads and often that gives them a temporary (or permanent) relief, when the pressure in the Eustacian tube is reduced.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 09:30:32 PM »

Someone suggested she may have tourette sybdrome... oh god, hope it is not true...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJZa3aUd8MU

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
dk

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 08:17:45 AM »

Probably she just seems to be following the music with her head, making some kind of rap movements.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 08:53:39 AM »

I am a bit embarassed to ask this but I can't help it! Seeing the videos of the koningsdag I noticed that Alexia seems to have a sort of tic with her head. It is a kind of a tilt that she does quite often as well as touching her hair... I feel bad for pointing this one out, but is it possible that I am the only one who noticed this? I am a bit worried because it looks like a  mania... Sad

See for example this video at the minute 39.05(but she does that continuosly):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBeGMkkbjdY

There was a boat full of singing people passing when she did the head bobbing and "a-ha - face" at 39.05. I'm thinking horses, not zebras! (Tourette's how hilarious). All three were bored out of their brains by this hour-long boat parade. The were freezing their nuts off too, and Ariane was eating away at her orange blanket the way piglets chew their own trotters in a desparate attempt to create some sort of stimulus. They seemed quite happy when they could finally whip out the tablets to 'read' a QR code on a ship that became an animation of a big dancing lion.

I can't be bothered to watch more of the video to check for more occasions of odd head bobbing since I watched the livestream on and off anyway (missing any other bobbing occasions apart from when they were sitting AGAIN to watch a boring re-enactment of a historic political meeting). I have an 8-year old at home that loves to repeat and repeat snippets of songs and repeat certain "odd" (e.g. dance) movements that he's just learned (often not really being aware that he's doing it, but it looks like he's learning through movement not through watching or listening) and so do his friends, so either we have a statistic odditiy with a 25% prevalence of Tourette's in a random population or it's just what 8-year olds do. Then again, it does look a bit like a tic to channel her body's need to move (look at the wobbly legs) when having to sit still. Could just as well be ADHD. However, I'm not a doctor or child psychologist.

The DRF are usually not that secretive about their discomforts and diseases - to the extent that it seemed Pieter van Vollenhoven had a new one every other week. They were a bit about Juliana's Alzheimer's because it's a disease that is decidedly unregal, but very open about Claus' Parkinson's and depression, and Christina's eye problems. However, being in the public eye like these three, as a parent I would think twice about 'officially' communicating a (treatable) condition of one of them. School will know, her doctor will know, her teachers and classmates will know (she wouldn't be the only one either), but what's the point of publicly labelling her at this young an age? The kid has a right to grow out of it and become more than 'the one that's got such-and-such')

ETA: the Belgains have one of their kids in a 'special' school - whether this is because he's challenged or has dyslexia or behavioural problems, we don't know. Or need to. And what about the Norwegians?

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 09:23:24 AM »

Looks like a bored child to me.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2015, 09:47:18 AM »

I am a bit embarassed to ask this but I can't help it! Seeing the videos of the koningsdag I noticed that Alexia seems to have a sort of tic with her head. It is a kind of a tilt that she does quite often as well as touching her hair... I feel bad for pointing this one out, but is it possible that I am the only one who noticed this? I am a bit worried because it looks like a  mania... Sad

There was a boat full of singing people passing when she did the head bobbing and "a-ha - face" at 39.05. I'm thinking horses, not zebras! (Tourette's how hilarious). All three were bored out of their brains by this hour-long boat parade. The were freezing their nuts off too, and Ariane was eating away at her orange blanket the way piglets chew their own trotters in a desparate attempt to create some sort of stimulus. They seemed quite happy when they could finally whip out the tablets to 'read' a QR code on a ship that became an animation of a big dancing lion.

I can't be bothered to watch more of the video to check for more occasions of odd head bobbing since I watched the livestream on and off anyway (missing any other bobbing occasions apart from when they were sitting AGAIN to watch a boring re-enactment of a historic political meeting). I have an 8-year old at home that loves to repeat and repeat snippets of songs and repeat certain "odd" (e.g. dance) movements that he's just learned (often not really being aware that he's doing it, but it looks like he's learning through movement not through watching or listening) and so do his friends, so either we have a statistic odditiy with a 25% prevalence of Tourette's in a random population or it's just what 8-year olds do. Then again, it does look a bit like a tic to channel her body's need to move (look at the wobbly legs) when having to sit still. Could just as well be ADHD. However, I'm not a doctor or child psychologist.

The DRF are usually not that secretive about their discomforts and diseases - to the extent that it seemed Pieter van Vollenhoven had a new one every other week. They were a bit about Juliana's Alzheimer's because it's a disease that is decidedly unregal, but very open about Claus' Parkinson's and depression, and Christina's eye problems. However, being in the public eye like these three, as a parent I would think twice about 'officially' communicating a (treatable) condition of one of them. School will know, her doctor will know, her teachers and classmates will know (she wouldn't be the only one either), but what's the point of publicly labelling her at this young an age? The kid has a right to grow out of it and become more than 'the one that's got such-and-such')

ETA: the Belgains have one of their kids in a 'special' school - whether this is because he's challenged or has dyslexia or behavioural problems, we don't know. Or need to. And what about the Norwegians?

Thumb up

BTW I am often wondering about Sverre and his behavior.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2015, 09:56:56 AM »

It was rather odd, but we have seen the girls in a lot of cases and I have never before noticed it. However she did it too when her parents could see her and there was neither the overly caring and concerned look of a parent of a child with any sort of medical problems nor the slight frown that many parents show, when their child is pulling faces or acting up from boredom while greeting guests or dignitaries.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2015, 10:22:48 AM »

Yesterday evening I have watched the so called "Tourette" clip of Alexia several times, also with others. Looks a bit like she is making fun of something. Especially when she got an apparently intended hit with the elbow of older sister Amalia Smiley
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2015, 01:46:17 PM »

than you for your explanation. To me it deosn't seem she simply followed the music because she did that very often, even when she was still o stand up or not attending the concert ... I won't comment further because it is a delicate situation but I don't think it is something light. Sorry if I posted this but then again, I realized (seeing comments on twitter) that I wasn't the only one to notice it.

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2015, 02:43:28 PM »

Martina it's fine - no problem!
I did see she does it more often and yes, one could conclude it looks like a tic.
However, there are many conditions that come with tics (not just Tourette's) and I know many people who do not have any condition at all and still have tics. Like 'knacking' the joints of their fingers or rubbing at an imaginary ingrown beard hair. Once you become aware of tics in peopl, you see them everywhere and it is damn hard to unsee them. Especially the guy with the imaginary ingrown beard hair - he annoys me to on end 

You see what you see and you form an opinion and express it, which is exactly what RD is for!!

I just try to avoid the gossipy naming and shaming and hysterics of twitter - so much of it is gut feeling instead of expertise. But anyway, her dress was indeed Pili Carrera summer 2015 collection, but the jury is still out on Amalia's dress' brand.

Still, A2's nickname No Effing Way would be sooo appropriate if she did have Tourette's  Secret

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2015, 03:07:22 PM »

Alexia is so pretty - her freckles are lovely.  I think out of the three of them she is going to be the most beautiful.  

I do think she does have a tic though. 

Video
She does it a lot in this video.  It's most likely just a nervous tic that a lot of people grow out of.

I am glad to see Amalia has braces on.  Good orthodontic care will do her wonders when she is older.  (I only hope Lady Louise gets braces too.)

Ariane is cute and a happy child.

I am glad they are not wearing the same dresses and I love their updos!

Also are the two young girls wearing tights?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 03:18:11 PM by Molly2101 » Logged

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2015, 04:47:02 PM »

Martina it's fine - no problem!
I did see she does it more often and yes, one could conclude it looks like a tic.
However, there are many conditions that come with tics (not just Tourette's) and I know many people who do not have any condition at all and still have tics. Like 'knacking' the joints of their fingers or rubbing at an imaginary ingrown beard hair. Once you become aware of tics in peopl, you see them everywhere and it is damn hard to unsee them. Especially the guy with the imaginary ingrown beard hair - he annoys me to on end 

You see what you see and you form an opinion and express it, which is exactly what RD is for!!

I just try to avoid the gossipy naming and shaming and hysterics of twitter - so much of it is gut feeling instead of expertise. But anyway, her dress was indeed Pili Carrera summer 2015 collection, but the jury is still out on Amalia's dress' brand.

Still, A2's nickname No Effing Way would be sooo appropriate if she did have Tourette's  Secret

Rubbing an ingrown beard hair? WTF!

In my direct surroundings I have someone who from a young age is a persistant nail biter, another one picks his nose and one who is severe eye(lid) flashing (in a kind op pattern) during conversations,  while I am accused of frequently cracking my joints and neck.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »

Fun thing, during Kingsday 2015 the DRF enjoyed the performance of the artist Nielson with his hit song Sexy als ik dans (Sexy if I dance). Apparently both Máxima and Amalia sang along with the song.

The RF (with Máxima and Amalia singing) at the performance of Nielson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxu7tKKsBC8

The clip of the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKmsZzJQJV0

The lyrics incl an English translation:
http://lyricstranslate.co...ns-sexy-when-i-dance.html

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: