Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1635638 times)
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8520 on: June 07, 2019, 11:11:06 AM »

^ Specifically about reducing suicide and self harm, but it will prevent accidents, too, by ensuring there's more lifesaving equipment, fewer risky areas, more awareness from river users... There are 30 fatalities a year in the Thames which are suicide or linked to mental health issues

Thanks. Sad to hear about this, but glad that they try to do something about it.

My office overlooks the river and I personally have seen one attempt from start to finish (the person survived and was fished out with clearly broken legs, by a passing tourist boat) and have heard of workmates seeing up to three others over the years where people haven't survived. The river is not that deep, has a lot of hazards, and flows very quickly.
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8521 on: June 10, 2019, 05:04:56 PM »

The Guardian did an article today about Shout text Service

https://www.theguardian.c...e-mental-health-frontline

This is the new digital frontline in the fight to deter young people from taking their own lives or even thinking about it. Since Shout was launched last month as part of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s mental health campaign, its operators have been handling 500 conversations a day, 70% from women and girls, sometimes from classrooms and playgrounds. The crises are often so severe that the emergency services have had to be despatched in “active rescues” as often as 22 times a day.

Of course it wonderful that people are getting help in moments of crisis but what comes after Shout?  How will this truly solve the problems faced by the understaffed and overburden mental health sector?  The callous part of me equates this to a bandaid on a hemorrhage...helpful in the short term not enough in the long term.  But then their whole mental health thing (Heads Together) wasn't supposed to go beyond the 2017 London Marathon (launched in May 2016 for the marathon in April 2017).
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8522 on: June 11, 2019, 08:46:12 AM »

William's very decent speech at last night's Child Bereavement 25th Birthday Gala

hank you Ann, and good evening everyone.

On the eve of Child Bereavement UK’s creation in 1994, an unusually apprehensive and nervous Julia Samuel travelled here to Kensington Palace to go through her opening speech with my mother.

They both saw then the game changer this charity could be for those in the darkest depths of grief, struggling to find a route out.

25 years later, it is with great pride that I stand here as your patron to celebrate the successes you have had since that day.

Child Bereavement UK is a truly remarkable organisation.

With great sympathy and sensitivity, you have spent the last 25 years working with children, young people and families to help them navigate the difficult path of grief.

This is a path no-one chooses.

It has no map.

And no end.

But with careful support, it is a path that can become easier under foot.

The impact of this support is brought home to me every time I meet people who are helped by Child Bereavement UK.

Recently I met Eddie, Sefofo and Keli, and their mum Precious, who were supported after their baby brother and son, Raphael, died. Raphael’s death had a ripple effect on the whole family, and everyone was affected in a different way.

It was touching to hear that - with the guidance of your wonderful staff - this family, like so many others, have been given the language and resilience to talk about their loss, and to find a way to live again.

For many, sharing their experiences and memories is a crucial part of the grieving process.

Grief that is most intense in the days and weeks that directly follow a loss. Like those affected by unimaginable heartache after the devastating mosque attacks in Christchurch, New Zealand, in March.

And grief that is carried with you for the rest of your life. I saw that in the eyes of D-Day veterans and families last week. Their sorrow for lost friends, sons and fathers 75 years on still moves them to tears.

It demonstrates exactly why Child Bereavement UK’s work is so important.

An ear to listen, and a shoulder to cry on, is sometimes all it takes to lighten the burden in the smallest of ways. And that is what you have provided.

You have also played a pivotal role in changing attitudes – and helping people to talk more freely about the way they are feeling and the daily challenges they face.

By providing professionals and people across the UK with the tools and guidance they need to support friends, family and colleagues who are bereaved, you are helping to create a support network aimed at providing comfort to those in the most painful situations.

And you shine a beacon of light in the darkness as families learn to live with their loss, and find hope - and laughter - again.

Child Bereavement UK’s transformational work simply wouldn’t be possible without the generosity of people like you here tonight.

So from the bottom of my heart I want to thank you for playing your part in the charity’s incredible success over the last quarter of a century.

And thank you in advance as you continue to support Child Bereavement UK’s vital work with bereaved families for many more years to come.

Thank you.

No one cares about the UK horse parade
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8523 on: June 12, 2019, 03:13:41 PM »

William did an investiture today and knighted lovely Michael Palin

LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8524 on: June 12, 2019, 03:35:31 PM »

William did an investiture today and knighted lovely Michael Palin

Who does the most investiture ceremonies? Is it only the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William who do them?
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8525 on: June 12, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »

I think Anne does them, too. Charles, William and Anne do the most investitures nowadays

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8526 on: June 12, 2019, 03:49:50 PM »

Yes, Anne does investitures too. And FC is right: Charles, William and Anne do the big bulk of investitures these days. The Queen do it once in a while.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #8527 on: June 12, 2019, 06:47:23 PM »

And Kensington palace social media generally highlights a few people who receive honours during William's investitures, and does a nice post on them.

For example, today?

Dr Malik Ramadhan is the divisional director of emergency care and trauma at the Royal London Hospital, where 12 casualties from the London Bridge attacks on 3 June 2017 were taken.

He was one of scores of doctors, nurses and other staff who were called into work on that Saturday night to treat those injured.

Malik was cycling home at 10pm after finishing his shift when he saw large numbers of police cars driving towards central London — after speaking to the London Ambulance Service to find out what was happening, Malik turned around and returned straight back to work.

On his role in the response to the attack, Malik said: "I was the resuscitation room commander. I ensured the injured patients had their scans and surgery at the right time and always had the right number of people looking after them. We performed emergency surgery on six patients lasting between an hour and three to four hours.” Speaking on the role of the team, he said: “Everyone rallies around in a crisis; it’s what we’re all built for. The public should know that the NHS and NHS staff are geared up for things like this and that if they do happen they will be looked after to a very high standard.” Today The Duke of Cambridge presented Dr Malik Ramadhan with his OBE for services to Healthcare, at an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace.

Anyone can be nominated for an honour; visit @CabinetOffice to find out more how you can nominate someone for an honour or award. 📷PA

https://www.instagram.com...m_source=ig_web_copy_link

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #8528 on: June 12, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »

I like KP putting the focus on the person who is receiving the honor instead of just posting the pictures. These men and women deserve all the recognition in the world, from heroes to your average community member honored for charity work!
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: