Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 635062 times)
Skirt Queen

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3150 on: October 17, 2018, 05:32:32 PM »

I could swear I've seen that picture before.

So another initiative that's useless like HT? Ugh. Why can't these people do real tangible stuff? I guess it's just easier to pretend and put no work in. Same with royals in other countries (cough Slitzerella or Mary Fonden).

I have been wondering about Heads Together. Is nothing going on with it? Was it just a one-time thing? You'd think they'd keep the momentum going and at least have more events and have Will, Kate, etc., promote it...
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3151 on: October 17, 2018, 05:37:28 PM »

They used all the money they raised to develop an app or something like that? A website? Something. I don't remember exactly, I do remember the charities partnered with HT expected to see the funds but got nothing. Even worse because with all the attention they received means they saw more and more people and did not have the resources for it. I remember Harry visited The Big White Wall and someone working there told him they would have to close because they didn't have the funding and had so many people wanting to use their services. The Royal Foundation kept all those millions donated, if I remember correctly.
NAOTMAA

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3152 on: October 17, 2018, 07:45:36 PM »

I never really understand the "was not announced until after it had taken place."

Is it because they are never sure if she will actually show up or not? If its just penciled in and they decide if she's in the mood to go or not? Because if it was announced beforehand that would mean she has to go and they don't want to put her in that position? I really don't get that.
Duchess of Suffolk

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3153 on: October 17, 2018, 07:51:33 PM »

I never really understand the "was not announced until after it had taken place."

Is it because they are never sure if she will actually show up or not? If its just penciled in and they decide if she's in the mood to go or not? Because if it was announced beforehand that would mean she has to go and they don't want to put her in that position? I really don't get that.

Me neither. Star

Aren't the royals (all of them) supposed to have these kind of meetings in a regular basis? The fuzz about this one, getting out in various media outlets it's just weird

Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3154 on: October 18, 2018, 01:04:35 AM »

They used all the money they raised to develop an app or something like that? A website? Something. I don't remember exactly, I do remember the charities partnered with HT expected to see the funds but got nothing. Even worse because with all the attention they received means they saw more and more people and did not have the resources for it. I remember Harry visited The Big White Wall and someone working there told him they would have to close because they didn't have the funding and had so many people wanting to use their services. The Royal Foundation kept all those millions donated, if I remember correctly.

I've just been trying to find out more information about HT and this other stuff, and there is a distinct lack of recent information available on the internet.  What's the point of all these initiatives the royals attach themselves to if they are going to lose interest and not apply themselves to it for the long term, or if the project isn't well enough organised to ensure it lasts more than a season or two?  Some of us expressed our concern about the lack of long-term planning and availability of resources to deal with the people the taking heads were urging to seek help when they actually did seek help.  I will be angry if these people have just been allowed to slip through the cracks again.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3155 on: October 18, 2018, 01:12:47 AM »

I may be terribly cynical but I believe they don't truly care about it. It's just PR for them. These people fall through the cracks? They create an increase in awareness of these charities yet provide no monetary help they were given in donations to said charities, leaving them struggling more? So what! It makes them look good, people go on about how amazing they are. It provides a shiny sheen of 'we care, we care! we're doing something!'. Yeah. PR. Talking about 'smashing the stigma' over and over again does very little. And it seems they only focus on mild depression or anxiety, nothing deeper than that, which is problematic in and of itself when there are far more other mental health issues people have that are very stigmatized.

This not specifically on Kate but I see this with a lot of royals from other families as well using things like this as PR and never following through.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3156 on: October 18, 2018, 09:21:56 AM »

I don't mind that they (or one of them) takes on the "milder" versions of mental health, since I believe that our societies are facing an epidemic in this area: the cases of people suffering from anxiety, depression, burn out or bore out are becoming more and more and we need to address this instead of pretending our Facebook-perfect life is the norm.
(Well not that their princessy lifestyle is the norm, esp. when they show Kate in all her 2-hour made-up hair-dressed and styled to the nines-glory and still refer to her as the "down to earth mom, who took some time off her busy mom-schedule to visit the hospital, before she heads back to make dinner for her 3 children"..)
Sure we need to get rid of the stigma that comes with mental illness, but at least most patients do get some medical help for that, while the "milder" cases of depression and anxiety usually are asked to "pull themselves together and stop being silly" or get a prescription of an anti depressant as if that was a cough drop.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: