Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 3182357 times)
JessicaM

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #11985 on: July 16, 2024, 12:19:00 AM »

He could not be bothered to attend the world cup final of the women's team last year (or organize a public viewing or meet them in an audience) but he attended and flied to 3 matches of the male team at the European championship. He is president of the Football Association but it seems that he only cares for the male team.
What about royals attending the women's finals at Wimbledon? Was any of them there or did I miss it?

I have seen that Kate attended with Charlotte and her sister the men's final and she was not present at the women's final. Have not seen any reports on royals at the women's final so far, so guess there was no one of the royal family there It also seems that last year the whole family (William, Kate, Charlotte and George) also attended only the men's final. At least Kate (without the rest of the family) also attended the women's final last year.

TBH I find it quite strange that this family's priority is male sport, as they have also a daughter who seems quite sporty. They are also patrons of the Football Association/Wimbledon and should represent not only the males. Kate is more or less still on sick leave and I am happy that she was able to attend Wimbledone once but what excuse does have Will?

I have to say I find this discussion being dragged up again and again quite boring. We had it back in the day and now again?

Did anyone seriously expect William not to attend the final?
[/quote]

Well, it would not have been again a topic if he would have been not only at one game but three games! I found it already quite disrespectful how he handled last years womens final considering that he is the president of the Football Association. Not being there was explained with taking place during the school holidays and environmental impact. But the school holidays have already started this year and the enviromental impact of flying three short distances is also considerable. In addition there would have been other options like organizing a public viewing last year but except a luke warm video message with Charlotte he just does not seem to care despite his job as president.

The difference William makes between mens and womens finals is now even more obvious than last year by his current behaviour and to be honest I think this is not a good sign. The royalists die out year by year, the Royal family does have less and less support by younger ones. I would not feel represented by him. And what will Charlotte (and the boys) learn from that? That womens sport is not important even if you are the president of their sports association and it would be your job?
anneboleyn

Warned
Humongous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11986 on: July 16, 2024, 12:24:29 AM »

Sidestepping that issue for a moment - usually Wimbledon marks the last engagement of the summer for the family - a last hurrah before they dissepar until mid September.

Do we think they will appear at the State Opening of Parliament on Wed? Unlikely IMO - esp Catherine. But possibly more likely IMO - will they appear in Paris at the Olympics?

I think William will appear at the opening of parliament but Kate wonít. William has been doing more engagements, which I think is a positive sign.

And while I can understand that the discussion can get repetitive, itís a shame that BRFís behaviour is also repetitive, which in turn gives us more to discuss again.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
JessicaM

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #11987 on: July 16, 2024, 12:25:03 AM »

Sidestepping that issue for a moment - usually Wimbledon marks the last engagement of the summer for the family - a last hurrah before they dissepar until mid September.

Do we think they will appear at the State Opening of Parliament on Wed? Unlikely IMO - esp Catherine. But possibly more likely IMO - will they appear in Paris at the Olympics?

Not sure about the State Opening of Parliament, I do not think that Kate will be there and I also think there is only a small chance that William will be there.

Regarding the Olympics, I do not think that Kate will travel outside the country at the moment and I can understand that. I was actually surprised that she managed to go to Wimbledon considering that she had to sit there for hours in the sun. But she loves tennis and so I am happy for her that she was able to be there for at least one match.

Regarding William, I guess it depends if he is interested in some of the sports or not. But I guess that maybe Zara or Anne, if she feels better, will show up at some riding competitions.
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11988 on: July 16, 2024, 12:57:27 AM »

JMHO but we may be surprised at how many of the BRF  - working and non working turn up at this summer's Olympics. While not in their own back yard as in 2018, Paris is still close, relatively speaking.

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100. Anonymous
anneboleyn

Warned
Humongous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11989 on: July 16, 2024, 01:24:22 AM »

JMHO but we may be surprised at how many of the BRF  - working and non working turn up at this summer's Olympics. While not in their own back yard as in 2018, Paris is still close, relatively speaking.

Yes, I think we will see a lot of minor royals at the Olympics (Anne, Zara, Beatrice, etc) but Iíd be surprised to see the Wales there.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #11990 on: July 16, 2024, 02:17:19 AM »

sorry but what other purpose do royals exist in our lives, if not to show support, encouragement...and ahrm bygone era of leadership.

of course they should turn up. these events represent the very country (as a united being) pays their gravy life.

not pick and chose. and they should als be there for disable olypics - that alw2ays gets forgotten!

right. over. I'll step orff now.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11991 on: July 16, 2024, 02:23:50 AM »

Yes, I think we will see a lot of minor royals at the Olympics (Anne, Zara, Beatrice, etc) but Iíd be surprised to see the Wales there.

I don't know about Kate, but I think William will bring the children.

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100. Anonymous
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11992 on: July 16, 2024, 02:25:34 AM »

sorry but what other purpose do royals exist in our lives, if not to show support, encouragement...and ahrm bygone era of leadership.

of course they should turn up. these events represent the very country (as a united being) pays their gravy life.

not pick and chose. and they should als be there for disable olypics - that alw2ays gets forgotten!

right. over. I'll step orff now.

G Smiley

Fully agree that they should attend the Para Olympics too.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #11993 on: July 16, 2024, 11:37:28 AM »

I guess I still get surprised - after so many years even - of how the BRF is seemingly seen as the RF that stand out as special.

I can compare them to the DRF, the SRF and the NRF and they do just fine in work and attendance at events. Especially now considering Charles is recovering and Kate is recovering. Some here seem to expect William to carry a load that should be equal to the BRF workload ca 1998 - thatís never going to happen. Not just because heís not the king, but also because of the size of the RF and the times we are in.

How about the Netherlands RF? The Belgians? The Lux? Before deeming William the cause of the fall of the BRF perhaps we could compare to other heirs and how they are doing?

I donít think thereís anything odd about William attending three games in the EC. Fred probably would have too. England is hungry for the cup - any cup Wink - to come home. I think he represents the ordinary Englishman quite well there.

You only have to look at the press coverage to see that womenís and menís football is not the same. Itís hardly Williamís fault. Just as gendering sports interest is an odd thing to me. Maybe Charlotte isnít into football really? Perhaps George isnít interested in tennis? Thereís a lot of expectations here for interests and participation from children, children who are currently living through a stressful period with an ill parent. I am certain William and Kate are putting their children first, Kateís ability to participate in things next and a fair representation second.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #11994 on: July 16, 2024, 12:24:16 PM »

I guess I still get surprised - after so many years even - of how the BRF is seemingly seen as the RF that stand out as special.

I can compare them to the DRF, the SRF and the NRF and they do just fine in work and attendance at events. Especially now considering Charles is recovering and Kate is recovering. Some here seem to expect William to carry a load that should be equal to the BRF workload ca 1998 - thatís never going to happen. Not just because heís not the king, but also because of the size of the RF and the times we are in.

How about the Netherlands RF? The Belgians? The Lux? Before deeming William the cause of the fall of the BRF perhaps we could compare to other heirs and how they are doing?

I donít think thereís anything odd about William attending three games in the EC. Fred probably would have too. England is hungry for the cup - any cup Wink - to come home. I think he represents the ordinary Englishman quite well there.

You only have to look at the press coverage to see that womenís and menís football is not the same. Itís hardly Williamís fault. Just as gendering sports interest is an odd thing to me. Maybe Charlotte isnít into football really? Perhaps George isnít interested in tennis? Thereís a lot of expectations here for interests and participation from children, children who are currently living through a stressful period with an ill parent. I am certain William and Kate are putting their children first, Kateís ability to participate in things next and a fair representation second.

perhaps that's a good cause for Billy to take up: to balance the inequality between two genders in sport...instead of both he and kate attending men's events  Wink

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #11995 on: July 16, 2024, 12:59:48 PM »

perhaps that's a good cause for Billy to take up: to balance the inequality between two genders in sport...instead of both he and kate attending men's events  Wink

G Smiley

He supports lots of good causes. Quite a few borderline political. Considering the money involved in professional football and the politics and powers involved in UEFA business , I totally understand that he chooses to keep his involvement the way it is.
JessicaM

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #11996 on: July 16, 2024, 02:04:01 PM »

The Spanish queen and Infanta Sofia attended last year's world cup final of the women and as far as I know the Spanish Queen is not even the president of the Spanish Football Association. The Swedish team was 3rd and Crown princess Victoria and her childrenwelcomed the womens team upon the return in the palace, see here https://royalportraitsgal...ns-national-football-team
So actually the Spanish and Swedish royals did show much more support in contrast to the British royal family at the same occasion.

And William is even president of the English Football Association and I think it is his job not only to represent the men even if they gain more coverage. But he does not and it is now even more obvious than last year by the stark difference between the luke warm video message last year and his 3 times-attendance this year. TBH I have lost quite some respect for him due to this.

And yes, unfortunately womens sport gains quite often less interest but the football world cup last year got a ton of coverage, also in Great Britain and his absence was noted and called out. He just was lucky that the Spanish minister's kiss took away the heat of William in the headlines.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 02:36:30 PM by JessicaM » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: