Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 105   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge - News and photos  (Read 347295 times)
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1440 on: April 17, 2017, 10:06:44 AM »

This is pretty creepy.  A life size accurate Charlotte doll. 

http://www.fairytalesrebo...ge-1---in-stock-647-p.asp

oh, WOW that is caaareeepeeeee  Nerves

I can see the appeal of the reborn type dolls. They look very realistic. Collectors enjoy making clothes and accessories for the dolls. But I don't like dolls that have been made to resemble someone in the public eye. It is bit creepy. I can't imagine being the person who had a doll modeled after themselves when they were a baby or toddler. The actress Shirley Temple Black said she found it disconcerting to see dolls made to look like herself.
 Crazy

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
gudgeon

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1441 on: April 17, 2017, 05:31:34 PM »

This is pretty creepy.  A life size accurate Charlotte doll. 

http://www.fairytalesrebo...ge-1---in-stock-647-p.asp

oh, WOW that is caaareeepeeeee  Nerves

What the ever-loving ^@($^@(*#^(@  Those dolls are going to give me nightmares. I don't understand that AT ALL. I'm not a doll person or a barbie person, so maybe I just don't get it...but I just don't get it. Why would people want life-like fake babies? Do they hold and snuggle them? Do they put the "real"-looking baby on a shelf in their doll room? I seriously don't understand!

I am also seriously disturbed even by the way the website refers to the dolls. In the 'adoption room' tab, someone writes: I hope you like my gorgeous little newborn girl as much as I do. Me: um...it's a DOLL, not a newborn!! They are also selling BPA-free nipples so they can feed their "babies" ... Me: why do you need a BPA-free nipple for a FAKE baby?!  Nerves

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1442 on: April 29, 2017, 03:17:32 AM »

Ruh Roh! Grandpa Charles is not happy about never seeing the elusive grandchildren and is complaining through the press! (Although, granted, it's the DM.)  http://www.dailymail.co.u...-s-parents-Charlotte.html

Some of my favorite parts (which also speak to William's true spoiled nature and selfish character):

• "'William chose the Middletons as his surrogate family long ago, even before the children were born. He has nailed his colours to the mast in that respect,' says one who has observed the family at close hand"
  • "Charles is far more pragmatic than many give him credit for and while he may rant and rail about the situation in private, more often than not he caves in to his notoriously truculent eldest son over everything from his career decisions to money. But the sad truth is, like many grandparents who don’t have the easiest relationship with their offspring, he is also nervous of provoking a situation where he never gets to see his grandchildren at all."
  • "This couldn’t be more different from the access enjoyed by the Middletons, who, as one who knows them well says, are 'virtually part-time nannies' to the children. I understand that after Charlotte's birth, the Middletons were encouraged to pop in to see her whenever they liked - including coming to the hospital when she was born.  Charles and Camilla, it seems, were not given the same freedom. They have had to drop everything on several occasions to go to see the baby at short notice.  'Let's just say(W&K) haven't really done anything to make it easy for him,' said one familiar with the set-up. 'Charles does the best he can, but there are constraints.'"
  • "It's not clear whether Charles will even see Charlotte for her birthday on Tuesday - he's in Scotland all week and the Cambridges are unlikely to travel to Birkhall. As for the Middletons, without the rigours of a royal schedule, they are more than likely to see the Princess blow out her candles.

Translation: Willy snorts, stomps his hooves, and paws at the ground until Charles gives in with money and freedom...and then W&K keep the children from Charles anyway!!

Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1443 on: April 29, 2017, 05:06:05 AM »

So cruel of W&K and so detrimental to the kids to have no relationship with their grandfather who loves them, funds them, and would surely want a relationship with them.

Not surprising Charles is afraid of poking the beast that is William who still has the media and the world behind him.
Ghost

Micro Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #1444 on: April 29, 2017, 06:52:22 AM »

I remember clearly an article almost identical about how earl Spencer was not seeing much of William and Harry, how he had a treehouse built for them at Althorp and it was never seen by the boys.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1445 on: April 29, 2017, 10:43:27 AM »

Charles has Camilla's grandkids to hang out with and her kids don't have the same baggage.
Margaret

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1446 on: April 29, 2017, 11:14:06 AM »

Charles has Camilla's grandkids to hang out with and her kids don't have the same baggage.

True enough, but as close as he may be to them, they are not his blood kin, and are not his heirs.  Hopefully when Harry marries Charles will have a closer relationship with him and his wife and will see their children often.  If it's true about William keeping George and Charlotte from Charles, I think it's very childish of him, and selfish.  The children deserve to have a close relationship with their grandfather Windsor: the man who will be king before their father is, and the one from whom they will learn the job of being CEO of the family firm.  They will be adults before their father get a shot at the job, or at least I hope they will.  George, in particular, needs to develop a sense of his place in history and to learn more than one way - his father's way - of doing things.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1447 on: April 29, 2017, 12:23:45 PM »

I doubt there is a normal family life going on at the Cambridge's. It's kind of funny in a sad way that Rebecca English states "it is Charlotte’s maternal grandparents who play the biggest role in her life". So it's not hands-on Will and Kate but Ma?
There also seems to be a tug of war already regarding the kids as we've seen between Kate and Will, Charles and Will and maybe even Charles and the Midds. While I don't think Charles is the victim they say he is because I doubt he is a very easy and accommodating person when it comes to his private life, I do believe Will is childish enough to use the kids to punish his father for whatever he thinks Charles did or didn't do.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1448 on: April 29, 2017, 12:55:10 PM »

Quite honestly I can neither picture Charles nor Camilla as doting and very attached grandparents. For a limited period of time - yes. But all the time - no. I think Charles is emotionally detached from his parents and from his children.

If family had been his main focus in life he would have noth cheated on Diana while the kids were small. It might sound stupid, but that is my opinion on that.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1449 on: April 29, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »

Everytime he does see them(at ToC) he seems so sad, I hope when Harry weds he gets to see Harry's kids whenever so William does not have that control on him. Of course Harry has to come to the rescue. Poor Charles.  No
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1450 on: April 29, 2017, 03:09:10 PM »

I've just read Sally Bedell Smith's latest biography on Charles. It was interesting more for what it didn't say about family relations, but what Bedell Smith hinted at once or twice in the book was that Charles and the Cambridges rarely see each other.

When Charles missed George's first birthday and then his second, SBS wrote that Tiggy rang him up and warned that he was missing out on some important markers. She suggested that there could be some close grandpa-grandson time if Charles made time after tea and walked over to KP to see George (when the Cambridges were at KP obviously.) Charles turned up to George's third birthday but the same pattern seems to be emerging with Charlotte.

On the other hand, Bedell Smith discreetly inferred that the Cambridges don't go to Highgrove much, and I have read elsewhere when Charles was at Sandringham to open the Sandringham flower show apparently the Cambridges took the kids down to Middleon manor in Bucks for the weekend.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1451 on: April 29, 2017, 03:22:00 PM »

I've just read Sally Bedell Smith's latest biography on Charles. It was interesting more for what it didn't say about family relations, but what Bedell Smith hinted at once or twice in the book was that Charles and the Cambridges rarely see each other.

When Charles missed George's first birthday and then his second, SBS wrote that Tiggy rang him up and warned that he was missing out on some important markers. She suggested that there could be some close grandpa-grandson time if Charles made time after tea and walked over to KP to see George (when the Cambridges were at KP obviously.) Charles turned up to George's third birthday but the same pattern seems to be emerging with Charlotte.

On the other hand, Bedell Smith discreetly inferred that the Cambridges don't go to Highgrove much, and I have read elsewhere when Charles was at Sandringham to open the Sandringham flower show apparently the Cambridges took the kids down to Middleton manor in Bucks for the weekend.

Bolded shows that the Cambridges don't want Charles there and it probably makes him uncomfortable.

I thought he went to the first birthday party wasn't it at KP with the Queen, thought he didn't show up to the 2nd & 3rd one due to work.
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1452 on: April 29, 2017, 04:01:31 PM »

On the other hand, Bedell Smith discreetly inferred that the Cambridges don't go to Highgrove much, and I have read elsewhere when Charles was at Sandringham to open the Sandringham flower show apparently the Cambridges took the kids down to Middleon manor in Bucks for the weekend.

I'm not generally a fan of Charles (and I believe that biography was done with his full approval), but in this case, I think William is 100% at fault. IMO, I can imagine Willy being really passive aggressive toward Charles and keeping the children away from Charles (and even the queen, unless specifically ordered/summoned) as punishment for whatever slights are real or he imagines or has built up in his own head. I would imagine that after a year or two of not getting to see the kids on important dates (birthdays, holidays, father's day) he now just goes about his business and schedules work on their birthdays since he knows he won't even be invited to see them (or they won't bring the children to him) anyway!

I don't see Charles as being a rough and tumble kind of grandfather, but I do think he would be good at showing the kids nature (plants/gardens), reading to them, and of course teaching them about their roles in the royal family - or just about the royal family (which I imagine William doesn't do at all!).

I think the thing that bothers me most is, William:  you are NOT "NORMAL" and no one in your family is normal, and if you don't want the royal duties then take yourself out of line and go away and start paying for your own expenses. However, if you do want all the perks and money and free homes and insane clothing allowances for your wife, which you both appear to take full advantage of...then MAN UP and do your freaking duty and introduce your children to their future roles so they can be prepared. God, William is such a petulant baby.

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1453 on: April 29, 2017, 04:39:34 PM »

I think the distance and the game playing started long before the kids were born or Will was even married but now it's much more obvious. Not to mention that the Midds allegedly did all the party planning for the children's birthdays, so I imagine it to be quite a competition and over the top thing judging by the stories about Kate's family when she was young. I guess that's not exactly what Charles or HM would appreciate. If I was Charles I also wouldn't like to be at an estate or flat I paid for, with the furniture I paid for, at a party I paid for and the staff I pay for and be welcomed by Ma and Kate (the silly girl with the expensive clothes, wiglets, "beauty regime" and luxury holidays I have to pay for) as if it was their home and I'm nothing more but an unwanted guest. With Charlotte they have the ultimate weapon to punish him with if the story is true that Charles and Diana wished for a daughter. Sadly Charles seems to be too afraid to put Will in his place and finally cut the allowance. Or he just gave up long ago.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1454 on: April 29, 2017, 04:46:55 PM »

On the other hand, Bedell Smith discreetly inferred that the Cambridges don't go to Highgrove much, and I have read elsewhere when Charles was at Sandringham to open the Sandringham flower show apparently the Cambridges took the kids down to Middleton manor in Bucks for the weekend.

Bolded shows that the Cambridges don't want Charles there and it probably makes him uncomfortable.

I thought he went to the first birthday party wasn't it at KP with the Queen, thought he didn't show up to the 2nd & 3rd one due to work.

No, I believe Charles was inspecting a red squirrel sanctuary on George's first birthday, when most of the family including the Queen turned up, but he was there for his third. Charles will be in Scotland when Charlotte has her second birthday but whether he will go down to Anmer or the Cambridges go up to Birkhall for it is doubtful.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 105   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: