Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 135   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge - News and photos  (Read 534514 times)
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1785 on: July 09, 2018, 11:20:09 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ce-Louis-christening.html

"You're not coming" to the media. Yikes?

So William's issues continue for another generation.   Does he not realize that the licensed media has treated the family (especially the children) with kid gloves?
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1786 on: July 10, 2018, 12:10:15 AM »

Maybe that is what she heard her father saying to his grandparents. LOL
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #1787 on: July 10, 2018, 01:47:50 AM »

That's just sad. Talking to people that way just screams of William as a child too. Sad

She shot the photographers a look I so see on her father. It's a bit disconcerting raising your kids to hate the media like that.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1788 on: July 10, 2018, 02:02:02 AM »

The press may call it "cute and cheeky" now when she's 3, but in a few years if she continues that attitude the descriptions won't by so kind. She's going to have a really hard ride in life if she isn't set straight.

And I won't pin it all on William, Harry has done the same type of things too (and even going beyond just words). I have no doubt it's how the whole Royal family is. Difference is, unlike William and Harry, they have enough brains and common sense on how to act in public appropriately. The "firm" really dropped the ball in William and Harry's upbringing post Diana and its going to reverberate for generations to come if the monarchy lasts.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #1789 on: July 10, 2018, 02:09:27 AM »

I think William and Harry both hate the media but William has always, since he was a boy, been far more overt about it to the point of rudeness and the like to the media. It's weird watching childhood videos and seeing how he never matured. I hope Charlotte does better in the end; she and her siblings deserve to be raised better, though this attitude doesn't surprise me. William of course would teach his kids the same feelings he has.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1790 on: July 10, 2018, 03:40:03 AM »

I think that Harry is ok with the media. Doesn't like them but understands they have a job to do. William has the "rude"gene that Harry didn't get and I hope Charlotte doesn't have. I will give Charotte a pass with her behaviour because she is three and that can be a fearsome age  Wink
Mary Stuart

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1791 on: July 10, 2018, 03:44:03 AM »

For once, I don't think this was intentional. My guess is that Charlotte or George asked Will and Kate in the church if the photographers were coming to the party with them and they responded. I hope he isn't bad talking the media to a 3 year old. I would imagine he would save that for their teen years.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1792 on: July 10, 2018, 12:50:39 PM »

Mary Stuart, I am hoping the same: I wondered if Charlotte had asked about all those people outside and whether (daunting prospect) she had to meet them.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Liebe

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1793 on: July 10, 2018, 01:27:36 PM »

For once, I don't think this was intentional. My guess is that Charlotte or George asked Will and Kate in the church if the photographers were coming to the party with them and they responded. I hope he isn't bad talking the media to a 3 year old. I would imagine he would save that for their teen years.

I can see that scenario - the children asking and being told that no, the photographers/reporters weren't coming to the party. But it is bit rude for a three year old to then inform the media of that on the way out. I hope her parents told her not to be such a smart aleck. If she keeps on in this vein she's in for a rough ride with the press.

Do what you can, where you are, with what youíve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1794 on: July 10, 2018, 01:33:18 PM »

She is 3 years old and I personally highly doubt anything she is capable of saying can be constructed as rude tbh. She is a kid and made an innocent remark, once she grows up she will definitely know that reminding anyone of their non- invitation is rude and unnecessary.
Talika

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #1795 on: July 10, 2018, 02:15:22 PM »

To me it is not a nice look of a child, on the contrary look full of despise towards plebs. Those chilfren are very much aware of who they are from the early childhood.
 I feel sorry for royals in only one case- all their life they have to pretend that they care about peasants when in fact they dont give damn about them. That must be exhausting. Don't blame them for having so many vacations.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1796 on: July 10, 2018, 02:42:48 PM »

It's behaviour akin to behaviour we've seen from many other royal children, I think. I imagine it must be difficult to explain to a small child - as in really explain - how their position is and why their life is how it is. Why are the always photographers when Charlotte and her brother are somewhere with the whole family? What are their crowds and people cheering? Josephine in Denmask enjoys it clearly. Estelle in Sweden did too, for a while at least. Leo on Sweden runs away. George seems to dislike it. Much depends on how the adults deal with it so I think it's a little too soon to call Charlotte rude because of it. How she acts now is a reflection of her age and of what adults - mainly her parents - have told her.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #1797 on: July 10, 2018, 03:04:42 PM »

If she were more, say, Estelleís age I would maybe give her some side eye. C is three. Newly 3 at that. A child is just beginning to learn to express themselves in more complex ways and she will have next to no comprehension of who she truly is or what those people are there for. Itís possible it was meant in a catty, rude way if sheís picking up on the attitude of her parents, but she will have no idea of what sheís doing/canít help that.

Iím more impressed by how consistently well behaved the Cambridge children have been in public. (George at Pips wedding was a nothing burger)

Tomato
Banned
Banned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1798 on: July 10, 2018, 07:13:09 PM »

I can see that scenario - the children asking and being told that no, the photographers/reporters weren't coming to the party. But it is bit rude for a three year old to then inform the media of that on the way out. I hope her parents told her not to be such a smart aleck. If she keeps on in this vein she's in for a rough ride with the press.

Agreed. I'd be horrified if my 3 year-old behaved that way. But then again, considering who her parents are, it's not very surprising.

To-may-to, to-mah-to.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1799 on: July 10, 2018, 07:20:36 PM »

Well, she's barely 3, so I don't see what the big deal is.  If she does this at age 5, then clearly there is an issue.

Also, isn't the Mail not to be trusted?  That's what I've been told when they report on Sparkles. It's so hard to keep it all straight.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 135   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: