Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 134   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge - News and photos  (Read 519768 times)
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1830 on: July 13, 2018, 06:31:08 PM »

I think Kate mostly takes well to motherhood but she is also from a very aspiring family and waited a long time to become royal. I think she will insist on boarding school to keep up with the royal Joneses so to speak but will wait. 8 years old is awfully young and George especially seems like a sensitive soul. Hopefully there will be no further incidents like sending Charles to Gordonstoun which did him no good. On the other hand it would be nice to see George and maybe the others go off for a semester or year in a Commonwealth country. I was sad that William didn't get a Geelong or similar experience like Charles did. I think that kind of thing is helpful for young people. I realize Charles was sent under the guise of becoming the future king of Australia and that sort of thing is no longer what should define decisions regarding George but it would still be nice to send him if not to Geelong's Timbertops then to Lakefield or a top tier US or European school for a little while.

I think this may be one area where Kate disagrees with her husband and mother and hopefully stands up to them.  She’s really matured lately and obviously relishes being a mother, I can’t imagine her being happy to send any of them away and certainly not George who seems a sensitive soul. Maybe day boarders when they’re teenagers, but at 8? I’d be stunned if that happened.
Lady Liebe

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1831 on: July 13, 2018, 06:52:23 PM »

Yes you all are correct of course that William and Harry's kids can't go outside of the Commonwealth. I was thinking broadly about other European royals in the US which seems to be ok. Going overseas has such positive benefits so I hope they do it and I guess the timing with Diana's death did indeed put a hold on sending the boys overseas. Australia is a long haul but Canada makes a lot of sense. I read that Andrew still gets together with other Lakefield "boys" on annual canoe trips which is a nice dose of normal for a man who lives an un-normal life. Maybe Anne didn't want to leave Britain?

That could be, and she was horse mad then, Phillip famously said 'if it doesn't eat hay she's not interested'. But she was so much more confident and outgoing as compared to Charles, so I can't really see her wanting to stay home.
Lady Liebe

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1832 on: July 13, 2018, 07:13:30 PM »

Edited to add-

I believe the whole quote is: If it doesn't eat hay and fart she isn't interested.
EstellesBows

Medium Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1833 on: July 14, 2018, 01:51:15 PM »

I think Waity and Willnot deserve the benefit of the doubt with Charlotte. She is only 3 and is still learning how to speak and construct sentences and one of the ways they do this is by vocalising observations, but they are still too young to know you shouldn’t say everything you notice. It is why kids that age are great at embarrassing their parents with comments like “Mommy she’s really fat” while pointing at someone on the train. My friend’s daughter was born the same day as Charlotte (my friend jokes she got upstaged) and that story is something she did about a month ago. She is not a badly raised child at all, she is just in a developmentally normal stage of childhood where they are curious about the world and want to vocalise things, but don’t have the understanding of social graces needed to know when to keep their observations to themselves. Charlotte has noticed they are not coming and has said it, but is still too young to understand it is a little rude.

As for Waity, there is a lot I can say about her but I do think her enjoyment of motherhood and her love for her children is very genuine, so I’m glad that with all the craziness these kids will grow up with, they have that love in the family home. I don’t see Kate and Willnot allowing them to be sent away at age 8, but I could see them going to boarding school as teenagers - given HM’s age, by that point, Waity and Willnot will have Chuck and Camilla’s schedule. I am sure there are options like Kate has for weekly boarding - where they can be at home on the weekends.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1834 on: July 14, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »

I remember someone explaining it to me this way, at 3 they would say “you are fat” because it’s purely an observation, at 4 they’ll whisper to whoever they are with “that person is fat” because they’re more aware of people and feelings and then from 5 and upwards they wait until the person has gone to say “did you see how fat that person was” because they now know it’s more appropriate.  If George had said it I’d be side eying him and Will/Kate, but not Charlotte at three, it’s purely an observation on her part.  We’re going for tea and you aren’t coming. I do hope Will and Harry don’t pass on their press hatred because the next generation is going to need them more than ever.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1835 on: October 14, 2018, 04:22:45 AM »

October 12
Eugenie's wedding

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #1836 on: October 14, 2018, 04:31:56 AM »

She's the spitting image of William.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1837 on: October 14, 2018, 05:38:04 AM »

In the wave from the car, you can tell she has the Teck genes, but very modified. She's super cute. And there was one picture of William somewhere in this wedding where he looked like a younger Andrew!
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #1838 on: October 14, 2018, 05:52:16 AM »

Just 3 years old and already she can do a better job of preventing her skirt from flying up in the wind than her mother Tongue

Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1839 on: October 14, 2018, 05:54:59 AM »

She has the natural charisma of Diana. What a cutie!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1840 on: October 18, 2018, 04:56:11 PM »

she IS her father's daughter...never saw it clearer than in this comparison

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1841 on: October 18, 2018, 05:03:23 PM »

WOW! Thanks PeDe. I never saw much of William in her but that pic, she is all dad  Shocked Shocked

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1842 on: October 18, 2018, 05:17:48 PM »

she IS her father's daughter...never saw it clearer than in this comparison

Wow
It's very impressing how she has changed. When she was born we were talking about how she was all Middleton but, as she grows older, she has a strong resemblance to her paternal family.

Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1843 on: October 18, 2018, 07:34:40 PM »

I see QEII every time I see this child.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1844 on: October 18, 2018, 07:46:42 PM »

I see QEII every time I see this child.

Me too, DoV - until I saw this photo coparison, now I see both in her.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 134   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: