Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge - News and photos  (Read 578154 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2085 on: August 20, 2020, 01:04:12 PM »

I wonder why theyíre dated 14th March.

Because that was the date of their first visit, when they did the paintings on the wall.

Kate and the children visited again last weekend, this second visit was the one reported and twitter had pics of little Louis on the door Wink

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2086 on: August 20, 2020, 05:31:31 PM »

George has better writing aged six than what I have ever achieved (I'm 25!).
Seeing Charlotte's writing brought me back to being at primary school and starting each letter from the lines on the page to ensure that it looked neat and 'grown up' (not that mine ever did!). I wonder if after writing the first four letters of her name little Charlotte got bored and finished it off later?
There does seem to be a love/trend of families doing hand/feet painting for childhood memory purposes, at least in the UK. My cousin has a large canvas in her living room of her, her husband and their two children's hands and feet prints with their names and ages marked on the canvas. A very lovely memory, and of course incredibly fun to do!

It seems the Cambridge kids love painting and getting messy- I wonder if it was this trip in March that inspired Kate when taking the birthday photos of Louis?
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2087 on: August 20, 2020, 06:20:46 PM »

I wonder if Charlotte is a lefty? There is something about her backwards 2's and the t's that would indicate she is either ambidextrous or is a lefty or a lefty forced to be a righty it all indicates spatial dexterity so this is not a criticism just an observation. She may become an artist or work in the design world somehow like a planner or landscape architect even.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2088 on: August 20, 2020, 06:32:13 PM »

I wonder if Charlotte is a lefty? There is something about her backwards 2's and the t's that would indicate she is either ambidextrous or is a lefty or a lefty forced to be a righty it all indicates spatial dexterity so this is not a criticism just an observation. She may become an artist or work in the design world somehow like a planner or landscape architect even.

I doubt she's being forced to use her right hand if she's a lefty. It doesn't seem like something her parents or St. Thomas' would do.

Both Phillip and Charles like to paint, and Kate has taken some very artistic and evocative photos - those taken in Pakistan and the ones of the Holocaust survivors come to mind. Plus we've seen Kate buying art supplies around Christmas time, so I do think she's being encouraged to explore any creative talents she has.  Thumb up

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2089 on: August 20, 2020, 06:36:52 PM »

Yes I doubt her parents are doing that but I have seen parents do that if you can believe it and it does explain the backwards lettering. But so does spatial thinking so it will be interesting to see how her brain and interests develop.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2090 on: August 20, 2020, 07:11:04 PM »

Yes I doubt her parents are doing that but I have seen parents do that if you can believe it and it does explain the backwards lettering. But so does spatial thinking so it will be interesting to see how her brain and interests develop.

Oh I know periwinkle - it was still quite a common thing when I was a child. Me - I write with my right hand but bat and golf lefty.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2091 on: August 20, 2020, 07:30:26 PM »

William is a lefty. I doubt heíd try to make Charlotte use her right hand if she is one too.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2092 on: August 20, 2020, 07:40:18 PM »

Reversals are fairly common at her age/stage of schooling.  Smiley
lynaH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2093 on: August 20, 2020, 08:11:07 PM »

King George VI developed the stammer that plagued him his whole life because he was a lefty forced to use his right hand.
Elizabeth II generally is a hands off grandmother (and mother) but I suspect that if anyone tried to do to her grandaughter what had been done to her beloved papa she would put her foot down immediately. And the few times she does that, she gets her way.
But Charlotte might be a lefty. Or just a child who doesn't really know how to write yet.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2094 on: August 20, 2020, 10:41:02 PM »

A lot more people than you'd know are ambidextrous. We have however favoured using the right hand for writing, opening anything (doors, jars, faucets all cater to right hand use) and such, that most people have simply trained that hand while neglected the left. Even if you are very derft with your left hand, if you never trained writing with it, our hand writing will look like that of a small untrained child.
BTW, which hand you favour is definitely a family trait.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2095 on: August 20, 2020, 11:09:18 PM »

King George VI developed the stammer that plagued him his whole life because he was a lefty forced to use his right hand.
Elizabeth II generally is a hands off grandmother (and mother) but I suspect that if anyone tried to do to her grandaughter what had been done to her beloved papa she would put her foot down immediately. And the few times she does that, she gets her way.
But Charlotte might be a lefty. Or just a child who doesn't really know how to write yet.

My youngest is a lefty (too - so am I). It took him a while to decide so to speak. For a while he drew with one hand and practiced writing with the other. Eventually he ended up doing most things with the left hand. I think itís fairly normal.

My father was also a lefty and he was forced to write with his right hand. As he said the result was primarily that he wrote poorly with both hands Beer Me grandmother never stopped being amazed I was allowed to write with the left hand, the poor dear. I suspect it must have been a bit unpleasant to go through.
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #2096 on: August 20, 2020, 11:57:38 PM »

Iím a lefty too my parents never pressured me to change but my fist year elementary teacher( married to an orthodox priest) Wanted me to used my right hand because the left was not pious according to her and mom went ballistic on her and told her off (my school was a private catholic one).
I was writing the same way as Charlotte at the same age and a little bit older i was forgetting few letters while writing big words, itís okay it has to do with the left hand covering the words already written and my a lit dyslexia on my part.
Itís true lefties do tent to be more artistic, Iím an architect myself and considering her mother and great grandfather artistic pursuits Lottie has good examples
Ps lilibet is also leftie do I remember right?

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2097 on: August 21, 2020, 01:16:43 AM »

Iím a lefty too my parents never pressured me to change but my fist year elementary teacher( married to an orthodox priest) Wanted me to used my right hand because the left was not pious according to her and mom went ballistic on her and told her off (my school was a private catholic one).
I was writing the same way as Charlotte at the same age and a little bit older i was forgetting few letters while writing big words, itís okay it has to do with the left hand covering the words already written and my a lit dyslexia on my part.
Itís true lefties do tent to be more artistic, Iím an architect myself and considering her mother and great grandfather artistic pursuits Lottie has good examples

IIRC, her father was a lefty, forced righty, which added to his anxiety issues.

William's a lefty.

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2098 on: August 21, 2020, 01:38:25 AM »

Me too!  I remember being encouraged to use my right hand to write and being told my life would be easier if I conformed. So my writing is awful and I try to avoid writing by hand. I also remember being ashamed to ask for the ďspecialĒ scissors in art class. But the nuns did worse to my mother when she was in primary school.   She was the child of Italian immigrants and they named her Silvia. The nuns told them they were wrong and she should be ďSylviaĒ.  So they changed the spelling of her name!  She always hated her name after that.

I donít know about HM, but William definitely is a lefty. I would imagine if Charlotte is left handed they would just go with it and not try to force her to use her right hand.
lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2099 on: August 21, 2020, 03:02:44 AM »

Reversals are fairly common at her age/stage of schooling.  Smiley

Yes, I teach third grade and it's still not that out of the ordinary for them to still be mixing up b/d or writing their 2s and 5s backwards. They usually start to self-correct on their own by the time they finish the year.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: