Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 146   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge - News and photos  (Read 651326 times)
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #2100 on: August 21, 2020, 03:16:10 AM »

Iím a lefty too my parents never pressured me to change but my fist year elementary teacher( married to an orthodox priest) Wanted me to used my right hand because the left was not pious according to her and mom went ballistic on her and told her off (my school was a private catholic one).
I was writing the same way as Charlotte at the same age and a little bit older i was forgetting few letters while writing big words, itís okay it has to do with the left hand covering the words already written and my a lit dyslexia on my part.
Itís true lefties do tent to be more artistic, Iím an architect myself and considering her mother and great grandfather artistic pursuits Lottie has good examples
Ps lilibet is also leftie do I remember right?

Me too!  I remember being encouraged to use my right hand to write and being told my life would be easier if I conformed. So my writing is awful and I try to avoid writing by hand. I also remember being ashamed to ask for the ďspecialĒ scissors in art class. But the nuns did worse to my mother when she was in primary school.   She was the child of Italian immigrants and they named her Silvia. The nuns told them they were wrong and she should be ďSylviaĒ.  So they changed the spelling of her name!  She always hated her name after that.

I donít know about HM, but William definitely is a lefty. I would imagine if Charlotte is left handed they would just go with it and not try to force her to use her right hand.

Hahahahaha the struggle was real you donít know how many times I god burned or cut during cooking or crafting maquette (for university) because most of the tools are made for right handed people, sometimes I feel that I live in a world that trys to kill me
Mine too but I own it  Grin sometimes it  was so bad that if I didnít went to copy my notes straight after class I couldnít read it, itís still is and my boyfriend doesnít even let me do the grocery list.
My mom was always sensible about it because her younger sister was slap by her teachers with a ruler for not writing with the right hand (she end up switching to right handed writing and doing everything else with the left).
Ps the queen is right handed (checked it) but Queen Vic was a lefty!
Ps2 goingís back reading my post make me realize how bad my spelling is I donít know if my dyslexia got worse(is it a thing) but I sorry that you have to endure that

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2101 on: August 21, 2020, 03:18:10 AM »

Iím a lefty too my parents never pressured me to change but my fist year elementary teacher( married to an orthodox priest) Wanted me to used my right hand because the left was not pious according to her and mom went ballistic on her and told her off (my school was a private catholic one).
I was writing the same way as Charlotte at the same age and a little bit older i was forgetting few letters while writing big words, itís okay it has to do with the left hand covering the words already written and my a lit dyslexia on my part.
Itís true lefties do tent to be more artistic, Iím an architect myself and considering her mother and great grandfather artistic pursuits Lottie has good examples
Ps lilibet is also leftie do I remember right?

The Queen isn't a lefty but her father was, William is and I think Edward may be as well.

Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2102 on: August 21, 2020, 04:41:49 AM »

I wonder if Charlotte is a lefty? There is something about her backwards 2's and the t's that would indicate she is either ambidextrous or is a lefty or a lefty forced to be a righty it all indicates spatial dexterity so this is not a criticism just an observation. She may become an artist or work in the design world somehow like a planner or landscape architect even.
Reversals are fairly common at her age/stage of schooling.  Smiley

Yes, I teach third grade and it's still not that out of the ordinary for them to still be mixing up b/d or writing their 2s and 5s backwards. They usually start to self-correct on their own by the time they finish the year.

And dear Charlotte's only 5 so we're several years away from being concerned about her writing regardless of which hand she uses.  Around here kids haven't done much beyond the vary basics by her age...more writing readiness than actual hardcore handwriting lessons.  Real lessons start more in kindergarten and go thru elementary school.  I shudder to think about the handwriting projects from my early elementary years that my mother has saved in my memory box.  Absolute horrors.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2103 on: August 21, 2020, 12:06:24 PM »

There is also the lovely and rather comical habit of mirror writing. Most kids eventually grow out of it, but some retain the ability and make up a perfect little secret hand writing. (aka the Brontee sisters)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2104 on: August 21, 2020, 12:22:11 PM »

My daughter did this from a very young age..... she would use her left hand and write ďperfectĒ from the left side of the page, then sheíd switch to her right hand and write mirror image from the right hand side! She eventually went with right for writing, but plays sports and stuff left handed.

My husband was a lefty forced to be right at school, and he says now he canít write well with either  Grin this possibly also caused/contributed to his dyslexia. he also plays most sports lefty.
LarLa

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2105 on: December 17, 2020, 03:49:06 PM »

Charlotte is wearing a pair of Penelope Chilvers boots in the Christmas card photo. Like mother like daughter lol.

https://ca.hellomagazine....ers-boots-kate-middleton/

The boots are only available through pre-order. No doubt they are already quite popular.

https://penelopechilvers.com/mini-me-tassel-boot
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #2106 on: December 17, 2020, 03:52:40 PM »

I wear a chhildren's European 34 (sometimes I can do an adult 35!) so I may splurge on them as they are so cute...

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2107 on: December 21, 2020, 04:53:06 PM »

Whilst having a weak moment on my lunch break, I came across this Hello! article claiming that Charlotte is the 'double' of Lady Kitty Spencer, showing a photo from the latter's childhood:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb...ar-BB1c5wxt?ocid=msedgntp

I see a resemblance, but I still think Charlotte has inherited the strong Teck genes. I see a lot of William, but also a lot of the Queen, Sarah Chatto, and QEQM to an extent...all with Kate's colouring. I think, given her Teck genes, there is a similarity with Eugenie too, and it will be interesting to see Charlotte as she gets older and how/whether she is similar in looks to Eugenie. Similar with Lady Louise, who I think is very Teck when it comes to her features.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2108 on: December 21, 2020, 05:27:42 PM »

I don't see much resemblance with Lady Kitty aside from the normal pudginess that comes with that age. I always waited for a Diana face to appear with Charlotte since she resembles William but she is less Spencer than she is. I think the Teck genes are there I just looked up a picture of Queen Mary but I see Queen Elizabeth more than anyone else. I don't see the Bowes-Lyon face at all.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2109 on: December 21, 2020, 06:18:39 PM »

I don't see much resemblance with Lady Kitty aside from the normal pudginess that comes with that age. I always waited for a Diana face to appear with Charlotte since she resembles William but she is less Spencer than she is. I think the Teck genes are there I just looked up a picture of Queen Mary but I see Queen Elizabeth more than anyone else. I don't see the Bowes-Lyon face at all.

I agree with this. When I was writing my post I had another look at the photo of Kitty and thought 'well all kids look like that at that age', but I can see how others may see a strong resemblance (particularly those who want to see the resemblance).
The only time I see Bowes-Lyon passed down is with Eugenie. There's a few photos of QEQM in her youth where the resemblance is strong, and I could envisage Charlotte inheriting some of that too (some of that is me wanting to as QEQM was an incredibly beautiful woman!). I think the Teck and perhaps Philip's side are strongest when it comes to descendants' features.

Some interesting photos of QEQM as a youngster and how Eugenie may resemble her (IMO):
https://i.dailymail.co.uk...1000005DC-807_306x530.jpg
https://img.huffingtonpos...noupscale&format=webp
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #2110 on: December 21, 2020, 06:57:17 PM »

I have fervently hoped that Charlotte would not resemble Diana as the press and some of the public would place enormous pressure on her to be Diana .2. This way she can be her own self.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2111 on: December 21, 2020, 07:28:35 PM »

I have fervently hoped that Charlotte would not resemble Diana as the press and some of the public would place enormous pressure on her to be Diana .2. This way she can be her own self.

I agree LL - that would have made her life difficult.

The only people I see with really strong Teck genes are Edward and Louise.  Charles and Harry also have them, but with Phillip mixed in to blunt the edges. Sarah Chatto looks like her father to me, so she isnít in my mix. I see a little of QE in Charlotte but I think she has a face that will change as she gets older. So who knows?
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2112 on: December 21, 2020, 07:29:39 PM »

I gotta go with team Teck Wink imo she is Sarah Chatto with Kate coloring.  I adore Sarah, she is a class act.   Some features of the queen and Anne too.

I think it's clear after she pulled her hand away and strode in like a total princess, she's going to be her own girl and fun to watch....I bet she gives her brother's fits, has her daddy wrapped around her finger and a mom with a job to do 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #2113 on: December 21, 2020, 08:33:16 PM »

The media is always trying to link Charlotte to Diana with looks but really I just don't see it, and if Kitty didn't dye her hair blonde there wouldn't be a link to Diana either(who died her hair blonde was well). Kitty actually looks like her mother.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #2114 on: December 21, 2020, 09:21:57 PM »

I can't blame an author for trying to make a buck, even if he's wrong about who Charlotte looks like.... 

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 146   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: